How to Install Netflix Kodi on Krypton, Jarvis, Firestick, Raspberry-Pi and Linux Ubuntu
NetfliXBMC Kodi Addon
A person who likes surfing online a lot would’ve definitely came across the phrase ‘Netflix and Chill’. Netflix is an online streaming service that people use to stream and watch their favorite TV shows and Movies.
This US based service is something that every entertainment geek is talking about. People love this service because of the content and its quality provided at a fair price. But obviously, not everyone likes paying for their favorite content.
That’s where the Netflix Kodi add-on; NetfliXBMC comes to play. NetfliXBMC is one of the most popular and searched-for add-on. Providing all the Netflix content streams, this add-on is something every Kodi user wants to have. The number of Netflix Kodi add-on users has increased significantly.
NetfliXBMC provides the users access to all the TV shows, Movies and other programs that Netflix has. But one thing to remember is that without a VPN service, you can use this Netflix Kodi add-on only in US. If you’re travelling or living abroad, you’ll need a Kodi VPN to surpass geo-restrictions of this Kodi Netflix add-on.
Kodi Netflix Download
- Start by downloading the Repository for Netflix.
- Once the zip file is downloaded, Open the add-ons menu > Click the Box icon on the top > Click Install from Zip file.
- Browse and open the downloaded zip file > Wait for the notification.
- Now click on Install from Repository > Open Alelec Kodi Repo > Open Video Add-ons > Click on NetfliXBMC > Hit Install > Wait for the notification.
- Return to Home Screen, Go to Add-ons > Video Add-ons > Click NetfliXBMC > A dialogue box will prompt, enter your username and password here. Now you can enjoy Netflix and Chill!
How to Install Kodi Netflix on Krypton Version 17.6 or Lower
- Open Kodi > Click the Settings (Gear) icon > Open File Manager > Double click Add Source.
- A dialogue box will open > Click where it says ‘None’ > Enter this URL exactly: https://www.alelec.net/kodi/ > Click Ok > Name this Media Source Alelec Repo > Click Ok > Double-check the URL and name and click Ok again to close the dialogue box.
- Return to the main menu > Go to the add-ons menu > Click the box icon from the top left corner > Click Install from Zip file.
- Click Alelec Repo > Click on repository.alelec.zip > Wait for the notification.
- Click Install from Repository > Open Alelec Kodi Repo > Go to Video Add-ons > Click on NetfliXBMC > Click on Install > Wait for the notification to appear.
- Go back to the main menu, Go to Add-ons > Video Add-ons > Open NetfliXBMC > Enter your username and password when prompted.
Now access all Netflix streams and enjoy your favorite shows.
How to Install Netflix Kodi on Jarvis in 9 Easy Steps (NetfliXBMC)
Once you have the alelecrepository zip file ready &downloaded, we will now proceed to installNetflix on Kodi for Windows.
- From the Kodi Home Screen go toSystem> Settings >ClickAdd-Ons
- Click “Install from Zip File”
- Choose the location of the alelec repository zip file we saved earlier and let it install
5. Once the alelec repository is installed, choose Install from Repository>alelec Kodi repo> Program Add-Ons>Chrome Launcher, now wait for the Add-on enabled message.
6. In the Add-Ons menu,click Install from Repository>alelec Kodi repo >VideoAdd-Ons>NetfliXBMC, and let the add-on install.
7. Once the add-on has been installed a notification will appear on your screen
8. Go to Home Screen >Videos> Video Add-ons >NetfliXBMC
9. A new window will pop open, fill in your Netflix account information here in the email& Password fields
Not from the Editor: NetfliXBMC is an unofficial add-on and is not supported by the creators of Netflix. The add-on is known to misbehave with all Kodi media center versions and does not work at all in some cases.
We are not responsible for any damage that you may cause to your system while installing and using this add-on. There is also no guarantee from Kodi developers that the add-on will function properly, for more info join the official Kodi forum for NetfliXBMC.
How to Get Access US(American) Netflix on Kodi Xmbc
Now that you have NetfliXBMC on your Kodi media center, most people ask me just how to get the US Netflix portal on Kodi. This one is simple to get done!
To get the US version of Netflix playing on Kodi you will require a Kodi VPN service with servers in the US to change your IP address & location. So, to use US Netflix on Kodi here is what to do:
- Before launching NetfliXBMC, connect your VPN service to a US VPN server
- Go to WhatismyIPaddress.com or IPLocation.net
- Query your IP address and make sure it appears in the US
- Now launch Kodi and access NetfliXBMC from Videos
Check out the top 3 providers:
Special Offer: 73% Off
Special Offer: 83% Off
Warning: There is no guarantee that NetfliXBMC will work let alone work properly on your Kodi media center. The unofficial add-on is not supported by the official Netflix website and the Kodi add-on may fail to execute altogether.
How to Install Netflix Kodi on Linux – Method 1 Using Binary Add-ons
- Head to the terminal window, quit the Kodi application if it is running.
- Over here, type ‘sudo apt-get update’ > Enter your password when asked.
- After that, type ‘sudo apt-get install KodiPVR’.
This is it; your PVR Kodi add-on is now installed. If Kodi was running at the time, then restart Kodi to load this add-on.
Other than this add-on, you can also install the following Binary add-ons:
- Audio encoders
- Audio DSP
- Audio decoders
After installing these add-ons, you can install Netflix on Kodi Linux using our above guides.
How to Install Kodi Netflix on Linux – Method 2 Using Development Build
Step 1: In order to install an unstable build, you will first have to download an unstable repository and add Kodi. You can download the unstable repository by using this: ‘ppa:team-xbmc/unstable’
Step 2: Type the following exactly:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/unstable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi
In case you have installed the PVR Kodi add-on as well, then you will have to update that as well, type:
sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-mythtv
After installing an unstable build and updating it, you will be able to install Netflix on Kodi Linux easily. Refer to the procedure stated above n our guide after installing Kodi.
How to Install Netflix Kodi on Ubuntu/MAC Operating Systems
Ubuntu users can also install Netflix on Kodi in 9 easy steps but remember that the compatibility issue of NetfliXBMC will still persist. Let’s begin setting up Kodi, then proceed with installing Netflix for Kodi (XBMC):
- Begin by, downloadingthe Setup Files for Kodi on Ubuntu
- Go to the Terminal Window and type,“Sudo apt-get install software-properties-common”
- Add XBMC app Repository by typing the command,“Sudo add-apt-repository ppa: team-xbmc/ppa”
- Next, you will have to update your System for Compatibility so type in,“Sudo apt-get update”
- Finally, install Kodi on Ubuntu“Sudo apt-get installs Kodi”
- Wait for Kodi to complete downloading files and installation, Kodi should be ready to launch in 5 minutes depending on your device speed.
Now you can install Netflix on Kodi Ubuntu by following the guide above.
Netflix Kodi Raspberry Pi Installation Guide
Before installing any add-on, you’ll have to install Kodi on Raspberry Pi. Follow our guide for Installing Kodi on Raspberry Pi. Once you’ve installed Kodi, follow these steps for installing Kodi Netflix add-on:
- Open Kodi on your Raspberry Pi > Click the Settings Icon> Click File Manager.
- Click Add Source> Click None> Type this URL https://www.alelec.net/kodi/ > Click OK.
- Name this Source as Alelec Repo> Click OK> Go back to Home Screen (Strike backspace two times).
- Click Add-ons> Click on the Box Icon> Select Install from Zip file> Select Alelec Repo> Click on repository.alelec.zip> Wait for it to be installed.
- Click on Install from Repository.
- Select Alelec Kodi Repo> Click on Video Add-ons> Click on NetfliXBMC> Click Install> Wait for it to be Installed.
There you have it! Now use Kodi Netflix for your entertainment needs!
How to Install Netflix Kodi on Fire TV Using ES File Explorer
- Open Fire Stick Settings.
- Enable ‘ADB debugging’, ‘USB debugging’ and ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’.
- Return to Home screen > Search for ES Explorer.
- Click on ES Explorer and Download it.
- Open ES Explorer, Click on Favorite > Click Add.
- A window will prompt asking for Path and Name > Enter this path: http://fireunleashed.com/ > Enter name ‘Fire’ > Click Add.
- Go back to the Favorite menu >Click on Fire > Click where it says ‘Click Here to Install AppStarter’.
- Press Select from your remote and click Open File > Click AppStarter APK (Run the standard setup).
- Open after the installation ends.
Netflix Kodi Fire Stick Installation Guide
For installing NetfliXBMC on your Fire Stick, you should first set up Kodi on your Fire Stick. Follow our guide to Install Kodi on Fire Stick. Once you’ve installed Kodi, follow these steps to install NetflixBMC on Fire Stick:
- Go to Fire Stick Home> Click on the Settings > Click on System > Click Developer Options > Now Enable Apps from Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging.
- Launch Kodi from Fire Stick Home > Click on the Settings Icon > Open File Manager > Click on Add Source.
- Click None> Enter the URL https://www.alelec.net/kodi/ > Click OK > Name this Repository as Alelec Repo > Click OK.
- Strike the Backspace key twice > Click on Add-ons > Click on the Box Icon.
- Click Install from Zip File > Click Alelec Repo > Select repository.alelec.zip> Wait for it to be installed.
- Click Install from Repository > Select Alelec Repository > Open Video Add-ons > Click on NetfliXBMC > Click Install> The add-on will be installed!
Now you can Netflix and Chill with Kodi on your Fire Stick.
FAQs for Kodi Netflix
Can you put Netflix on Kodi for free?
Yes, you can put Netflix on Kodi for free on your desired devices like PC, Linux, Mac, Fire Stick etc. Follow our Netflix Kodi guide to understand the installation procedure.
How do I add Kodi Netflix on my Android TV?
Follow our guide for installing Kodi on Android Device for installing Kodi first. If you already have installed Kodi on your Android TV then follow our Netflix Kodi guide to see how to install Netflix Kodi on Kodi. The procedure of installing any add-on remains almost same for every device after installation of Kodi.
Is Kodi Netflix free on Amazon Fire Stick?
Yes, Kodi Netflix is absolutely free on Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV. Follow our guide to see how to install Netflix Kodi on Fire Stick.
See You Again Soon!
I hope my guide was helpful in installing NetfliXBMC on your Kodi Ubuntu media center. In case you are face issues check out the official Kodi community for troubleshooting issues with NetfliXBMC from the link above.
Remember to share our guide with Kodi fans and do leave your feedback for improvement. Drop a comment below in case you need to contact us and comeback again for more guides, top Kodi add-on lists and how to install subtitles on kodi.