How to Install Netflix on Kodi in 9 Steps
NetfliXBMC Kodi Add-on
A person who likes surfing online a lot would’ve definitely came across the phrase ‘Netflix and Chill’. Netflix is an online streaming service that people use to stream and watch their favorite TV shows and Movies.
This US based service is something that every entertainment geek is talking about. People love this service because of the content and its quality provided at a fair price. But obviously, not everyone likes paying for their favorite content.
That’s where the Netflix Kodi add-on; NetfliXBMC comes to play. NetfliXBMC is one of the most popular and searched-for add-on. Providing all the Netflix content streams, this add-on is something every Kodi user wants to have. The number of Netflix Kodi add-on users has increased significantly.
NetfliXBMC provides the users access to all the TV shows, Movies and other programs that Netflix has. But one thing to remember is that without a VPN service, you can use this Netflix Kodi add-on only in US. If you’re travelling or living abroad, you’ll need a Kodi VPN to surpass geo-restrictions of this Kodi Netflix add-on.
How to Install Netflix on Kodi in 9 Easy Steps (NetfliXBMC)
Once you have the alelecrepository zip file ready &downloaded, we will now proceed to installNetflix on Kodi for Windows.
- From the Kodi Home Screen go toSystem> Settings >ClickAdd-Ons
- Click “Install from Zip File”
- Choose the location of the alelec repository zip file we saved earlier and let it install
5. Once the alelec repository is installed, choose Install from Repository>alelec Kodi repo> Program Add-Ons>Chrome Launcher, now wait for the Add-on enabled message.
6. In the Add-Ons menu,click Install from Repository>alelec Kodi repo >VideoAdd-Ons>NetfliXBMC, and let the add-on install.
7. Once the add-on has been installed a notification will appear on your screen
8. Go to Home Screen >Videos> Video Add-ons >NetfliXBMC
9. A new window will pop open, fill in your Netflix account information here in the email& Password fields
Not from the Editor: NetfliXBMC is an unofficial add-on and is not supported by the creators of Netflix. The add-on is known to misbehave with all Kodi media center versions and does not work at all in some cases.
We are not responsible for any damage that you may cause to your system while installing and using this add-on. There is also no guarantee from Kodi developers that the add-on will function properly, for more info join the official Kodi forum for NetfliXBMC.
How to Get Access US(American) Netflix on Kodi Xmbc
Now that you have NetfliXBMC on your Kodi media center, most people ask me just how to get the US Netflix portal on Kodi. This one is simple to get done!
To get the US version of Netflix playing on Kodi you will require a Kodi VPN service with servers in the US to change your IP address & location. So, to use US Netflix on Kodi here is what to do:
- Before launching NetfliXBMC, connect your VPN service to a US VPN server
- Go to WhatismyIPaddress.com or IPLocation.net
- Query your IP address and make sure it appears in the US
- Now launch Kodi and access NetfliXBMC from Videos
Check out the top 3 providers:
Special Offer: 79% Off
No Offer Available
No Offer Available
Warning: There is no guarantee that NetfliXBMC will work let alone work properly on your Kodi media center. The unofficial add-on is not supported by the official Netflix website and the Kodi add-on may fail to execute altogether.
How to Install Netflix on Kodi for Ubuntu/MAC Operating System
Ubuntu users can also install Netflix on Kodi in 9 easy steps but remember that the compatibility issue of NetfliXBMC will still persist. Let’s begin setting up Kodi, then proceed with installing Netflix for Kodi (XBMC):
- Begin by, downloadingthe Setup Files for Kodi on Ubuntu
- Go to the Terminal Window and type,“Sudo apt-get install software-properties-common”
- Add XBMC app Repository by typing the command,“Sudo add-apt-repository ppa: team-xbmc/ppa”
- Next, you will have to update your System for Compatibility so type in,“Sudo apt-get update”
- Finally, install Kodi on Ubuntu“Sudo apt-get installs Kodi”
- Wait for Kodi to complete downloading files and installation, Kodi should be ready to launch in 5 minutes depending on your device speed.
Now you can install Netflix on Kodi Ubuntu by following the guide above.
Netflix Kodi Raspberry-Pi Installation Guide
Before installing any add-on, you’ll have to install Kodi on Raspberry Pi. Follow our guide for Installing Kodi on Raspberry Pi. Once you’ve installed Kodi, follow these steps for installing Kodi Netflix add-on:
- Open Kodi on your Raspberry Pi > Click the Settings Icon> Click File Manager.
- Click Add Source> Click None> Type this URL https://www.alelec.net/kodi/ > Click OK.
- Name this Source as Alelec Repo> Click OK> Go back to Home Screen (Strike backspace two times).
- Click Add-ons> Click on the Box Icon> Select Install from Zip file> Select Alelec Repo> Click on repository.alelec.zip> Wait for it to be installed.
- Click on Install from Repository.
- Select Alelec Kodi Repo> Click on Video Add-ons> Click on NetfliXBMC> Click Install> Wait for it to be Installed.
There you have it! Now use Kodi Netflix for your entertainment needs!
Alelec Repository Netflix Kodi Download
Download the Alelec repository Zip
- Click Add-ons> Click on the Box Icon.
- Click Install from Zip file> Navigate the system to the downloaded file> Select Alelec Repo> select repository.alelec.zip> It will be installed in a few seconds.
- Now Click on Install from Repository.
- Select Alelec Kodi Repo> Click on Video Add-ons> Click on NetfliXBMC> Click Install> Wait till the repository is installed.
This is the easiest way to download and install Kodi Netflix add-on. Simple, isn’t it!
Netflix Kodi Fire Stick Installation Guide
For installing NetfliXBMC on your Fire Stick, you should first set up Kodi on your Fire Stick. Follow our guide to Install Kodi on Fire Stick. Once you’ve installed Kodi, follow these steps to install NetflixBMC on Fire Stick:
- Go to Fire Stick Home> Click on the Settings > Click on System > Click Developer Options > Now Enable Apps from Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging.
- Launch Kodi from Fire Stick Home > Click on the Settings Icon > Open File Manager > Click on Add Source.
- Click None> Enter the URL https://www.alelec.net/kodi/ > Click OK > Name this Repository as Alelec Repo > Click OK.
- Strike the Backspace key twice > Click on Add-ons > Click on the Box Icon.
- Click Install from Zip File > Click Alelec Repo > Select repository.alelec.zip> Wait for it to be installed.
- Click Install from Repository > Select Alelec Repository > Open Video Add-ons > Click on NetfliXBMC > Click Install> The add-on will be installed!
Now you can Netflix and Chill with Kodi on your Fire Stick
See You Again Soon!
I hope my guide was helpful in installing NetfliXBMC on your Kodi Ubuntu media center. In case you are face issues check out the official Kodi community for troubleshooting issues with NetfliXBMC from the link above.
Remember to share our guide with Kodi fans and do leave your feedback for improvement. Drop a comment below in case you need to contact us and comeback again for more guides, top Kodi add-on lists and how to install subtitles on kodi.