Exodus, being a popular add-on for Kodi is now being replaced by a better add-on Covenant. This new add-on is from the same team of developers that created Exodus, and now that the Exodus gets far too many complaints by Kodi users, the developer team decided to create Covenant Kodi addon. It is important that Kodi users must install Covenant on Kodi to stay updated.
Just like Exodus, you will have to use a VPN for Kodi to unblock the geo-restricted streams and to protect your privacy.
Covenant Kodi Repositories (Working)
- Kodil – Kodi Israel repository (Download from here)
- XvBMC – The Netherlands Repository
- All Eyez On Me – By Daffy Repository
- Lazy Kodi Repository
One of the best thing about Gurzil is, it supports Real Debrid kodi utility, which improvises your streaming experience. In this tutorial, we provide step-by-step guide on how to install Covenant on Kodi. So read on!
How to Install Covenant on Kodi Leia/Krypton or Higher Using Lazy Kodi Repository
Lazy Kodi repo has been making some headlines as it is a new repository and has all the popular add-ons. When we talk about popular add-ons, the first add-on that pops-up in our mind is Covenant Kodi add-on and why would it not, it has been in the limelight for quite some time now. Above all, the great thing to see is that this repository has Covenant Kodi add-on in it.
Follow these steps to install Covenant Kodi add-on using Lazy Kodi repo:
- Open Kodi > Click on the Settings icon.
- Click on File Manager > Double click Add Source.
- Click ‘None’ > tenter this URL: http://lazykodi.com/ > Click OK.
- Name this source: ‘Lazy Kodi’ > Click OK > Click OK again.
- Go back to Kodi Home > Open Add-ons menu > Click on Box-icon.
- Click Install from Zip File.
- Click on Lazy Kodi.
- Three options: Repositories, Zips and Wizard will be visible.
- Select Repositories option.
- Click on ANDROIDABA.
- Click on Repository.
- Click on repository.Kodil-1.4.zip > Kodi Israel Repository will be installed.
- Now Return to your Home Screen > Click on Add-ons tab > Click on the box icon > Click Install from Repository.
- Open Kodi Israel Repository > Go to Video Add-ons > Select Covenant > Click Install.
How to Install Covenant on Kodi Leia / Krypton Version 18/17.6 Using XvBMC Repository
Kodi just concluded the Kodi version 17 “Krypton” series by launching the final update “Kodi 17.6”. Kodi informed the world through their official site about the release of Kodi 17.6 and the announced the latest version, Kodi 18 “Leia” that follows this update.
Kodi 17.6 is better than the previous versions of Krypton series in terms of performance and stability. Bug and crash fixes, improved connectivity speed and connection fixes with internal webservers are the improvements made. Kodi 17.4 has many bug issues while the Kodi 17.5 had connection errors. This update covered all those tracks very well.
Since the launch of Kodi’s latest version; Kodi Krypton 17.6, the Kodi community has started discovering compatible add-ons. One great news for all the streaming geeks is that they can install Covenant on Kodi 17.6.
Another great thing is that now you can install Covenant on Kodi 17.6 from two different repositories. Follow our installation guide to install Covenant add-on on Kodi 17.6:
- Open Kodi > Click the Settings Icon > Open File Manager.
- Double click Add Source > click on ‘None’ > Type this URL http://archive.org/download/repository.xvbmc > Click OK > Now name this media source ‘XVBMC’ > Click OK.
- Return to Kodi Main Menu by pressing ESC key > Open Add-ons > Click the Box Shaped icon
- Open Install from Zip File > Select XVBMC> Click on repository.xvbmc-4.2.0.zip > Wait until the zip file downloads and the notification appears
- Now click Install from Repository > Select XvBMC (Add-ons) Repository > Open Videos Add-ons > Select Covenant > Click Install> Wait for the notification to appear
- Once the notification appears, G back to Main Menu> Open Add-ons> Open Video Add-ons> Click on Covenant > Browse your favorite content and enjoy!
How to Install Covenant on Kodi Leia / Krypton Version 18/17.6 Or Higher Using Kodil Repository
Colossus Repository has been shut down lately and therefore gives ‘Failed Installation’ error. However, we have come up with an alternate approach to install Covenant on Kodi from ‘Kodil Repository’.
- First you need to Open Kodi on your system > Select Settings icon located at the top > Now click on File Manager.
- Here you will see a list of repositories hanging vertically. On your left hand-side, double click on Add Source > A box will appear in front of you where you need to click on ‘None’ > Type the URL http://www.lvtvv.com/repo/ > Click OK > Type the Media Source Name ‘Kodil’ > Click OK so that the box disappears.
- Hit ‘Backspace’ key multiple times on your keypad to go back to Kodi Main Menu > Click on Add-ons tab > Go to Package Installer icon (shape of a box) on top-left corner.
- Select Install from Zip File > Locate and click Kodil > Now click on kodil.zip > It will take a few minutes until it downloads the repository.
- Now select Install from Repository > Click on Kodil Repository > Go to Videos Add-on > Covenant > Install.
- When Covenant is installed on Kodi, go back to Kodi Main Menu > Click on Add-ons > Video Add-ons > Covenant > Movies > Enjoy!
How to Install COVENANT on Kodi – New Video (Kodil Repo)
How to Install Covenant on Kodi Krypton Version 17.6 Using All Eyez on Me Repository
Ever since the crackdown gained pace, users have started looking for alternative repositories and alternative add-ons. Having an alternative source prevents you from going out of the game. This is why we have explained in this guide how to install Covenant Kodi Add-on using All Eyez on Me Repository.
- Launch Kodi > Click the Settings Icon (Gear icon) > Click File Manager.
- Double click on Add Source > Click on ‘None’ > Enter this URL http://highenergy.tk/repo/ > Click OK > Name this media source ‘All Eyez on Me Repo’ > Click OK > Go back to Kodi Main Menu.
- Open Add–ons section > Click the Add-ons browser (Box Shaped icon)
- Click Install from Zip File > Select All Eyez on Me Repo > Click on repository.alleyezonme-1.4.zip > Wait for the notification.
- Now click on Install from Repository > Select All Eyez on Me Repository.
- Go to Video Add-ons > Choose Covenant > Click Install> Wait for the notification.
- You will be able to access the add-on by going to the Main Menu> Click on Add-ons> Open Video Add-ons > Select Covenant
How to Install Covenant on Kodi Jarvis Version 16 or Below With XvBMC Repository
- Run Kodi Application> Go to System> Open File Manager
- Click Add Source>Click on None> Enter this URL http://archive.org/download/repository.xvbmc > Click Done
- Name this source ‘XVBMC’> Click OK> Return to Home Screen
- Open System> Go to Add–ons> Click Install from Zip File> Select XVBMC> Click on repository.xvbmc-4.2.0.zip > Wait till the repository is downloaded
- Click Install from Repository > Select XvBMC (Add-ons) Repository > Go to Video Add–ons> Click on Covenant> Now browse your favorite on Covenant and enjoy quality streams!
How to Install Covenant on Kodi Jarvis Version 16 Or Below With Kodil Repository
- Open Kodi > System > File Manager > Double click Add Source > Type URL http://www.lvtvv.com/repo/ > Click Done > Type Name ‘Kodil’ > Click Done > Click OK.
- Go to Kodi Home Screen > System > Add-ons > Install from Zip File > Kodil > kodil.zip > Wait for it to download repository.
- Install from Repository > Click on Kodil Repository > Videos Add-on > Covenant > Movies > Enjoy!
How to Install Covenant Kodi Add-on on Leia Version 18
The procedure for installing Covenant Kodi on Kodi Leia version 18 is the same as that of installing Covenant Kodi add-on on Kodi Krypton version 17.6.
How to jailbreak Fire Stick Covenant
Fire Stick being one of the best entertainment device available on shelf globally, has one big flaw to itself that it does not stream anything for free. That is why, we have to jailbreak it to use Kodi (the best streaming software available online) on Fire Stick and stream our desired content.
However, you might be wondering that this jail breaking is illegal but it is not, so relax. We have already elaborated the Kodi on Fire Stick installation procedure in our main guide and we have provided the installation procedure for Covenant Kodi on Fire Stick in this guide.
How to Install Covenant on Kodi Fire Stick
Other than Amazon Firestick apps, Covenant is one famous addon for FireStick. To directly install Covenant on Fire Stick, it is necessary that you install ES File Explorer and then install zip file.
- To install ES File Explorer, follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to Fire Stick Home Screen > Click on Settings > Select System > Developer Option > Turn ON Apps from Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging option.
- A box will pop-up to declare warning, select OK.
- Now go back to Fire Stick Home Screen > Click on Search > Type ES File Explorer.
- Select the ES File Explore when it appears on your screen.
- Now select Free.
- Once we are done installing ES File Explorer, we need to install the Zip File for Covenant add-on.
- Open ES File Explorer.
- Select Favorite option > A new tab will appear underneath Favorite option called ‘Add’ click on that.
- Select Path and type the URL https://t.co/ULSfZzDU8F and click Next > Now select Name and type Colossus and click Next.
- Click Add.
- Now you will see a Bookmark (i.e. Colossus) appears in your Favorite section > Click on it.
- Once you click on it, the Zip File will start downloading > The files are always saved on Download directory on Fire Stick.
- You do NOT need to press any tab i.e. Open Folder or Open File, just press the Home button on Fire Stick and open Kodi (Kodi can be opened by going into Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications.
- Now click on Add-ons > Package Installer icon > Install from Zip File > Now select External Storage > Select Download > Now click on repository.colossus-999.999.6
- Wait for the repository to install > Now click on Install from Repository > Colossus Repository > Video Add-ons > Covenant > Install > Enjoy!
A lot of users face errors like no stream available on Covenant while watching it on FireStick. However the best way to fix it is through installing the best vpn for firestick.
How To Install COVENANT on Kodi – Video Guide (NOT WORKING)
Video Update: This video tutorial was made considering the previous method to install Covenant Kodi add-on, which has now been discarded. The steps presented in the above blog has been updated. We will update the tutorial video soon.
Covenant Kodi Download
Covenant Kodi add-on has another installation method that requires you to download Kodil Repository zip file directly on Kodi. This method can cut off initial 3 steps as highlighted in the Kodi Krypton setup above. Here are the steps below:
- Download the Zip File and save it on your system.
- Launch Kodi > Click on Add-ons tab > Select Box-icon > Then Install from Zip File.
- When the box appears, you need to upload the downloaded Zip File > The installation will start.
- Now click on Install from Repository option > Kodil Repository > Video Add-ons > Covenant > Then Install.
Covenant Kodi GitHub
Colossus which contained Covenant Kodi addon has now been taken down. With it the GitHub account of Colossus also does not work anymore. But the account still exists however the developers have already stepped back. So until now there is no way Covenant Kodi addon can be installed using Colossus. But the good news is it can be easily setup using Kodil repository as well as XvBMC Repostiory.
How to Install Covenant Kodi Add-on on SPMC
- Launch SPMC > Click the ‘Settings’
- click on the icon with horizontal lines > Click ‘Add Source’ > Click None > Enter URL http://www.lvtvv.com/repo/ > Name this source ‘Kodil Repo’ > Click ‘OK’.
- Return to ‘Settings’ menu > Click Puzzle
- Click on ‘Install from Zip file’ > Kodil Repo > Open zip > install > wait for the notification.
- Click Install from repository > Open Kodi Israel Repository > Open Video Add-ons > Select Covenant > Click Install > Wait for Add-on Enabled notification.
Covenant Kodi Not Working/Errors/Fixes
Being a popular Kodi add-on, you might see numerous discussion threads related to it on platforms like Reddit. While going through a few sticky threads, I noticed many people were complaining Covenant Kodi not working issues. So, I thought why dont we address them!
Covenant Kodi Failed to Install Dependency
Covenant add-on is available on many repositories, but there are only few where it actually works. There are repositories where you install Covenant add-on but it gives an error ‘Failed to Install Dependency’. As a result, you are unable to install Covenant on Kodi ending up Kodi Covenant not working. Some of the add-ons contain Trojan viruses and you may accidentally install them through these repositories which is a bigger risk.
To fix this problem, you can install Covenant from the official Colossus repository which is safer than any other repositories. The installation process that has been discussed in this blog follows Colossus repository.
Covenant Kodi No Streams Available
Recently an error has been popping up on Kodi while using Covenant stating, ‘No streams Available’. This means that either the stream you’re looking for is new and not yet available or either it is too old to grab.
As for the add-on, Covenant might not be able to catch any stream from the provider. The reason may be because of your network connectivity, firewall or your cache.
Well, this error can easily be fixed. Follow the following steps to fix this error:
- Go to the Main Menu> Open Tools.
- Click on Clear Providers> Click yes> A notification stating ‘Process complete’ will pop-up.
- Now click on Clear Cache> Click yes > A notification stating ‘Process complete’ will pop-up.
- Click on General > Go to Providers Timeout> Decrease it to 20> Click OK.
- Again click on General> Click on Playback from the left hand menu> Turn off Hosters with Captchas> Click OK.
- Now select Subtitles from the Tools menu> Enable Subtitles> Click OK.
- If you have an unstable or slow internet connection then,
Go to Tools Menu> Select General> Click on Playback from the left hand menu> Go to Max quality> Decrease the video quality for better streaming experience.
Now you can stream your favorite content easily, Enjoy!
Covenant Kodi Update
Are you a covenant user on Kodi and wondering whether your Covenant Kodi add-on is updated or not?
Well, let us first tell you something about the updating procedure of Kodi add-ons. Firstly, add-ons and kodi repositories aren’t always updated automatically. You can have it updated both manually and automatically.
Covenant Kodi Auto-Updates
- Go to Add-ons section.
- Click Video Add-ons.
- Right click on Covenant icon> Click Information> Here you’ll see a menu at the bottom row.
- Enable Auto Updates.
- Now it will automatically update Covenant. Either when we launch the Kodi app or while our Kodi app is running and is left idle.
- One thing to remember is that it’ll update automatically, only if you have installed Covenant Kodi add-on repository as well. Otherwise having a zip file won’t help.
- In case you are being impatient, you can search for Covenant Kodi add-on updates manually from add-ons menu.
Covenant Kodi Manual Updates
- Go to Add-ons section.
- Click Video Add-ons.
- Right click on Covenant icon> Click Information> Here you’ll see a menu at the bottom row.
- Click on the Update option, it’ll manually update the add-on.
The users are more prone towards having updated add-on rather than updated Kodi.
Covenant Kodi Reviews
Kodi is a place of wonders due to the endless possibilities it offers through its add-ons. One of the best add-on for movie streaming was Exodus, which is now out of limelight because its support is no longer available.
But it was soon replaced by Covenant, an add-on that offers everything. There are many Covenant Kodi reviews and in all of them it has been highly praised.
It’s obvious that a third-party add-on cannot be inch perfect and users have been complaining about it. But even in this issue raised, this user is clearly not leaving this add-on.
The issue he has raised regarding the episodes not being correct is a usual thing with such un-official add-ons. Because they aren’t official and the streams that they provide are grabbed from other portals. So this happens sometimes.
On the other hand, there are some users who aren’t satisfied by this add-on. As this user tweeted that he has an issue finding anything to play. Well, we don’t know what the real problem with his add-on might be.
But recently, many users have highlighted an error of having “no streams available” and the reason behind this error might be their ISP, network or their firewall. However, the fix for this error is available and we already have discussed it above in the errors or read our kodi vpn guide.
You can save your favorite content easily by linking your Trakt account to this add-on. It’s very easy and handy too.
Covenant Kodi Reddit User Reviews
If you go through the reviews about Covenant Kodi reddit users have published, then you’ll see that many of them are calling it a “Fork of the Exodus”. Take a look at this thread:
There are some users who are unaware of the fact that having the zip file only doesn’t provide you the streams. You should install proper repository in order to have streams and updates.
If you look at Covenant Kodi reddit reviews, then you’ll see one prominent repository being quoted every now and then namely “Colossus”.
How to Uninstall Covenant Kodi addon
Uninstalling Covenant Kodi add-on is very easy; you can do it by following these three steps:
- Open Kodi > Go to the Add-ons section.
- Click on Video Add-ons > Right click on Covenant > Click Information.
- Click on Uninstall > Click Yes > The add-on will be uninstalled.
Covenant Kodi add-on provides users a great experience allowing them to stream their favorite movies and TV shows on Kodi. Every day a new add-on comes up but many are unable to compete with or replace Covenant Kodi add-on. Whereas, there are a few add-ons that have the potential to be the Kodi Covenant replacement, here are a few of them:
- Placenta Kodi Add-on
- Uranus Kodi Add-on
- Nemesis Kodi Add-on
- Redemption Kodi Add-on
- Magic Dragon Kodi Add-on
Covenant Kodi Alternatives
Covenant has created frenzy among the users and it is irreplaceable in terms of its content and availability of streams after Exodus. However few more Addons have found their way up the trail to match Covenant.
- Plexus for Kodi – (Installation Guide)
- Poseidon for Kodi – (Installation Guide)
- Gurzil for Kodi – (Installation Guide)
- 123Movies for Kodi – (Installation Guide)
- Neptune Rising Kodi – (Installation Guide)
Covenant vs. Placenta
Covenant Kodi add-on and Placenta Kodi add-on have one thing similar about them; they both are forks of popular Kodi add-ons Exodus and Neptune Rising respectively. Covenant became known when the dev team of Exodus Kodi add-on announced that the Exodus Kodi add-on would no longer be updated. Ever since then, Covenant has been the dominant Kodi add-on in the community and no such add-on has come to replace it.
However, Placenta (the fork of Neptune rising) came out and went viral. This add-on has the potential and the functionality edge one-step ahead of the add-on that it is the fork of. Placenta has earned a great deal of praise from Kodi geeks and hence it has risen up to the par that it can easily replace Covenant Kodi now.
Covenant vs Exodus
Covenant Kodi add-on is the official replacement for Exodus which has been the face of free movies and TV shows streaming since many years. Exodus fans are more likely to switch to the newer version of Exodus i.e. Covenant because of the instability of the Exodus and its many broken links that have caused fury amongst its fans. In this installation guide, we provide detailed steps on how to install Covenant on Kodi that will allow you to watch free movies and TV shows.
To Wrap Things Up
Wrapping the whole thing up, let us keep it brief. This add-on is a thing of beauty. You will find a lot of Covenant Kodi reviews, and all of them will be praising it. Covenant allows Trakt account integration with best quality streams. It is undoubtedly the add-on for movies and shows. If you have any other queries related to Covenant or Kodi then comment with your concerns below.