F4MTester Kodi is a Kodi addon that has been serving as a key role player for many Live TV streaming add-ons because it provides the decoding protocol service. It is actually an add-on that provides service to Kodi users by running in the background as a support service for other Kodi add-ons.
You might have seen it installed on your Kodi automatically because it supports Live TV add-ons. However, if it is not pre-configured on your Kodi then follow our guide to see how to install F4MTester Kodi addon.
⚠️Streaming free content through third party Kodi builds and addons like F4MTester is very risky and it sometimes get users in trouble with the law. This is due to streaming the pirated, copyrighted, or censored content through these addons. So, it is a wise choice to use a VPN Service with Kodi.
A Kodi VPN helps you be anonymous online from hackers, phishers, spammers, and even from ISPs and let you stream geo-restricted content even through torrent links.
F4MTester addon was recently available with major repositories like Noobs and Nerds and Smash Repo. But ever since they went down, users were left crossed as they didn’t have a source to download this add-on.
Luckily this add-on is now available through The Crew repository and a few others and is working fine. We have elaborated the complete installation procedure of the add-on in this guide.
F4MTester Repo Name: The Crew Repo
F4MTester Repo URL: http://team-crew.github.io
Other Repositories for F4MTester:
F4MTester Latest Version
The latest version of F4MTester addon as of the time of writing this blog is Version 2.7.2. We will update the version here if it is updated to the newer version in the future.
How to install F4mtester addon on Kodi (Leia & Krypton)
1. Open Kodi media player and go the Settings
2. Select System option
3. Click on Add-ons and then enable Unknown Sources
4. Click Yes when the message prompts
5. Now go one step back to the Settings menu and then click on File Manager
6. Double click on Add Source
7. A box will open, so click None
8. Now enter URL http://team-crew.github.io and click OK
9. Enter the name i.e. The Crew Repo and click OK to close the box
10. Go one step back to the Settings menu and then click on Add-ons
11. Select Install from Zip File
12. A box will open where you will need to click on The Crew Repo
13. Now select repository.thecrew-0.3.1.zip and wait till installation completed
14. Once installed, click on Install from Repository
15. Find and click on The Crew Repo
16. Now select Video Add-ons and then click on F4MTester
17. Press Install
18. Select The Crew Repo Version 2.7.2
19. Click OK
How to Install F4MTester Kodi Add-on on Jarvis (Version 16 or Higher)
- Open Kodi Jarvis V16.
- Click System > Open File Manager.
- Double click on Add Source > Click ‘None’ > enter the URL http://team-crew.github.io > Click Done.
- Name the source URL as The Crew Repo > Click Done > Click OK.
- Return to Kodi Home > Click on System > Click on Add-ons.
- Click Install from Zip File > Click on The Crew Repo > Select repository.thecrew-0.3.1.zip.
- Now click Install from Repository > Select The Crew Repo.
- Open Video Add-ons.
- Select F4MTester from the list > Click Install > Select The Crew Repo Version 2.7.2 > OK > Wait for the notification.
How to Get a VPN Protection on Kodi (49% Off Coupon)
Before you start streaming from the SportsDevil Kodi addon, you must be using a secure VPN to stay away from your ISP tracking. The number one recommended VPN for Kodi users is ExpressVPN. You can use it on 5 devices simultaneously.
- Sign up for a ExpressVPN account and download its app on your device
- Run the app and sign in with your credentials
- Connect to the fastest server and start streaming videos on Kodi
F4MTester Zip File Download
- Download the Zip file on your device > Open Kodi > Go to Add-ons menu.
- Now click the Box Icon > Click Install from Zip File.
- Browse and open the downloaded zip file (repository.thecrew-0.3.1.zip) > Wait for the notification.
- Click on Install from Repository > Open The Crew Repo.
- Open Video Add-ons > Select F4MTester > Hit Install > Select The Crew Repo Version 2.7.2 > OK > Wait for the notification.
How to Install F4MTester on Kodi Fire TV Stick
Other than Amazon Firestick apps, F4MTester is one famous addon for FireStick. To directly install F4MTester on Fire TV Stick, it is necessary that you install ES File Explorer and then install the zip file.
- To install ES File Explorer, follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to Fire Stick Home Screen > Click on Settings > Select System > Developer Option > Turn ON Apps from Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging option.
- A box will pop-up to declare warning, select OK
- Now follow the same steps mentioned earlier in this guide
A lot of users face errors like no stream available on F4MTester while watching it on Fire Stick. However, the best way to fix this error is by installing the best vpn for fire stick.
F4MTester Not Working / Errors / Fixes
F4MTester Failed to Install a Dependency
Failed to install dependency error occurs when you try to install an add-on from an obsolete repository or if there are some files missing in the repository.
Always use an updated repository for installing add-ons. Try to check if the repository is working and accessible before moving forward with the installation procedure. The repository that we have mentioned in our blog is an updated repository and has all the add-ons working.
F4MTester Installation Failed
The main reason that the users face this error is because of the shutting down of some major repositories recently that contains this add-on. Users try to install this ad-on through those repositories and zip files, which results into a failure in installation.
Kodi users should always make sure that they are using reliable and functional repositories for installing add-ons. The problem with these third party add-on repositories is that they keep on shutting down so the users should be careful with it.
There are no such alternatives of this add-on present in the community, which is why this add-on has all the attention of the users.
F4MTester is a unique add-on providing support to the streaming add-ons on the backend to make the streaming experience of the users seamless. Such an add-on is rare to see yet highly appreciable too! It is also included in our list of best Kodi addons for 2021.
Using a secure VPN service with the F4MTester addon is highly recommended for safe unrestricted entertainment. It keeps your identity hidden from online threats and even from your ISP and helps you access geo-restricted content in your country even through torrent links.