Best Kodi VPN That Actually Works ***Updated July 2018 Setup Guides***
Kodi has fast become the leading online streaming solution for millions of streaming fanatics around the world. Attributed to the massive number of video Kodi addons available to watch, movies, TV shows, live TV, sports, documentaries, news etc. Kodi has become a one-stop solution for binge watchers.
Although Kodi offers a massive library of add-ons to stream media & live TV, a huge number of add-ons are geo-restricted and cannot be accessed outside their respective regions. Similarly, copyright issues and DMCAs can get you into trouble with law enforcement authorities. But, you can easily unblock all such geo-restricted add-ons and remain anonymous while streaming with a Kodi VPN.
What is a Kodi VPN Service?
For those of us who are new to Kodi or the concept of geo-restrictions, a Kodi VPN service is software that allows you to change your IP address to unblock geo-restricted Kodi add-ons. For instance, you cannot watch ABC, USTVNow, SportsNet, CBS and many other channels outside the US.
A VPN for Kodi allows you to instantly replace your IP Address with one from the US and access all geo-restricted Kodi channels restricted to US viewers. VPN is not just unblockers meant to unblock geo-restricted websites, they are also capable to secure your devices & network by hiding your online activities while encrypting the data passing through your devices.
Do I need VPN for Kodi?
My reasons to use a Kodi VPN include:
- Securing all video & music streaming activities from the ISP
- Securing torrent streaming & sharing on Kodi
- Unblocking geo-restricted live TV from US, UK, Canada, Spain, Germany, Australia etc.
- To defeat the oppressive government censorship because Kodi is termed illegal in EU
- To improve gaming speeds while playing games on Kodi
Kodi administrators have also established that the project does not participate in copyright infringement may it be through flash streaming or torrent streaming. In case Kodi users are identified by the ISP & copyright trolls, a big fat notice is sent to them with a hefty penalty.
Kodi Without VPN And Its Consequences
Using Kodi without VPN is not an issue unless and until you are involved in privacy or copyright infringement. By infringement, we mean using add-ons that provide pirated content or streams; they are termed illegal in many countries.
Using pirated streams and such third-party add-ons is subject to violation of digital content laws. It is very risky to use Kodi without VPN and streaming through third-party add-ons. The punishment may vary region to region.
Most of the Kodi users prefer streaming with unofficial Kodi add-ons and thus we always recommend not using Kodi without VPN. Another reason for recommending a VPN service is that when you are streaming, you are vulnerable and you should protect your privacy.
Is Kodi legal without VPN
Kodi is a steaming application and is legal. The questions about Kodi being illegal rise when you use third-party add-ons; due to the nature of streams that it provides. Even if you are using third-party add-on, it does not jeopardize Kodi’s legality; it is actually the use of third-party add-ons that does not comply with DMCA guidelines.
Using official add-ons on Kodi is legal because they are not involved in infringement of intellectual property and copyright.
The Best VPN for Kodi –Features to Look Out For
While there are countless Xbmc VPN services available to subscribe to online, fans will need proper testing & review to find the best Kodi VPN provider to unblock their favorite add-ons. There are certain aspects that you must consider before choosing the best VPN service for Kodi.
Your Vpn for Kodi should have a variety of servers to choose from, this will allow unblocking channels from all over the world. Usually, the best way to discover the best VPN for Kodi is by going over different editorial reviews of providers. Here is a list of the leading VPN usable on Kodi with the highest number of servers:
List of Best VPN For Kodi
Special Offer: 77% Off
Special Offer: 63% Off
PureVPN offers one of the largest server network across the world establishing locations in USA, UK, Germany, Italy, France, Canada, Australia, Japan and many other countries.
Similarly, NordVPN is powered by a massive network across the USA, UK, Germany, Netherlands, Singapore, France, and Australia among its huge server arsenal.
Last but not least, Express VPN for XBMC offers its brilliant turbo speed server network in over 90 countries. ExpressVPN is renowned for its superb HD streaming, live TV watching and high speed torrent downloads.
Tunneling protocols are an essential for a VPN on Kodi to deliver high speed streaming. Tunneling protocols establish the security & data encryption rules for a Kodi VPN. This means the speed of data transfers, how strong the encryption will be and what route the data will take to reach its destination are all dependent on this feature.
VPN tunneling protocols are categorized by their pros & cons and have varying uses. For instance, OpenVPN is a secure tunneling protocol known for high speed connectivity but is also known to be hard to configure. Here is a comparison of the top 4 tunneling protocols:
Although not listed in the table above, PPTP or Point to Point Tunneling Protocol is another great choice when it comes to unblocking geo-restrictions. There is the one fact however that the PPTP protocol has now been compromised by the NSA, but as long as you are using it for streaming it should be fine.
OpenVPN is a great choice for unblocking streaming geo-restrictions. Although a bit hard to setup, OpenVPN is by far the best kodi VPN protocol to use for Kodi based on testing speeds and availability. Since it is easily customizable, you will find modified OpenVPN clients offered by most VPN providers.
IKEv2 is one of the fastest tunneling techs to use when unblocking channels on Kodi. Apart from being really fast compared to many of its counterparts, IKEv2 is also very easy to setup & use. IKEv2 also pairs with 4 different ciphering standards (AES128, AES 192, AES 256 & 3DES), letting you choose the mix of speed & security that you require.
Apps & Software
The best VPN built for Kodi usually offer leading edge desktop software & mobile apps to easily configure VPN on all your devices. Currently, most providers offer state of the art software for Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android. The ease of use that apps provide is a great opportunity for beginners&intermediate Kodi VPN users to test out unblocking their favorite channels on both PC & mobile.
I tested 3 top VPN providers on Kodi using their apps over Windows & Android. Have a look through the descriptions for the 3 Kodi VPN apps.
PureVPN offers a superb lineup of apps for all major operating systems including Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android. The brand also provides guides to configure its service over routers and more than 30 other devices. (Read our detailed purevpn review)
Does PureVPN Really Works on Kodi?
User experience matters the most and specially when providing a review of a service, it is the responsibility of the person writing the review to be neutral and just in writing about it. Because the users rely on these reviews and try out the services after reading these reviews. We have been accused by many users that we praise PureVPN just because PureVPN pays us, but such accusations are totally erroneous.
We provide the users a completely honest and justified review of every service because we believe that misleading a user is the worst practice and after all, positive user experience matters the most. In this regard, we took it to PureVPN and asked them directly if it works on Kodi or not (because they have claimed that it does). We received a positive reply from them and they have answered that yes it works on Kodi. Here is a snippet of it:
IPVanish is another reliable provider for Kodi, which allows you to receive good security and anonymity, for protecting your identity online when streaming pirated content. Based in the US, the VPN offers a huge list of 40,000+ shared IPs and 1,000+ VPN servers in 60+ countries.
The best part of all: you have access to OpenVPN, and L2TP/IPSec VPN protocols, backed with AES 256-bit encryption. In addition to this, the provider offers a SOCKS5 Web Proxy for P2P/Torrenting activities, and even allows for establishing connections on 5 devices simultaneously.
Panama based NordVPN offers apps for all OS including Windows, iOS, Android & Mac, plus the service can be configured on 20 other devices. Usually, the apps are all you need with NordVPN as they offer one click connectivity and very few settings that you need to tweak.
How good is NordVPN for Kodi?
NordVPN has been rated highly amongst the top VPN services of the world. No doubt, that NordVPN service has a lot to offer to its users. However, what matters is that how much this service delivers to the users, comparative to its claims.
Many blogs have claimed that NordVPN is a good VPN to use with Kodi, and so we asked the NordVPN support ourselves. Their answer was affirmative and when we asked them to rate it on a scale of 1 to 10, they rated it “8-9”. We have shared their response in the snippet above.
A leading VPN service that offers nifty and useful features. It has servers spread across 34 different location and can help you unblock Kodi add-ons from anywhere. Similarly, it offers dedicated apps for all major platforms.
SaferVPN will keep your identity secure and data protected with 256-bit encryption chippers and multiple protocols. This way you can access Kodi without any issue or trouble with copyright holders.
Is SaferVPN compatible with Kodi?
SaferVPN calls themselves the simplest and the fastest VPN service of the world but how much compatible it is for Kodi, which is to be seen. We asked the support staff that if SaferVPN compatible with Kodi or not. In reply, they provided us a link to installation of SaferVPN on Kodi. The guide is very well sought and was very descriptive. However, one thing to point out is that the customer support service was not up to the mark.
Kodi XBMC VPN Service Add-ons
To draw a verdict on the best Kodi XBMC VPN service add-ons, there are 2 VPN providers that delivers best performance amid convenient privacy policies. These providers are listed below:
- Ivacy VPN
- Datho VPN
There are however 2 working Kodi VPN add-ons available for the XBMC OpenElec box. Currently, only Ivacy VPN and Datho VPN offer dedicated add-ons that can be installed & used with Kodi-XBMC.
Ivacy VPN is currently offering its service with a super discount offer of 86% when you sign up for 2 years with the brand. Checkout out Ivacy VPN’s complete service bundle here. To install IvacyVPN on your OpenElecbox, you can check out the provider’s official guide here.
In a VPN industry where hundreds of VPN co-exists, PureVPN becomes the third VPN to launch its own add-on for its millions of users. Check for the installation guide below to setup PureVPN add-on.
How to Install Purevpn Addon – Method 1
- Launch Kodi on your system > On the Kodi Home Screen click on System > Then click on File Manager > Double click Add Source.
- A box will appear in front of your screen where you need to click on ‘None’ and type the URL https://www.purevpn.com/Kodi-repo/ > Click Done > Type the name of the media source i.e. ‘Kodi-Repo’ > Click Done > Click OK.
- When the box disappears, go back to Kodi Home Screen > Click on System > Go to Settings > Then Add-ons > Install from Zip File.
- Now click on ‘Kodi-Repo’ > service.purevpn.monitor-1.2.5.zip > Now wait for the repository to install.
- Now to setup Pure VPN add-on, for that you need to go back again to Kodi Home Screen > Click on Programs > Click on PureVPN Monitor Open VPN.
- From there you need to click on Add-on Settings > A box appears that will ask for your PureVPN username and password.
- Select the country from where you want to connect. To know your current location and IP address, you can click on ‘Display VPN Status’.
- To select the server of your choice, you can click on the option ‘Change or Disconnect VPN Connection’.
- Once you choose the server, it will re-connect. Enjoy watching media content from around the world!
How to Install PureVPN Addon with Web Viewer – Method 2
- Launch Kodi on your system > Click on Add-ons > Then scroll down and click on Download tab.
- List of options will appear on right side of the screen, click on Program Add-ons > Now click on Web Viewer > Install > Wait for the add-on to install.
- When installation is completed, click on Kodi Home Screen > Add-ons > Program Add-ons > Web Viewer.
- Now enter this link in the URL box where you insert website URL > Click OK > A box will appear which will ask for your permission to download the zip file, click Yes to download the Zip File.
- A box will appear that will ask you where you want to save the file, so click on Home Folder > Now click on New Folder tab (located at the right-side) > Name the folder Kodi Repo > Now click on Kodi Repo Folder and click OK > It will start downloading, once completed click OK again > Now Close web viewer by clicking on close button on top-right corner.
- Now go back to Kodi Home Screen > Click on Add-ons > Package Installer ‘box-shaped icon’ > Install from Zip File option > Now click on Home Folder > Kodi Repo > service.purevpn.monitor.1.2.5.zip > Wait for the add-on to install.
- Now go back again to Kodi Home Screen > Click on Add-ons > Program Add-ons > PureVPN Monitor OpenVPN.
- Now setup PureVPN on Kodi by clicking on Add-on Settings > Adding Username and Password.
- Select a country region from where you want to connect the internet > Click OK and you’re connected.
How to Setup PureVPN Addon – Method 3 (Direct Download)
The best thing about PureVPN is that it offers a dedicated Kodi VPN add-on that is easy to install. Follow the steps mentioned below to install the PureVPN add-on.
- Download Purevpn Repository Zip file from here.
- Launch Kodi > Click on Add-ons Section.
- Now click on Box-icon> Select install from zip file.
- A dialogue box will appear> Upload the downloaded zip file> Wait few minutes for installation.
- Return to Kodi home screen > Click on Add-ons tab> Browse Program add-ons > Click on PureVPN> Click on Add-on Settings.
- Enter your PureVPN login details when a window pops up> Click OK > Select the server at the same option > Now use Kodi safely
If you are looking for a VPN add-on for Kodi on PC, DathoVPN is the only brand that offers a dedicated program add-on that actually installs and works on Kodi. To install DathoVPN on Kodi for PC, first download the DathoVPN add-on repository here and save this file to a preferred folder.
- From your Kodi Home Screen click onSYSTEM>Add-ons>Install from Zip File
- Browse to the folder you saved the DathoVPN repository zip file, select it and let it unzip
- Once the repository has been installed, click Install from Repository>Datho Add-OnRepository>Program Add-Ons >DathoVPN>Install
- Go back to your Kodi Home Screen >PROGRAMS>Program Add-Ons > DathoVPN
The first time you activate DathoVPN for Kodi you will have to configure the add-on for the following settings:
- Operating system–change to Windows
Kodi VPN Plugin
We were unable to find any more dedicated VPN plugins other than those above stated VPN addons. You are welcome to share any other Kodi VPN plugin that you are aware of or if you have your own plugin/addon with us. We would highly appreciate your feedback in this matter.
How to Setup Kodi VPN on RetroPie
Retro Pie enables you to transform your device into a streaming device. Installing Kodi VPN on Retro Pie is very much similar to the installation procedure of VPN on windows, except that its installation is broken down into two phases. Follow the steps elaborated below to install Best vpn for kodi on Retro Pie without any hassle:
- Head to Kodi Main Screen Open Add-ons > Click on Program Add-ons.
- Select VPN Manager for OpenVPN > Click Add-on Settings.
- Type in the VPN Username and Password.
- Click the Debug option.
- Enable Debug option for VPN Manager.
- Enable ‘Always use Kodi Log Directory for OpenVPN Log’.
- Return to VPN Connections Menu.
- Open First VPN Connection.
- Choose the Servers > Click Display VPN Status > in case ‘OpenVPN Executable isn’t working, check the log’ error pops up, Click proceed further.
- Now exit Kodi and open your Raspberry Pi in EmulationStation > Click F4 Key on when it loads to head to command prompt screen.
- Now type the following commands as witten below:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install openvpn
sudo apt-get install psmisc
- Return to Kodi and the system will run fine now with the VPN.
How to Download Torrents & Watch Movies Using Kodi VPN
Kodi fans will be delighted to know that downloading torrents is a thing of the past. Kodi offers streaming fans a great option to stream torrents directly to their XBMC media center. Many of the add-ons that you may be using already use torrent sources to stream media. However, you can also allow your Kodi media center to share and stream torrents at the same time.
Selected add-ons are designed to help you stream torrent directly on Kodi while they are being shared. Some of these brilliant add-ons include:
- Torrenter Version 2
- Available with MyShows Repository
- Available to download on OffshoreGit
- Yify Movies HD
- KMedia Torrent
- XBMC Torrent
- Quasar (Not Working Anymore)
- Pulsar (Not Working Anymore)
Do remember that while you are streaming media through torrents always use a VPN. Kodi administrators officially discourage & denounce piracy hence a penalty or MPAA notice may greet you one morning. Consider your online privacy sacred,always have a VPN activated before downloading torrents & watching movies on Kodi.
It is suggested to use a Kodi VPN when accessing torrent sources on Kodi media player. There is a very thin chance that you will get a DMCA or MPAA notice when streaming torrents on Kodi. Copyright infringement usually targets users who download and share media through torrents.
When streaming torrents on Kodi you are basically streaming the file as it is downloaded, sharing is not involved unless in the case of certain Kodi torrent add-ons. If you want downloading & sharing torrents though consider using a VPN with Kodi.
How to Stream Geo-Blocked Add-Ons Using KODI VPN
Unblocking geo-restricted content on Kodi is exactly like bypassing restrictions on your web browser. The only difference is that you will use Kodi instead of your browser. As we showed you in the beginning of the article how the BBC iPlayer Add-On failed to play displaying the routine geo-restriction message.
Since BBC iPlayer is a UK based network a Kodi VPN with a United Kingdom server will unblock the iPlayer streaming service instantly. The service changes your IP address and location to that of its UK server hence allowing you to securely stream videos & music from the United Kingdom.
It is recommended to use either PPTP tunneling protocol or IKEv2 to unblock channels on Kodi.
Here is how to unblock & watch geo-restricted channels on Kodi (same for all versions):
- Subscribe to a XBMC VPN service
- Download the VPN app for your device or Configure manually (recommended)
- Connect the VPN to a required VPN server (I connected to a UK VPN Server)
- Ensure you are connected through PPTP or IKEv2 protocols
- Launch Kodi
- Go to Videos or Music (I have used NBCSN in the example)
- You should now be able to stream your favorite geo-restricted channel
*Remember that a VPN with Kodi will slow down you internet speed. Usually up to 45% bandwidth is lost while streaming with VPN, there is a major dependency on which Kodi VPN provider you are using.
Let’s put this guide to the test with US based channel NBCSN (NBC Sports Network). I already have a VPN service, IVACY VPN, particularly because they offer a dedicated Add-On for Kodi OpenElec, speeds depends on the time and server you connect with.
First I tried NBCSN without a Kodi VPN service. The channel refused to let me stream any of the categories including highlights.
I have configured IVACY VPN manually on windows and connected to a US New York server using PPTP tunnel protocol.
But, as soon as the XBMC VPN was up and running NBCSN unblocked and all categories were playing including the Live Golf Channel.
Best Openvpn Kodi Providers for 2018
- KeepSolid VPN Unlimited
- Astrill VPN
VPN for Kodi Deals 2018 Review:
- Trust Zone
Based in Seychelles, Trust Zone is free from the data retention laws. This makes it a reliable VPN in terms of privacy. Trust zone follows a very strict no-logging policy, ensuring the privacy of the user. Trust zone also has the Killswitch feature which is always a necessary thing to protect the user privacy while using in-stable internet connections.
Trust Zone has a very good connectivity speed all over the globe. It is one of the fastest Kodi VPN amongst its competitors. Trust zone has a very reasonable 1-year subscription package i.e. $3.33 per month. This makes it an optimal choice for the users who wish to use VPN on Kodi. Also, now you can avail their winter 53% Discount Offer.
- VPN Unlimited
VPN unlimited has been rated as one of the best VPN service providers in the world for torrent usage. Having 5 dedicated servers for torrent using. VPNs are usually criticized for their connection speed, however VPN unlimited has a good connection speed as compared to other VPN services. Having 1200 servers in 70 countries is the reason VPN unlimited has great connectivity.
If you’re choosing a VPN for Kodi usage, then VPN unlimited is one of the best options for you due to its inexpensive subscription charges. VPN Unlimited is offering their lifetime package for $149.99 on their website.
Having a decent set of features, VPN unlimited has been highly praised by users who use VPN on Kodi. It has a very simple interface and is very easy to use. Having its own browser extension enhances the user’s experience.
- World VPN
World VPN has a very tricky package plan. They are offering their unlimited plan at $4.95 per month. World VPN has a very good support service and the user can contact support through live chat and tickets. Concerns have been raise over World VPN that it logs bandwidth data and it doesn’t have its own DNS servers, making privacy vulnerable.
You can have up to 10 connections at the same time depending on your package. So if you are using World VPN on Kodi then having the package with most connections is within your reach. World VPN has a very simple user interface and easy configuration method.
Top Free Kodi VPN To Stream Videos
To stream Kodi media library with a free Kodi VPN, there is a list of 3 VPN providers that can get you stream anything. After a considerable review, these VPN providers are listed below:
- ZPN (Stay Away, Based in UAE)
There aren’t many free Kodi VPN services available for free that will let you stream with full speed and without buffering. Since these free providers are limited by infrastructure and human resources there isn’t much they can do for you if you are based far from its servers. For instance, not all VPN services work the same for me in my region, sometimes I have to use a premium service for an HD video to stream properly.
Recently, I experimented with 4 free VPN for Kodi, trying to get videos to playback without buffering a lot. These are some services that can give a tough time to a premium Kodi VPN provider. Here are the ones I tested with my Kodi Krypton:
Windscribe is a VPN service having a desktop application and extension for browsers, which enables users in blocking ads, accessing geo-restricted add-ons and ensuring online privacy and protection for Kodi streamers.There is no doubt that Windscribe is one of the reliable free Kodi VPN service offering usage of 10 GB bandwidth per month for free. It is something that differentiates it from other service providers and provides it a competitive edge.
Following are some features offered by Windscribe:
- Windscribe has servers located in over 100 cities.
- It does not keep any permanent logs.
- Unblock Netflix US with Windscribe.
- It uses AES-256 Cipher encryption with SHA512 authentication and a 4096-bit RSA key.
- You can connect Windscribe via UDP, TCP, or Stealth.
- Desktop Application Features include:
- Its Firewall blocks all the activity taking place outside the tunnel to prevent leakage.
- Secure Wi-Fi routing option.
- It offers Proxy server creation for other devices.
Browser Extension Features include:
- Automatic selection of the optimal location.
- Changes time according to the specified zone.
- Volatile Cookie handling.
- Keeps changing the user agent to ensure privacy.
- Provides secure links.
How to Install Windscribe for Android Kodi
Windscribe can be used on Android Kodi, but for that, you will have to download Windscribe Android Application via Play Store.
Download the app and install for using Kodi on Android safely.
Windscribe for Linux Kodi
Users of Linux Kodi can also use Windscribe for Linux Kodi by installing it through URL. Another way of installing Windscribe for Kodi is by installing Linux CLI Application. Windscribe claims to be “the most comprehensive privacy solution around”; looking at the features it offers, we can totally agree to this claim.
- Available for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
- Chrome & Firefox extensions available.
- Good video streaming results.
- Automatic server selection, Switzerland server only.
- 1 simultaneous login.
- Unlimited bandwidth, data& server switching.
- US Based Service.
After being hooked to a premium VPN for over 5 years, the results with the free providers were truly appalling. I could have streamed better video with a mule tied to a carriage. Betternet turned out good when peak usage time was over, but videos tend to buffer every 2 or so minutes. I had only one server to test Kodi with and that was a Switzerland server.
- Available over Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, Linux, Routers & Chromebook.
- Unlimited server switching.
- 2GB+ Data.
- 3 servers to choose from.
- 1 Simultaneous login.
- Low tier bandwidth during peak times.
- It will make your IP anonymous which becomes impossible for ISPs to trace.
- Encrypts your connection with the strongest AES-256 encryption.
- Supports all devices including mobile phones and tablets.
- Available for Windows and Linux.
- Contains Zero Log.
- Protects your online privacy by connecting Kodi to Public Wi-Fi.
- Unblock restricted websites such as Hulu, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and others.
- Access Geo-restricted add-ons.
- Get yourself protected when using third-party add-ons.
- Buy products that are cheaper in different countries using GooseVPN.
- Accessible to all devices at the same time.
- ZPN (Stay away, Based in UAE)
- Available for Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, Linux.
- 6 servers to connect with.
- OpenVPN & L2TP tunneling protocols.
- 10 GB monthly limited data.
- 1 simultaneous login.
- Ras Al Khaymah (UAE) based company.
ZPN was actually working fine until I played a 1080p HD video and then all went to the south. Constant buffering and sometimes Krypton wouldn’t even load the playlist to choose sources from.
Kodi VPN Setup 2018 Guides
Setting up Kodi VPN on different platforms can be difficult and you might require some help. Therefore, we have provided a detailed guide for every platform. Look through the guides and you will understand better:
- How to Setup Kodi VPN Manager in Easy Steps
- Kodi LibreELEC VPN Settings
- How to VPN Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick in 7 Steps
- Kodi VPN Setup on Windows OS
- How to Setup Kodi VPN through Routers
- Kodi VPN Settings on Tomato Routers
- How to Install/Setup Purevpn Addon – Method 1
- How to Install/Setup PureVPN Addon with Web Viewer – Method 2
- How to Setup PureVPN Addon – Method 3 (Direct Download)
- How to Setup Kodi VPN on Retropie
- How to Setup/Install Kodi VPN on Mac, iOS, iPad, and Apple Devices
- How to Install Cloud VPN on Kodi
- Kodi Raspberry Pi VPN
- Kodi VPN Install Guides
- VPN for Kodi Smart TV
Kodi VPN Setup on Windows OS
Using a VPN not only helps you protect your privacy but they also protect you in bypassing sites having geo-restrictions. You can setup Kodi VPN in just three simple steps.
You should start by downloading a VPN on your system. After downloading it, install the application and active it. After that, follow these steps (In these steps, we have demonstrated using PureVPN).
- Open Pure VPN app > Click on Settings > Click “Basic” > type your login credentials.
- Now open Dashboard from the left-hand column > Click Select Location.
- Select the Server from your desired region > Click Connect.
After successful connection, you can browse your favorite content without any sort of restriction. Now open Kodi and install the add-ons you want for streaming, nothing can restrict you from bypassing geo-restricted sites. Stream your favorite movies and TV shows or sports events in High definition quality.
Kodi VPN Settings on Tomato Routers
Follow these steps to learn how to setup Kodi VPN on Tomato routers using PPTP protocol.
- Open Tomato router control panel > login.
- Go to Basic > Click Network.
- Click the drop down menu and choose Connection Type.
- Type in the login credentials of your VPN account.
- Make sure to check mark Use DCHP and Use Default Gateway on Remote Network.
- Type the server address desired to connect to PPTP Gateway.
- Choose Keep Alive option for Connection Mode.
- Set MTU to default > Set LAN or Wireless Settings to default.
- Do not modify Subnet Mask or Options field.
- Click Save, it is done.
Now Your VPN connection is activated and working.
Kodi LibreELEC VPN Settings
For using Kodi on RaspberryPi, LibreELEC is required. Following are the steps for installing Kodi LibreELEC VPN:
- Download LibreELEC Windows app for the device you are using.
- Open LibreELEC app.
- A window will appear having 4 steps.
- Following step 1, choose the correct Raspberry Pi model and then in Step 2, click Download.
- In Step 3, choose SD card or a USB Drive.
- Now following Step 4, Click Write.
- After that insert the SD card in your Raspberry Pi > Install LibreELEC > Install Kodi.
- After installing Kodi, follow VPN Manager for OpenVPN method explained above thoroughly.
VPN for Kodi Smart TV
Using Kodi on Smart TV without VPN is something risky. See our detailed guide on how to install kodi smart tv. You can either use vpn for kodi smart tv by adding vpn manager, via routers or configuring vpn addons.
How to Install Cloud VPN on Kodi
Update: This VPN is no longer available on Kodi because of shutting down of Kobra repository. However, it is available on Android devices/boxes through Play Store. If you have installed Cloud VPN on your Android boxes, then your privacy is very well covered for Kodi as well. Cloud VPN will be technically embedded onto your Kodi, and as a result you are able to stream content that are available outside your country.
In this guide, we tell you how to install Cloud VPN on Kodi, so read on!
- Download the Kobra repository directly on to your system by clicking Here.
- Now Open Kodi > Click on Add-ons > Package Installer icon > Install from Zip File > Navigate the downloaded zip file > Wait for the repository to install.
- Now go to Install from Repository > Kobra Repository > Program Add-ons > Kobra Installer > It will take a few minutes to install the repository depending upon your internet connection.
- Go back to Kodi Main Menu > Add-ons > Program Add-ons > Cloud VPN.
Free VPN for Kodi Windows
To stream media content on Kodi with a free VPN for Kodi Windows, there are 3 VPN providers that we have suggested after a considerable review. These include:
- Tunnel Bear
- Security Kiss
VPN services are a modern day necessity where no one wants to miss out on the trending media content on the internet just because you could not access the content available in another country. Since VPN services have dominated internet in all available forms i.e. mobile applications, browser extension, or desktop software, life has become relatively easier.
We have listed some of the VPN service providers that are free for Kodi Windows and we have got it all tested, so check it out:
- Offers both Free Plan (Browser extension) and Premium Plan
- Easy-to-install Chrome extension lets security made simple
- Automatically connects you with your favorite sites using Smart Locations
- More than 5 servers to choose from
- Prevent 3rd parties to track you identity and location
- Gets you free access to the open internet with a simple setup process for Windows
- The free plan includes 4 virtual locations
- Encrypt all traffic from sniffers
- Start using Browsec with 1 click without needing any registration
- No hidden fees
- Free VPN for non-commercial use
- Protects privacy, security, and personal information
- Complete internet freedom
- Browse videos faster than other VPN providers
- Change your GPS location to anywhere in the world
- Blocks annoying ads, malware, and tracking
- 122 Million users and growing
Hide My Ass has been highly praised round the globe by all the binge watchers because of the features it offers and the connection stability it has. Using Free VPN for Kodi is surely a great experience for all streaming geeks. Apart from this, Hide My ass has the following features to offer:
- Connectivity up to 5 devices.
- Cross Platform; Runs on multiple devices.
- Unlimited Uploads and Downloads.
- It has more than 760 servers in more than 190 countries around the globe.
- User-friendly interface and quick connectivity.
- SpyOff VPN
Spy Off has been highly renowned because they keep up with the claims they make. When it comes to complete protection, SpyOff has maintained a good name for their self. These features make SpyOff one of the standout VPN:
- It provides dedicated clients for Windows, Mac, and Android Kodi OS.
- It has around 400 serves in 21 countries across the globe.
- Fast connectivity and secure encryption protocol.
- No DNS, WebRTC, or IPv6 leaks and can be used to route through Wi-Fi.
- Provides access to Kodi geo restriced channels, BBC iPlayer and allows unlimited connections.
- Tunnel Bear
- It encrypts your data with AES 256-bit encryption.
- Quick server coactivity and fast browsing speed.
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS and Android.
- User-friendly interface.
- It has around 900 servers in 20 countries.
- It has “No Logs” policy.
- Ad-blocking feature is available with it.
- Security Kiss
- Free to download and use.
- Easy to use interface.
- No Advertisement pop-ups.
- 1024-bit security protocol.
- Works great on every Windows version.
- Around 104 servers in countries like United Kingdom, the United States, Germany, Canada, Switzerland, Poland, the Netherlands, and Sweden.
- Free service for servers of three countries.
- Strict No Logs policy is followed by ProtonVPN.
- 256-bit Military grade encryption.
- Friendly money back guarantee and refund policy.
- Accessible on multiple platforms like Android, MAC, Windows.
- It has almost 110+ servers in 14 countries worldwide.
- It has a special Channel bonding feature to enhance its speed.
- It offers users 1GB data usage per month in its free plan.
- Equipped with secure 256-bit encryption.
- It has a special Redundant Mode feature that makes sure your data is passed to all connections securely.
- Amazingly, it has more than 1000+ servers in more than 40 countries.
- Free VPN for all platforms (Windows, MAC and Android).
- 256-bit Bank-grade encryption with 7 different types of security tunnels.
- It has more than 1500 servers worldwide.
- Unlimited devices are supported.
- Dedicated mobile application.
Kodi Raspberry Pi VPN
Raspberry Pi is a small board size computer actually developed for teaching programming. However, 21st Century is all about modifications and it doesn’t matter what thing it is, users will always crack in everything. Especially the streaming geeks, they find out cracking solutions for whatever they like.
Our personal recommendation for Kodi users is to use Raspberry Pi for Kodi streaming. For setting-up Kodi on Raspberry Pi, follow our guide. Nevertheless, using Kodi VPN is recommended because it secures your privacy while using third-party add-ons.
Express VPN also offers a complete line of VPN apps to use with Kodi. Apps are available for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, routers in addition to illustrated guides available to help installation on all other devices.
ExpressVPN is also renowned for its superb high speed servers in USA, UK, Netherlands and Canada. But, do keep in mind ExpressVPN offers only four tunneling protocols including OpenVPN, L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP protocols. You can only use OpenVPN with iOS and Android mobile apps.
- CELO VPN
While using a VPN, customer service quality matters a lot. Many users are new to it and require information while the frequent one requires solutions for occurring problems.
The best thing about Celo.net is that its Knowledgebase and its customer support are great. Users have highly appreciated its customer support and that’s why we recommend it to the users who are looking for good Kodi VPN.
Similar to other top ranked VPNs, Celo.net does not keep any traffic logs of your browsing history. This is an important factor in terms of security and anonymity. These and many other features can be availed for a yearly package of $5.50 per month.
- F-Secure Freedome
F-Secure Freedome can be explained in two words; Simple and Secure. As for the simplicity aspect, it has an easy setup and a very good user interface. Whereas for its security, it provides protection from malware and phishing protection, IP anonymity and all other features a good VPN offers.
F-Secure has been in the anti-virus domain as well, that’s why they know what security really is. It has up to seven connections availability and servers across 20 countries. F-secure Freedome is offering subscription for a year at the lowest price of $49.99.
How to Setup Kodi VPN Manager in Easy Steps
As countries begin cracking down on Kodi plugin, devices and servers that host its content, the need for an add-on to manage VPN within Kodi is becoming imminent. A dedicated Kodi VPN manager add-on is currently available for:
- OpenElec (v5 onwards)
- LibreElec (v7 onwards)
- Linux (OSMC, Raspbian etc.)
- Windows 7 & above
This is great news for Kodi users in the UK who have had a very bad time after fully loaded Kodi boxes and servers that host football streams for Kodi channels were banned by copyright owners. Now fans can easily configure &connect their favorite VPN service through the dedicated Kodi VPN Manager, available from the Zomboided Repository.
To install Kodi VPN Manager, follow these simple steps for Kodi Krypton
- Download the Zomboided Zip File (link above)
- From your Home Screen click Add-ons >then click the icon on the top left of the menu
- Click Install from Zip File >Select the Zomboided Repository Zip File, let the repo install
- Next, click Install from Repository>Zomboided Add-on Repository >Services>VPN Manager for OpenVPN, wait for add-on to complete installation
- To use VPN Manager, click Add-ons > Program Add-ons>VPN Manager for OpenVPN
Do remember here that the Kodi VPN Manager only works with the OpenVPN protocol and SmartDNS services, so be sure your VPN provider offers either the OpenVPN tunneling protocol or SmartDNS. VPN Manager for OpenVPN is already built to configure a large selection of VPN providers including ExpressVPN, PIA VPN, IPVanish, PureVPN, NordVPN, and TORGuard to name a few.
Kodi VPN Errors/Not Working/Issues
OpenVPN Executable is not Working on Kodi
This error occurs if you run the VPN service and VPN related add-ons simultaneously. Once you have configured VPN settings in Kodi already and started the VPN service then you do not need any additional add-ons.
Uninstall all other VPN related add-ons and try using the VPN, the issue will be resolved.
VPN Manager for OpenVPN is Not Currently Supported on this Hardware Platform
If this error is recurring that means that you are trying to use it on android device and it will not run, so stop trying.
Try it on a Windows device or Fire Stick device. This error only occurs while using the VPN on android devices.
VPN for OpenELEC Error
Check the Log for More Information
Kodi users may keep getting VPN for OpenELEC error when they try to setup Private Internet Access. The error also suggest users to check the log for more information.
To fix this error, you need to follow the guide that we have mentioned above in the section called ‘How to setup Kod VPN Manager in easy steps’
Size Check Failed Error
You receive ‘Service Check Failed Error’ when you try to update ION system with the new OpenELEC 7 jarvis beta.
Resizing the partitions will resolve the problem. This could be easily done with the help of Tuxboot that will create a bootable USB stick. The partitions would be laid out as SDA1, and SDA2.
How to VPN Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick in 7 Steps
The Amazon Fire TV Stick is famed for its ease of use and small size amongst Amazon users. It has been one of the best ways to stream latest TV shows and movies through the Amazon Instant service, and now allows easy installation of Kodi. But once installed there are several geo-restriction issues surrounding the Kodi Fire TV app.
This calls for a Kodi VPN on the Amazon Fire TV stick. The real issue is that the Amazon app store does not offer the app and requires installing through the Google Play Store. There are several techniques you can use to make your Amazon Fire TV stick Google Play Store compatible, we will go with the Apps2Fire technique.
Using the Side-loading technique Apps2Fire installs any Google Play app directly to the Amazon Fire TV Stick. Apps2Fire is an ADB (Android Debug Bridge) interface that works through your Android smartphone or tablet.The technique requires no root or mods to the Fire TV device itself. Follow the steps below to use VPN on Kodi in the Amazon Fire TV Stick:
- Activate ADB Debugging ; Installation from Unknown Sources
- From your Home Screen go to Settings >System > Developer Options
- Click On Installation of Apps from Unknown Sources, and ADB Debugging
- Go to Settings > System >About > Networkand write down your Fire TV Stick’s IP Address
- Download OpenVPN app APK file on your Android phone
- Go to the Apps2Fire app and click OpenVPN
- The app will begin installing on the FireTV Stick automatically
VPN for Kodi Fire Stick
After successfully reviewing the best VPN for Kodi Fire Stick, we provide a list of 3 VPN providers that are suitable and appropriate for Kodi Fire Stick and delivers the best performance. The list includes:
- Cyberghost VPN
An important feature that strike as worthy of using a VON service is it download speed. IPVanish is amongst those VPN providers that provides the best download speed and this is why it is the best VPN for Kodi Fire Stick.
Like any VPN IPVanish does not collect traffic logs nor does it store personal information or browsing history. However, these great features and more comes at a price. It costs $6.49 a month when subscribed for a year, but a good match for Kodi Fire Stick.
How to Install IPVanish on Kodi
There are different ways of installing IPVanish depending on the device. It can be installed directly on Kodi by using Zomboided repository. We have already discussed the repository above whereas the procedure for installing IPVanish on Kodi on a Windows is as follows:
- From our Kodi VPN table, you have to Sign up to IPVanish.
- Download IPVanish application for Windows.
- Restart your computer and re-launch the application.
- Sign-in to your account using IPVanish credentials.
- Now you can safely open Kodi and use whichever add-on you want to use.
When using Kodi Fire Stick, users fail to comprehend and differentiate between legal and illegal content. VyprVPN is the safest and highly secured VPN provider that completely hides your IP without any traceable elements.
PrivateVPN is a stable, yet affordable VPN service provider that surely stands with the very best VPN for Kodi Fire Stick. Although it covers 29 countries with its 40 servers which is a bit low for its standard, but it delivers good performance with its AES-256 bit encryption keys.
Access to any media content on Kodi Fire Stick without getting your data compromised. It has a user-friendly interface which seems a positive for beginners.
CyberGhost VPN Kodi
The six dominating features offered by CyberGhost VPN for kodi is its anonymous surfing, anonymous torrenting, protection of your Wi-Fi connection, access any website, access streaming websites, and choose any VPN server from anywhere in the world.
CyberGhost VPN blends perfectly with Kodi Fire Stick with its easy-to-install option to any device. Its reach to 10 million people across the globe proves its claim as a popular VPN amongst Kodi Fire Stick users. Alongside its free plan, it also offers a Premium Plan which costs $5.83/month.
Free VPN for Kodi Fire Stick
To make a concise list of free VPN for Kodi Fire Stick, we reviewed the features of VPN providers that makes it their unique selling proposition. The list of 3 VPN providers include:
- VPN Gate
- Traceless VPN
- Surf Easy
- Ultrasurf VPN
The free starter plan offered by Tunnelbear will let you have a taste of its service and gets you instantly connected to Kodi Fire Stick. However, since the VPN provider is based in Canada, you will face an average internet speed.
- VPN Gate
VPN Gate is a volunteer-run service provider which is not only free but is also an open source multi-protocol software. Despite these amazing features, it is painfully slow and keeps log connection.
It will be a risky business to connect VPN Gate to Kodi Fire Stick if you’re using illegal content, but no worries for users viewing legal content.
- Traceless VPN
Traceless VPN happens to attract a lot of users for its free package alongside its monthly subscription. The free plan of Traceless VPN allows you to access 5GB of data per month and gets you connected with only 2 servers which seems a pretty good option.
It is a free VPN for Kodi Fire Stick as you can access the software with free VPN package and view Kodi media library. However, the paid plan would further enhance security.
Designed and developed by Opera, SurfEasy is an excellent privacy protection tool to have in your stick or device. In addition, the amount of servers that this VPN offers is indeed a competitive advantage it has over the other VPN services.
Following are some major features offered by SurfEasy VPN by Opera:
- Dedicated clients for Fire Stick and other platforms.
- Offering 1000+ servers from 28 countries across the world.
- Ad-blocker feature helps keeping the annoying advertisements away.
- Advanced Torrent protection.
- Wi-Fi protection feature helps you secure your wireless network and surf easily.
When was the last time you saw a VPN service that is a free vpn for kodi and does not require subscription but provides you quality protection. Try UltraSurf VPN and enjoy these features:
- Free service and No Installation Required
- Automatically selects server
- High-speed connectivity and No DNS or IP leaks.
Free VPN for Kodi Android
Kodi android took the streaming experience to a new level for streaming geeks. Kodi android is similar to Kodi on PC and other platforms. However, using Kodi without VPN is a risky business and that is why we have rounded up some of the best free VPN for Kodi android.
OpenVPN Connect is a free VPN for android that provides complete security and anonymity to users. It is an open source VPN that has a lot of amazing features, therefore it is a recommended service to use in Kodi.
We recommend this VPN for Kodi android because it will protect your privacy and secure your online data from virtual threats.
Some of the unique features includes:
- No rooting required
- .OVPN profiles can be imported from External sources and are download-able.
- Enhanced power management –
- Multi-protocol authentication support
- Complete IPv6 support
Opera Free VPN
The word Opera ring some bells, recalling us the Opera Browser. Opera Free VPN is not a browser but it is a quick and reliable VPN, especially for Kodi android users.
It has some of the best features like:
- Ad blocker,
- Five server locations
- Wi-Fi network security levels indicator
SpeedVPN; the name says it all. It is really a fast VPN in terms of connectivity and functionality. Whereas, in terms of its protection; it is very reliable and secure. Kodi android users can use this free VPN and stream whatever they want without slowing down their devices due to the VPN.
Speed VPN has some of these features:
- One-click connectivity
- Access to geo-restricted sites
- Multiple servers in France, Canada and United States
- Quick networking and browsing
- Unlimited connectivity
- No settings or sign-ups
- No system root required
Smart Phones and smart devices are now more prone to fall prey to privacy reaches and online hackings. However, at the same time, these devices provide the best streaming experience, especially when you are using Kodi on your Android device. That is why you need to have a free VPN for Kodi to protect your privacy.
Protect your kodi streams when you are on the go! Try Hideman VPN that is offering these amazing featues:
- Multiple Device logins up to 4 kodi devices.
- Easy to download and install.
- Free access for new users up to 7 hours.
- Streaming Servers available from 20 countries.
- Perfect VPN
Despite Perfect VPN not being credited as one of the top free vpn for kodi firestick around the globe, yet this free vpn for kodi has earned the respect of its users. Perfect VPN has kept user-end concerns in consideration in terms of privacy, security and budget.
Some important features of Perfect VPN are:
- Good quality connections and functionality.
- Separate shared and Dedicated plans according to user preferences.
- Bandwidth up to 30GB.
- Free Trial account available.
- Unlocks Hulu and BBC iPlayer.
- 24×7 Customer support.
How to Setup Kodi VPN through Routers
If you are looking to secure your entire network traffic, then it’s best to setup a VPN on router. Here we are going to show you how to setup Kodi VPN through routers. For our demonstration, we will use Tomato routers and setup PPTP protocol, as it is excellent for streaming.
- Login to your Tomato router control panel
- From the left panel, go to ‘Basic’ and then ‘Network’
- Select the connection ‘Type’ from the dropdown menu
- Enter the username and password provided by your VPN service
- Make sure that you have checks on ‘Use DCHP’ and ‘Use Default Gateway on Remote Network’
- Under PPTP Gateway, enter the server address to which you want to connect
- Leave the ‘Subnet Mask’ and ‘Options’ field alone, unless instructed by your VPN provider
- For ‘Connection Mode’ select ‘Keep Alive’ from the dropdown menu
- Check if MTU is set to default
- Also make sure your LAN or Wireless Settings are set to default
- Now scroll down to the page and hit ‘Save’ and that’s it, you’re done
- You can check the connection status by going to Status > Logs > Last 25 lines
How to Setup/Install Kodi VPN on Mac, iOS, iPad, and Apple Devices
We have outlined a simple tutorial that will allow you to setup Kodi VPN on mac and ios in 3 easy steps using PureVPN. These steps are listed below:
Launch the app > Type ID and Password > Tap on Choose Location and Connect to a location of your choice.
Open Kodi and start using it normally.
Kodi VPN in UK
There are restrictions been imposed on fully-loaded Kodi boxes and add-ons that has prevented many Kodi users in UK to back-out from Kodi. It has led to a world-wide confusion regarding which Kodi add-ons to use and which to not.
However, you can still use add-ons with a Kodi VPN in UK and surpass british government restrictions imposed on add-ons. VPN lets you secure your Kodi activity so that you may enjoy add-ons to its full potential in British empire.
From the following VPN, connect to any server located in Sweden, Hong Kong, India, or to any European country from UK and then access Kodi:
- Cactus VPN
How to Bypass UK Electronics security Check on Kodi illegal Boxes Using Kodi VPN
Kodi TV Boxes that have pre-installed Kodi third-party addons have failed Electrical Safety First check, therefore it could carry potentially fatal risks. The UK authorities conducted Electrical Safety First check on nine of the Kodi illegal streaming boxes and found 100% of these boxes failing the tests. The test results further indicated that these boxes could cause serious injuries amongst which include electric shock or catching fire.
If you’ve bought the Kodi box then you might be concerned about the legal consequences you might face. Especially the UK residents, because of the strict electronics security check on Kodi illegal boxes.
One of the most reliable option for bypassing the security check is to use a Kodi VPN service. It’ll protect you by:
- Keeping you anonymous, so that no one could trace you.
- Providing geo-restricted access.
- Protecting you from authorities and hackers spying on you.
Being cautious is better than facing the charges. Be smart, opt for a reliable VPN service before the authorities come knocking at your door.
Kodi VPN Install Guides
Once you have Kodi installed on your device, the next step is to setup a VPN service. For beginners, that could be a taxing task. However, with numerous setup guides available for various operating systems, you can glide through the configuration process with ease. You can refer to our Setup Guide section to find detailed articles on how to setup Kodi in multiple platforms.
Furthermore, the official Kodi Forum contains different threads on VPN setup. You can find guides pertaining to VPN configuration on routers, Windows, Android, and other operating in this form. For instance, you will find numerous setup guides on Raspberry Pi. When you explore the Kodi Forum, you will also come across threads for resolving VPN related issues. Some users are looking for ways to launch the service automatically when different add-ons start.
On the other hand, you can refer to Kodi VPN install guides on other tech websites. How-To Geek is a popular website that writes about numerous topics. You can check out their Kodi VPN installation guide for Amazon Fire TV.
Kodi VPN Supported Android Boxes
All Android devices including USB pocket PC’s, Android Streaming boxes and mobile devices allow installing Kodi and VPN for Kodi on it. Since all Android devices use the same Google Play Store to install apps you can install Kodi VPN apps on them. Since Android boxes use the same operating systems as smartphones & tablets you can also manually setup VPN on these devices.
As a personal recommendation if you wish to watch media using Kodi, an Android TV box is the ideal device compared to a smartphone, tablet or Android TV stick. This is majorly due to the Ethernet cable option available in these devices. The cable connection allows for faster connectivity compared to wireless devices, even allowing streams to be played in 4K Ultra quality where available.
Kodi VPN PIA (Private Internet Access) Features
Private Internet Access is a USA based VPN provider offering its services for well over a decade now. Although the provider does not offer any dedicated services for Kodi, it is one of the ideal services to use with geo-restricted Kodi add-ons on PC, Amazon Fire devices, Android devices and smartphones.
PIA VPN offers some great features including:
- OpenVPN & PPTP protocols for HDKodi video
- Servers across 24 countries including USA, Canada, UK and EU
- Apps for Windows, iOS, Mac and Android devices
- Multi user support for up to 5 devices on one account
There are some connectivity issues reported by PIA users on the official forum, plus the Android app has poor performance reviews so do consider that before signing up to PIA.
Visit androidbox.nl for a proper breakdown of the latest Android TV boxes for Kodi and which models work best for Kodi with VPN.
Kodi VPN Reddit Reviews
Going through more than 50 sub-reddits on the fame social forum, I was amazed to see a major bias on Reddit.
Most Reddit members either pointed towards or claimed PIA was the best service to use with Kodi for some reason.So I dwelled deep to find out and I noticed that PIA neither is the fastest nor the best VPN service for Kodi. PIA is US based so connectivity will be a problem if you are using the service from Europe or Asia. Features include:
If you ask me I will claim ExpressVPN as the best Kodi VPN to use with since I have had a brilliant streaming experience with the provider unblocking & watching Kodi, BBC iPlayer, HBO Now, Netflix and NowTV UK. Express VPN offers brilliant features including:
TORGuard VPN has also gotten good mentions from Kodi users’ on Reddit with one user mentioning converting from PIA to TORGuard and it turned out to be good for him.
To be honest with my reader it is very important to understand that no VPN service is good for Kodi. There is no provider that will work the same for any two people, since there are multiple factors involved in delivering data over a VPN service. Since you can’t influence all these factors it is best to test out a few different services before settling with one particular option. Here are the leading VPN services trending on Kodi forums on Reddit:
It is obvious that a VPN service is needed when you are using an add-on that is providing you pirated content but we wonder why people are against VPNs. Look at some of the prominent remarks made by Reddit users:
The most important thing when streaming online is the security and protection of your online privacy. Many users tend to opt for third-party add-ons knowing that they provide pirated streams and this is what puts them at legal risk.
Best Kodi VPN for Exodus Addon
Exodus is not a geo-restricted Kodi add-on and the only time you will ever require an Exodus vpn is if you are on an ISP like Comcast. Comcast complies with all US copyright infringement laws is also quite cozy with some leading MPAA members. If you do ever use Exodus vpn you will notice that it works much better off without a VPN service.
A better option to use with Exodus if you require privacy would be a SmartDNS other than your ISP’s or proxy server without encryption.
Kodi Proxy vs Kodi VPN
A Kodi proxy can only secure your web browsing and torrent client, whereas a Kodi VPN service hides your IP address, provides access to geo-restricted sites, and protects from DNS leaks. In simple words, a VPN service provides virtual security and anonymity, while a proxy only provides unblocking of geo-restricted content, but it doesn’t offer online security.
When using Kodi, a VPN protects the virtual privacy and hides the location of Kodi users. It provides users with complete anonymity and access to geo-restricted streaming channels. However, a Kodi proxy is not that beneficial and the reason being that it does not provide security. But it only enable users to access certain content.
While using a third-party Kodi add-on, users are always at risk because these add-ons are illegal and are unofficial. Kodi VPN protects users from being spied or being tracked by the authorities. This is what a proxy cannot provide a user.
In a Nutshell
Hope you found our blog helpful in understanding Best Kodi VPN services better. Have a go and unblock your favorite channels with the best VPN providers for Kodi. In case you are having issues using VPN on Kodi do let us know in the comments section below and we will try to sort it out for you.
If you would like to see something added to our Best Kodi VPN page simply leave your recommendations in the section below. Do let us know which Kodi add-ons are your favorite and which ones annoy you the most.Let’s get this Kodi roller coaster moving!
Share this page if you liked it and do visit again for more Kodi guides, tips, hacks & news.