Follow this guide to learn more about the 5 Best VPN For Firestick that will allow you to bypass the geo-restrictions and maintain anonymity at the same time.
Before Amazon entered the plug and play online streaming industry, two devices were the major players in the game; Chromecast and Roku. Seeking the opportunity, Amazon entered the competition with the mighty FireStick and FireTV devices.
Amazon Fire Stick changed the meaning of online streaming by introducing new standards and features. Introducing a single plug-in device, that could turn your boring TV to a Streaming galaxy. Amazon FireStick is loaded with numerous great apps and channels like Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, HBO etc.
Plus you can easily modify it and download different apps from the Amazon app store and customize it according to your needs.
Moreover, one barrier that every online streamer faces is of geo-restrictions and to remove that, users can easily download Amazon FireStick VPN from the app store. They are fee to download and easy to install, allowing users to enjoy seamless streaming.
List of the 5 best VPN for FireStick
Here are the five best and fastest VPN for FireStick to choose from:
Special Offer: 73% Off
Special Offer: 83% Off
In-depth Analysis of the Best VPN for FireStick
FireStick VPN will not only protect your privacy but also allow you to bypass the geo–restrictions.
Many of the channels and apps over Amazon Fire TV and FireStick are geo-restricted and cannot be accessed outside US. If you are not looking forward to pay for anything, then you can opt for a free VPN for FireStick.
PureVPN is my top recommendation for FireStick, not just because of its features and quality but also because of its price that is US$2.91/month, which is the cheapest offer so far.
Following are some of the key features of PureVPN:
- 2000+ servers in 140+ countries
- Kill Switch feature integrated
- Split Tunneling and dedicated IP feature
- 5 simultaneous connections allowed
- 24/7 Live Chat support
- Browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox
- military-grade 256-Bit AES encryption
- High-speed servers and Fast Connectivity
- Strict No Logs policy
This is a very simple method for installing PureVPN and I personally recommend you to use it. These features clearly reflect that Pure VPN on FireStick is one of the best option available right now. It is also offering a 31-day money-back guarantee rather than offering 7-day money-back guarantee.
- Plug-in your FireStick device to your TV.
- Boot your device and head to the main menu.
- Go to search option and type PureVPN.
- Click Get to download the PureVPN app.
- Once the app is downloaded and installed, open it.
- Log in to your PureVPN account using your email address and password.
- Once logged in connect to the server you wish to and enjoy secure streaming with FireStick.
It might not be an old service provider in the industry but it surely has covered the coast very well. SurfShark is well reputed in the industry because of its high-quality standards.
It is famous because of its instant connectivity and 1040+ high-speed servers that allow users to stream smoothly with a low priced plan of US$1.99/month only.
SurfShark is one of the best options for Firestick because it is reasonably prices and has dedicated apps. Here is a breakdown of some of its key features:
- Unlimited device simultaneous connections
- Strict No-Logs policy
- Kill switch safety included
- A special MultiHop feature allowing users to connect to multiple countries at once to maintain complete anonymity.
- AES-256 encryption protocol
- Ad-blocker feature for avoiding interruptions
- Torrenting friendly service
- 24/7 chat customer support
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- More than 7 operating systems supported
- It has a special Whitelister feature allowing a few apps & websites to bypass the VPN.
CyberGhost is a VPN provider that is loaded with unique and top of the line features that almost every VPN user craves to have in his grasp.
However, CyberGhost has taken a step further by providing all of the above with its amazing streaming features at a reasonable price i.e. US$2.75/month only, making it an optimal VPN for FireStick users.
One of the most prominent and unique thing about CyberGhost is that it is offering the best money-back guarantee compared to others. CyberGhost offers a 45-days money-back guarantee unlike other VPN providers who offer 7-day money-back guarantee or 30 days .
CyberGhost has its network of 5800 servers spread all over the world in 88 different countries. Here is a list of few things offered by CyberGhost:
- CyberGhost is compatible with 6 different OS and multiple other platforms.
- Dedicated CyberGhost browser extension for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox
- Strict No-Logs Policy.
- Netflix and other sites unblock features available in desktop client.
- Auto Kill Switch feature available.
- Connect up-to 7 devices at the same time.
- High-speed server connectivity.
- Unlimited Bandwidth
ExpressVPN is considered a tyrant in the VPN industry because it has been in this industry for a long time now and has served millions of people.
It provides is known to serve users with the best security protocols but the complains raised by users is about its pricing which is comparatively higher than other VPN providers.
ExpressVPN has more than 3000+ servers from 160 different countries and the best part is that all of these are high-speed servers with a premium price of US$8.32/month only. Because of its servers that offer great bandwidth speed, it is an optimal choice for online streamers. Some of the best features offered by ExpressVPN are:
- Built-in speed test feature
- Supports multiple operating systems like Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, routers, and Linux
- 24/7 Chat support
- Strict No-Logs policy
- OpenVPN supported
- simultaneous connections up-to 3 devices
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Mobile apps
- Kill switch feature included and called Network Lock
It is among the few reliable best Kodi VPN 2020 services that streamers can use for binge watching without compromising on their security.
NordVPN for FireStick has more than 5112 servers to choose from 59 different countries and it is offering its subscription plan for US$3.49/month only.
- Compatibility with five different OS.
- High speed downloading and uploading speed.
- P2P Connectivity.
- Strong encryption.
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Multiple Devices Connectivity.
- 24/7 Live Chat Customer support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
And finally after taking a word right from the provider; NordVPN, I got an affirmative response from their support.
Why do you need a for Amazon FireStick and Fire TV ?
A large number of people use the applications available on Fire Stick for online streaming but one of the biggest drawbacks they face is the geo-restriction of content. These applications can only be accessed from a few regions or if they are accessible from other regions, their library does not have the same content.
To encounter this issue, using a VPN is necessary because it bypasses the geo-restrictions and enables users to access whatever they like. For example, Netflix has different content libraries for every region and the content available in your region might not be available in any other region.
Same is the case with the US Netflix library which is known to have the best content titles and many of them are not available in other regions. They have streaming rights reserved specifically for every content title in certain regions. You can easily access the US Netflix library through a VPN for FireStick and enjoy streaming services without any hassles.
Another reason why a VPN is recommended for online streamers is to ensure privacy and security from ISPs, Hackers and Government.
A VPN encrypts your traffic and routes your connection through a secure server, protecting your identity and physical location as well as your internet activity.
Does Amazon FireStick and Fire TV support Premium and Free VPN?
Amazon FireStick and Fire TV devices Support VPN.
Simply go to the Firestick app store and download the app client that you wish to install. It’s all there! The VPN is installed within a few minutes and then you can easily use it with your Firestick.
I recommend every Amazon Fire stick user to choose a VPN service that is reliable, has ample number of servers across the world, has good streaming speed, doesn’t keep any logs and provides a high quality privacy & protection.
Criteria for picking the best VPN for Fire TV Stick
There are numerous VPN providers available online but choosing the best VPN for Firestick is a decision that has to be taken smartly. Therefore, follow the below mentioned criteria for choosing the best VPN for Amazon FireStick and Fire TV devices:
1. Dedicated FireStick Application:
Dedicated application that can be installed easily on Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick without any tweaks or workarounds.
It should not fall under 5/9/14 eyes jurisdiction. VPNs falling under jurisdiction mean that the countries having the jurisdiction have the authority to extract your logs. Users using such VPN providers stay under surveillance, which obviously means that they are not safe.
3. Speed and No. of Servers
One thing that very person choosing a VPN for FireStick needs to know is that a VPN provider should have high-speed servers. So that the user does not face any lags or buffering issues while streaming.
Secondly, number of servers across the globe matters and you will see all the great VPN providers having a large server network. Because of it, possibilities of connectivity and unblocking geo-restricted, sites increase.
4. Top Notch Security
Should have AES-256 encryption protocol and it should ensure No DNS Leaks / No Logs. A reliable VPN provider is one that does not keep any logs and has a strict no logging policy.
How to Enable Apps from Unknown Sources
You will not be able to install any third-party app if it is not on the app store, for that you will have to enable the permission. Follow these simple steps foe enabling apps from Unknown sources to prevent any interruptions:
- Open your Amazon Fire Stick device.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Click on Device.
- Select developer options.
- Turn ON ADB debugging and then Apps from unknown sources.
Method #1 Sideload VPN for Firestick App on 2nd-gen and Newer Versions
This method might be a little confusing for you but it is not that much of a problem. For side loading any Amazon Fire TV stick VPN app on n a 2nd-gen Firestick, two things are require:
- A 2nd-gen Fire TV Stick device, which is
- An android phone or tablet.
Once you have both of them, follow the steps mentioned below to sideload the VPN:
- Download and install Apps2Fire application on your Android device from Google Play store.
- Also, download the PVN app on your android deice that you want to sideload on your Firestick.
- Open the application and open the menu.
- Go to Setup.
- Now type our Firestick device’s IP address in the application to synchronize.
- Click Save.
- Click on the menu icon click “Upload Apps”.
- Tap the Fire TV VPN app you want to use on your Fire TV to upload it to your Fire TV
- The Fire TV VPN client should automatically install on your device. We’ll show you how to find it and enable the VPN in the next section.
Method #2 How to Install VPN for Firestick APK on 2nd-gen Fire TV stick and Newer Via Direct Download
I believe direct downloading any VPN on Firestick for installation is not as complex as many people think. Look at the method:
- Run your Fire TV stick .
- From the main menu, click on the search option and type “Downloader”.
- Download and Install the Downloader App.
- Once installed, Open the application.
- Type the download URL of the APK file of your desired Fire TV VPN.
- Install the app after the downloading completes.
- After installing the application run the app and login to your PureVPN account.
- Connect to the server that you want and enjoy a secure connection on Firestick as you stream.
Simple, isn’t it?
How to Find and Connect VPN App for Amazon Fire Stick after Previous 2 Methods
- Go to Amazon Fire TV/FireStick menu.
- Go to Settings > Applications
- Click on Manage installed applications.
- Now you will have to select the VPN app that you previously transferred to your Amazon Fire TV or Fire Stick.
- Launch the application and login to the app by using your credentials.
How to Test VPN for Amazon Fire TV Stick is Working or Not?
Sometimes, the FireStick VPN disconnects due to the network issues or if the servers stop responding. If you are using the Amazon FireStick VPN connection for bypassing the geo-restrictions, you will instantly realize because the site will not respond any further. However, if you are using it for online protection, then you might not notice it.
That is why you always have to be sure whether your Amazon FireStick VPN on is working or not and you are connected to the Fire Stick VPN server.
To ensure your FireStick VPN is working, simply follow these steps:
- Open Settings from the main menu and then click on Device.
- Now Click on About.
- Click on Network and you will see the IP address on the right hand column.
You can verify the IP address, I the address is of the server that you have connected to, then it is all good. If it’s showing your real IP address, then you need to check your network connection or update your VPN app.
How to Install VPN for FireStick on 1st Generation Fire TV Stick
If you are using a 1st generation Amazon Fire stick, then you can install VPN over it by following these steps:
- Boot your first generation Firestick > Open Settings > Click on System.
- Click on Developer Options > Choose. Turn On Apps from Unknown Sources > Turn On ADB Debugging.
- Return to the main menu > Click on the Search option > Type downloader and search for it.
- Choose the Downloader app > Click Get.
- Now open the app and type this URL in the address bar: “https://tinyurl.com/y47bhsuw” > Click Next > Click Download.
- Now enter your PureVPN account credentials to login to the service and start secure streaming.
Installing the VPN for 1st generation Fire Stick is not a complex thing as many people think it is, hopefully by now you would have realized that.
How to Update FireStick VPN App
I have always found updating apps easier than installing them because of the less effort required.
Call me lazy if you wish to but that is true.
I believe updating the VPN app on Firestick is just as easy it was to update Kodi add-ons.
Here are the steps that you will have to follow to update Firestick VPN app:
- Open Firestick
- Go to Applications.
- Click on Manage installed applications.
- Scroll the list and Force Stop your VPN application so that you can continue with the update procedure.
- Retransfer the app to your Amazon Fire TV/ Firestick or follow the downloading procedure again (mentioned above)
- When prompted whether you wish to update the app, click Yes.
- Log in to the application to continue using the VPN.
How to Change VPN for Firestick
No rocket science required, folks!
You can simply change the VPN you are using on your Firestick by uninstalling the application and installing a new one by following the mentioned installation procedures.
I would like to say one thing before I finish it off; Fire TV Stick is one of the best and amazing streaming device that I have come across.
The freedom, the experience, everything is just wow!
The feature Amazon has introduced in this device makes it a handy streaming device. All you have to do is lay down and enjoy streaming services with a single click.
Well, that is just an expression. Obviously, first you will have to install a VPN on amazon Fire Stick or VPN on amazon Fire TV, depends on the device that you have.
Once you have installed Amazon Firestick VPN client, consider yourself as the mighty Hulk and go smash some good streams or consider download more kodi addons.