5 Best VPN For Firestick (November 2019) – Easy Installation
Choose a VPN for FireStick to access geo-restricted content and maintain privacy. Enjoy the best streaming experience without any barriers trough high-speed servers and strong encryption protocols.
Follow this guide to learn more about the VPN for FireStick that will allow you to bypass the geo-restrictions and maintain anonymity at the same time.
Before Amazon entered the plug and play online streaming industry, two devices were the major players in the game; Chromecast and Roku. Seeking the opportunity, Amazon entered the competition with the mighty FireStick and FireTV devices.
FireStick changed the meaning of online streaming by introducing new standards and features. Introducing a single plug-in device, that could turn your boring TV to a Streaming galaxy. Amazon FireStick is loaded with numerous great apps and channels like Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, HBO etc.
Plus you can easily modify it and download different apps from the Amazon app store and customize it according to your needs.
Moreover, one barrier that every online streamer faces is of geo-restrictions and to remove that, users can easily download Amazon FireStick VPN from the app store. They are fee to download and easy to install, allowing users to enjoy seamless streaming.
List of the 5 best VPN for FireStick
Here are the five best VPNs for FireStick to choose from:
In-depth Analysis of the Best VPN for FireStick
FireStick VPN will not only protect your privacy but also allow you to bypass the geo–restrictions.
Many of the channels and apps over Amazon FireStick and Fire TV are geo-restricted and cannot be accessed outside US. If you are not looking forward to pay for anything, then you can opt for a free VPN for FireStick.
PureVPN is my top recommendation for FireStick, not just because of its features and quality but also because of its price that is $1.65/month, which is the cheapest offer so far.
This is a very simple method for installing PureVPN and I personally recommend you to use it.
- Plug-in your FireStick device to your TV.
- Boot your device and head to the main menu.
- Go to search option and type PureVPN.
- Click Get to download the PureVPN app.
- Once the app is downloaded and installed, open it.
- Log in to your PureVPN account.
- Once logged in connect to the server you wish to and enjoy secure streaming with FireStick.
SurfShark might not be an old service provider in the industry but it surely has covered the coast very well. SurfShark is well reputed in the industry because of its high-quality standards.
SurfShark is famous because of its instant connectivity and 800+ high-speed servers that allow users to stream smoothly witha low priced plan of $1.99/month only.
SurfShark is one of the best options for Firestick because it is reasonably prices and has dedicated apps. Here is a breakdown of some of its key features:
- Amazing option for connecting unlimited devices simultaneously
- Strict No Logs policy
- Kill switch safety included
- A special MultiHop feature allowing users to connect to multiple countries at once to maintain complete anonymity.
- AES-256 encryption protocol
- Ad-blocker feature for avoiding interruptions
- Torrenting friendly service
- 24/7 chat support
- More than 7 operating systems supported
- It has a special Whitelister feature allowing a few apps & websites to bypass the VPN.
CyberGhost is a VPN provider that is loaded with unique and top of the line features that almost every VPN user craves to have in his grasp.
However, CyberGhost has taken a step further by providing all of the above with its amazing streaming features at a reasonable price i.e. $2.50/month only, making it an optimal VPN for FireStick users.
CyberGhost has its network of 3700 servers spread all over the world in 61 different countries. Here is a list of few things offered by CyberGhost:
- CyberGhost is compatible with 6 different OS and multiple other platforms.
- Dedicated CyberGhost browser extension for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox
- Strict No logs Policy.
- Netflix and other sites unblocking features available in desktop client.
- Auto Kill Switch feature available.
- Connect up-to 7 devices at the same time.
- High-speed server connectivity.
ExpressVPN is considered a tyrant in the VPN industry because it has been in this industry for a long time now and has served millions of people.
ExpressVPN provides is known to serve users with the best security protocols but the complains raised by users is about its pricing which is comparatively higher than other VPN providers.
ExpressVPN has more than 3000+ servers from 160 different countries and the best part is that all of these are high-speed servers with a premium price of $8.32/month only. Because of its servers that offer great bandwidth speed, it is an optimal choice for online streamers. Some of the best features offered by ExpressVPN are:
- Built-in speed test feature
- Supports multiple operating systems like Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, routers, and Linux
- 24/7 Chat support
- Strict No Logs policy
- OpenVPN supported
- Simultaneous connectivity up to 3 devices
- 30-day free trial
- Dedicated Mobile apps
- Kill switch feature included and called Network Lock
NordVPN is among the few reliable best Kodi VPN 2019 services that streamers can use for binge watching without compromising on their security.
NordVPN for FireStick has more than 5707 servers to choose from 60 different countries and it is offering its subscription plan for $3.49/month only.
- Compatibility with five different OS.
- High speed downloading and uploading speed.
- P2P Connectivity.
- Strong encryption.
- Multiple Devices Connectivity.
And finally after taking a word right from the provider; NordVPN, I got an affirmative response from their support.
Why do you need a for Amazon FireStick and Fire TV ?
A large number of people use the applications available on FireStick for online streaming but one of the biggest drawbacks they face is the geo-restriction of content. These applications can only be accessed from a few regions or if they are accessible from other regions, their library does not have the same content.
To encounter this issue, using a VPN is necessary because it bypasses the geo-restrictions and enables users to access whatever they like. For example, Netflix has different content libraries for every region and the content available in your region might not be available in any other region.
Same is the case with the US Netflix library which is known to have the bets content titles and many of them are not available in other regions. You can easily access the US Netflix library through a VPN for FireStick and enjoy streaming without any hassles.
Another reason why a VPN is recommended for online streamers is to ensure privacy and security from ISPs, Hackers and Government.
A VPN encrypts your traffic and routes your connection through a secure server, protecting your identity and physical location.
Does Amazon FireStick and Fire TV support Premium and Free VPN?
Amazon FireStick and Fire TV devices Support VPN.
Simply go to the Firestick app store and download the app client that you wish to install. It’s all there! The VPN is installed within a few minutes and then you can easily use it with your Firestick.
I recommend every Firestick user to choose a VPN service that is reliable, has ample number of servers across the world, has good streaming speed, doesn’t keep any logs and provides a high quality privacy & protection.
Criteria for picking the best VPN for Fire TV Stick
There are numerous VPN providers available online but choosing the best VPN for Firestick is a decision that has to be taken smartly. Therefore, follow the below mentioned criteria for choosing the best VPN for Amazon FireStick and Fire TV devices:
1. Dedicated FireStick Application:
Dedicated application that can be installed easily on Fire TV Stick and FireTV without any tweaks or workarounds.
It should not fall under 5/9/14 eyes jurisdiction. VPNs falling under jurisdiction mean that the countries having the jurisdiction have the authority to extract your logs. Users using such VPN providers stay under surveillance, which obviously means that they are not safe.
3. Speed and No. of Servers
One thing that very person choosing a VPN for FireStick needs to know is that a VPN provider should have high-speed servers. So that the user does not face any lags or buffering issues while streaming.
Secondly, number of servers across the globe matters and you will see all the great VPN providers having a large server network. Because of it, possibilities of connectivity and unblocking geo-restricted, sites increase.
4. Top Notch Security
Should have AES-256 encryption protocol and it should ensure No DNS Leaks / No Logs. A reliable VPN provider is one that does not keep any logs and has a strict no logging policy.
How to Enable Apps from Unknown Sources
You will not be able to install any third-party app if it is not on the app store, for that you will have to enable the permission. Follow these simple steps foe enabling apps from Unknown sources to prevent any interruptions:
- Open your FireStick device.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Click on Device.
- Select developer options.
- Turn ON ADB debugging and then Apps from unknown sources.
Method #1 Sideload VPN for Firestick App on 2nd-gen and Newer Versions
This method might be a little confusing for you but it is not that much of a problem. For side loading any Amazon Firestick VPN app onn a 2nd-gen Firestick, two things are require:
- A 2nd-gen Fire TV Stick device, which is
- An android phone or tablet.
Once you have both of them, follow the steps mentioned below to sideload the VPN:
- Download and install Apps2Fire application on your Android device from Google Play store.
- Also, download the PVN app on your android deice that you want to sideload on your Firestick.
- Open the application and open the menu.
- Go to Setup.
- Now type our Firestick device’s IP address in the application to synchronize.
- Click Save.
- Click on the menu icon click “Upload Apps”.
- Tap the Fire TV VPN app you want to use on your Fire TV to upload it to your Fire TV
- The Fire TV VPN app should automatically install on your device. We’ll show you how to find it and enable the VPN in the next section.
Method #2 How to Install VPN for Firestick APK on 2nd-gen Fire TV stick and Newer Via Direct Download
I believe direct downloading any VPN on your Firestick for installation is not as complex as many people think. Look at the method:
- Run your Firestick device.
- From the main menu, click on the search option and type “Downloader”.
- Download and Install the Downloader App.
- Once installed, Open the application.
- Type the download URL of the APK file of your desired Fire TV VPN.
- Install the app after the downloading completes.
- After installing the application run the app and login to your PureVPN account.
- Connect to the server that you want and enjoy a secure connection on Firestick as you stream.
Simple, isn’t it?
How to Find and Connect VPN App for Amazon Fire Stick after Previous 2 Methods
- Go to FireStick menu.
- Go to Settings > Applications
- Click on Manage installed applications.
- Now you will have to select the VPN app that you previously transferred to your FireStick.
- Launch the application and login to the app by using your credentials.
How to Test VPN for Amazon Fire TV Stick is Working or Not?
Sometimes, the FireStick VPN disconnects due to the network issues or if the servers stop responding. If you are using the Amazon FireStick VPN connection for bypassing the geo-restrictions, you will instantly realize because the site will not respond any further. However, if you are using it for online protection, then you might not notice it.
That is why you always have to be sure whether your Amazon FireStick VPN on is working or not and you are connected to the FireStick VPN server.
To ensure your FireStick VPN is working, simply follow these steps:
- Open Settings from the main menu and then click on Device.
- Now Click on About.
- Click on Network and you will see the IP address on the right hand column.
You can verify the IP address, I the address is of the server that you have connected to, then it is all good. If it’s showing your real IP address, then you need to check your network connection or update your VPN app.
How to Install VPN for FireStick on 1st Generation Fire TV Stick
If you are using a 1st generation Firestick, then you can install VPN over it by following these steps:
- Boot your first generation Firestick > Open Settings > Click on System.
- Click on Developer Options > Choose. Turn On Apps from Unknown Sources > Turn On ADB Debugging.
- Return to the main menu > Click on the Search option > Type downloader and search for it.
- Choose the Downloader app > Click Get.
- Now open the app and type this URL in the address bar: “https://tinyurl.com/y47bhsuw” > Click Next > Click Download.
- Now enter your PureVPN account credentials to login to the service and start secure streaming.
Installing the VPN for 1st generation Fire Stick is not a complex thing as many people think it is, hopefully by now you would have realized that.
How to Update FireStick VPN App
I have always found updating apps easier than installing them because of the less effort required.
Call me lazy if you wish to but that is true.
I believe updating the VPN app on Firestick is just as easy it was to update Kodi add-ons.
Here are the steps that you will have to follow to update Firestick VPN app:
- Open Firestick
- Go to Applications.
- Click on Manage installed applications.
- Scroll the list and Force Stop your VPN application so that you can continue with the update procedure.
- Retransfer the app to your Firestick or follow the downloading procedure again (mentioned above)
- When prompted whether you wish to update the app, click Yes.
- Log in to the application to continue using the VPN.
3 Reason Not to Choose a Free VPN for FireStick
I will never recommend you to use a free VPN, not because I envy them or have anything personal against them. Nevertheless, the fact that they have weak encryption and protocols, they make your privacy and protection vulnerable.
1. Insecure and Vulnerable
I would never let anyone jeopardize my security and privacy so why would you?
These Free VPN providers do not have high-end security protocols like the paid ones. Free VPNs have DNS leaks and weak protocols, which could easily leak your data, your identity to authorities. These VPNs keep logs, which is the biggest threat to your online freedom.
Moreover, Free VPN providers have been a subject to many controversies like recorded user data and then selling it to authorities and organizations. This is something that breaks the user trust and I would never opt for such a service provider.
2. Small Server Networks
Another reason why I do not recommend these free VPNs like hide.me or Hideman is the amount of servers they have. For me, having more severs is always a plus point and that is what I tell people to look for while choosing any VPN.
These free VPNs have only 20 to 30 servers across the globes; other paid VPN servers have more than 1000 servers compared to them. That is one of the many reasons they require subscription.
3. Low Speed
As for streaming, if you are someone who can compromise on the streaming speed, then be my guest and try any of the below mentioned free VPNs for Amazon Fire TV Stick.
You will not have that amazing experience that you wish to have because free Fire TV VPN servers do not have good speed servers.
Free VPN for FireStick
If you are still not interested in spending a penny for having a VPN for FireStick then here are a few providers you can choose from:
1. Atom VPN for Firestick
AtomVPN is a free VPN service available for platforms like Android and Firestick. It requires no sign-up or registering process, simply install the app and protect your network through a single click.
AtomVPN has servers from all around the world and it allows users to bypass geo-restricted sites and the websites blocked by ISPs.
The app has a very simple interface and it is quite user friendly. It is one of the fastest free VPN providers available. It was released in the year 2015 and since then it has been serving freebies from all around the world.
2. Windscribe Firestick
Windscribe is an amazing free VPN provider that has been in the industry for quite some time now and has earned great reputation. It connects to secure server from your desired location on a single click. It has servers in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Windscribe has a very simple interface and it can be installed and used within a few minutes, as it has no complex installation procedures. It does have a premium package but you can use it free, the only difference is that the bandwidth of free package is limited to 10 GB per month.
Its claim of being a fast VPN is true as I have personally experienced it that it connects to the server instantly. It has a strict no logs policy and it does not leak IP or DNS. Users can enjoy Windscribe on multiple operating systems like Windows, Android, iPhone, Linux and Firestick. Windscribe has its own chrome and Firefox extension as well.
3. Opera free VPN Firestick
Opera VPN is one of its kind service that comes integrated in a browser and does not have a separate application. Opera browser has VPN integrated in it and it is free. Do not worry thinking how to install Opera VPN on FireStick, simply install the Opera browser and connect to a VPN server from the list to browse the web securely.
Opera VPN for FireStick encrypts the traffic, restricting the ISP and authorities from spying on you. Opera browser can be installed on Firestick through the Amazon app store very easily and use its VPN for streaming on Firestick through the browser.
How to Change VPN for Firestick
No rocket science required, folks!
You can simply change the VPN you are using on your Firestick by uninstalling the application and installing a new one by following the mentioned installation procedures.
I would like to say one thing before I finish it off; FireStick is one of the best and amazing streaming device that I have come across.
The freedom, the experience, everything is just wow!
The feature Amazon has introduced in this device makes it a handy streaming device. All you have to do is lay down and enjoy streaming with a single click.
Well, that is just an expression. Obviously, first you will have to install a VPN on amazon FireStick or VPN on amazon Fire TV, depends on the device that you have.
Once you have installed amazon Firestick VPN app, consider yourself as the mighty Hulk and go smash some good streams or consider download more kodi addons