World’s Best VPN For FireStick with Step-by-Step Installation Guide
Two tyrants; Chromecast and Roku initially dominated the plug and play online streaming industry. Seeking the opportunity, Amazon entered the competition with the mighty FireStick and FireTV devices.
FireStick changed the meaning of online streaming by introducing new standards and features. Introducing a single plug-in device, that could turn your boring TV to a Streaming galaxy.
The channels and FireStick apps are amazing and there is no doubt that FireStick is a complete package for all the binge watchers.
However, when we talk about binge watching, the first thing that pops in my mind is the use of a VPN for Firestick.
Why is it so?
Because, most of the streaming sites like Amazon Prime that I personally access on FireStick are geo-restricted and to bypass their geo-restrictions, a VPN is required. And why would you want to miss VPN discounts and coupons when there are tremendous deals available.
Nevertheless, this is my reason for using VPNs and I know that most of the people have the same reason too. There can be many other reasons as well, I’ll discuss them further in detail in this guide.
Does FireStick and Fire TV devices supports VPN?
FireStick and Fire TV devices Support VPN.
Simply go to the FireStick app store and download the app client that you wish to install. It’s all there! The VPN is installed within a few minutes and then you can easily use it with your FireStick.
I recommend every FireStick user to choose a VPN service that is reliable, has ample number of servers across the world, has good streaming speed, doesn’t keep any logs and provides a high quality privacy & protection.
All of the above-mentioned traits are equally important to look for in a VPN on Amazon Fire TV or FireStick. After all, compromising one for another is like eating sugar free ice-cream.
The VPN apps available on the FireStick app store are listed below:
|VPN Apps Available on FireStick App Store|
|IPVanish VPN||Ivacy VPN|
|VyprVPN||F-Secure Freedome VPN|
There are many other VPN services also available on the app store, I have only listed a few top choices.
Compare the features of these VPN services and choose whichever suits your needs and qualifies to be the best amongst all. All of these VPN services can be easily downloaded free directly from the app store with a single click.
May the best VPN win!
List of the Best VPN for FireStick
What is the Best VPN for Firestick and How to Install VPN on FireStick?
Recommended #1 VPN For FireStick: Subscribe to and install Pure VPN on Fire Stick from Fire TV App store
This is a very simple method for installing PureVPN and I personally recommend you to use it.
- Plug-in your FireStick device to your TV.
- Boot your device and head to the main menu.
- Go to search option and type PureVPN.
- Click Get to download the PureVPN app.
- Once the app is downloaded and installed, open it.
- Log in to your PureVPN account.
- Once logged in connect to the server you wish to and enjoy secure streaming with FireStick.
Recommended #2 VPN For Fire Stick: CyberGhost
CyberGhost is a VPN provider that is loaded with unique and top of the line features that almost every VPN user craves to have in his grasp. Speed and security are the two main things that every VPN provider offers. However, CyberGhost has taken a step further by providing all of the above with its amazing streaming features included, making it an optimal VPN for FireStick users.
CyberGhost has its network of 3500+ servers spread all over the world in 58 different countries. Here is a list of few things offered by CyberGhost:
- CyberGhost is compatible with 6 different OS and multiple other platforms.
- Dedicated CyberGhost browser extension for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox
- Strict No logs Policy.
- Netflix and other sites unblocking features available in desktop client.
- Auto Kill Switch feature available.
- Connect up-to 7 devices at the same time.
- High-speed server connectivity.
Recommended #3 VPN For Fire Stick: NordVPN
NordVPN is among the few reliable Kodi VPN services that streamers can use for binge watching without compromising on their security.
NordVPN for FireStick has more than 4800 servers to choose from 62 different countries.
- Compatibility with five different OS.
- High speed downloading and uploading speed.
- P2P Connectivity.
- Strong encryption.
- Multiple Devices Connectivity.
And finally after taking a word right from the provider; NordVPN, I got an affirmative response from their support.
Recommended #4 VPN For Amazon FireStick: IPVanish
If I were to praise a VPN provider that provides all the things that a streamer need without even making him realize that he’s running a VPN in parallel, IP Vanish would be on the top of my list.
No interruptions, no lagging, high-speed connectivity and so much more.
IP Vanish is rated among-st the top-notch VPN providers and I vouch for that based on my own personal experience. Having all the great features like:
- More than 1,000 servers in more than 60 countries.
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Strong encryption
- No logs
- P2P traffic with no limits
- 24/7 customer support
And most of all supported by Amazon FireStick.
It delivers everything that it claims! That is why I rate it among the best VPN for streaming online.
Recommended #5 VPN for Amazon Fire Stick: Windscribe
Windscribe is another sharp needle in the haystack of VPNs that provides quality privacy and protection. This Canadian VPN service has earned a great reputation in the VPN industry that is dominated by US based VPN services. Having competitive features to the market tyrants, this VPN has made its ground strong in a very short time.
I had a very good experience when I tried Windscribe for streaming Netflix and Hulu, the speed was impressive and I also tested if there were any DNS leaks, but there were none. Hence, I trust this VPN and recommend you all to try it.
Windscribe has its own application available on the FireStick app store and it can be downloaded easily.
How to Enable FireStick and FireTV to Install Apps from Unknown Sources to Setup VPN for Firestick Which Are Not Listed on Amazon App Store
You will not be able to install any third-party app if it is not on the app store, for that you will have to enable the permission. Follow these simple steps foe enabling apps from Unknown sources to prevent any interruptions:
- Open your FireStick device.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Click on Device.
- Select developer options.
- Turn ON ADB debugging and then Apps from unknown sources.
Method #1 Sideload VPN for Firestick App on 2nd-gen Fire TV Stick and Newer with Another Android device
This method might be a little confusing for you but it is not that much of a problem. For side loading any Amazon FireStick VPN app onn a 2nd-gen FireStick, two things are require:
- A 2nd-gen FireStick device, which is
- An android phone or tablet.
Once you have both of them, follow the steps mentioned below to sideload the VPN:
- Download and install Apps2Fire application on your Android device from Google Play store.
- Also, download the PVN app on your android deice that you want to sideload on your FireStick.
- Open the application and open the menu.
- Go to Setup.
- Now type our FireStick device’s IP address in the application to synchronize.
- Click Save.
- Click on the menu icon click “Upload Apps”.
- Tap the Fire TV VPN app you want to use on your Fire TV to upload it to your Fire TV
- The Fire TV VPN app should automatically install on your device. We’ll show you how to find it and enable the VPN in the next section.
Method #2 How to Install VPN for Firestick APK on 2nd-gen Fire TV stick and Newer Via Direct Download
I believe direct downloading any VPN on your FireStick for installation is not as complex as many people think. Look at the method:
- Run your FireStick device.
- From the main menu, click on the search option and type “Downloader”.
- Download and Install the Downloader App.
- Once installed, Open the application.
- Type the download URL of the APK file of your desired Fire TV VPN.
- Install the app after the downloading completes.
- After installing the application run the app and login to your PureVPN account.
- Connect to the server that you want and enjoy a secure connection on FireStick as you stream.
Simple, isn’t it?
How to Find and Connect VPN App for Amazon Fire Stick After Previous 2 Methods
- Go to FireStick menu.
- Go to Settings > Applications
- Click on Manage installed applications.
- Now you will have to select the VPN app that you previously transferred to your FireStick.
- Launch the application and login to the app by using your credentials.
How to Test VPN For Amazon FireStick is Working or Not?
Sometimes, the FireStick VPN disconnects due to the network issues or if the servers stop responding. If you are using the Amazon FireStick VPN connection for bypassing the geo-restrictions, you will instantly realize because the site will not respond any further. However, if you are using it for online protection, then you might not notice it.
That is why you always have to be sure whether your Amazon FireStick VPN on is working or not and you are connected to the FireStick VPN server.
To ensure your FireStick VPN is working, simply follow these steps:
- Open Settings from the main menu and then click on Device.
- Now Click on About.
- Click on Network and you will see the IP address on the right hand column.
You can verify the IP address, I the address is of the server that you have connected to, then it is all good. If it’s showing your real IP address, then you need to check your network connection or update your VPN app.
How to Update FireStick VPN App
I have always found updating apps easier than installing them because of the less effort required.
Call me lazy if you wish to but that is true.
I believe updating the VPN app on FireStick is just as easy it was to update Kodi add-ons.
Here are the steps that you will have to follow to update FireStick VPN app:
- Open FireStick
- Go to Applications.
- Click on Manage installed applications.
- Scroll the list and Force Stop your VPN application so that you can continue with the update procedure.
- Retransfer the app to your FireStick or follow the downloading procedure again (mentioned above)
- When prompted whether you wish to update the app, click Yes.
- Log in to the application to continue using the VPN.
Free VPN for FireStick
By now you all might be wondering what is the best free VPN on Amazon FireStick to choose and use on your FireStick device but you need to hold it right there.
I will never recommend you to use a free VPN, not because I envy them or have anything personal against them. Nevertheless, the fact that they have weak encryption and protocols, they make your privacy and protection vulnerable.
I would never let anyone jeopardize my security and privacy so why would you?
For me, having more severs is always a plus point and that is what I tell people to look for while choosing any VPN. These free VPNs have only 20 to 30 servers across the globes; other paid VPN servers have more than 1000 servers compared to them. That is one of the many reasons they require subscription.
Free VPNs have DNS leaks and weak protocols, which could easily leak your data, your identity to authorities and these VPNs keep logs, which is the biggest threat to your online freedom.
As for streaming, if you are someone who can compromise on the streaming speed, then be my guest and try any of the free VPNs. You will not have that amazing experience that you wish to have because free Fire TV VPN servers do not have good speed servers.
How to Change VPN for FireStick
No rocket science required, folks!
You can simply change the VPN you are using on your FireStick by uninstalling the application and installing a new one by following the mentioned installation procedures.
I would like to say one thing before I finish it off; FireStick is one of the best and amazing streaming device that I have come across.
The freedom, the experience, everything is just wow!
The feature Amazon has introduced in this device makes it a handy streaming device. All you gotta do is lay down and enjoy streaming with a single click.
Well, that is just an expression. Obviously, first you will have to install a VPN on amazon FireStick or VPN on amazon Fire TV, depends on the device that you have.
Once you have installed amazon FireStick VPN app, consider yourself as the mighty Hulk and go smash some good streams or consider download more kodi addons