If you are having trouble with installing and using ExpressVPN on Firestick, this is the perfect place to clear out all your confusions. But before we explore the steps of setting up the VPN, let us first talk about some of the features that make ExpressVPN one of the best VPN for FireStick in 2020.
Express VPN for FireStick
ExpressVPN is undoubtedly one of the most popular streaming VPN services you can rely on. The VPN is globally renowned for its excellent functionality and amazing features that let users stream any type of content in HD, without having the need for buffering.
For the Amazon Firestick, ExpressVPN has a custom-made application that is used by cord-cutters all around the world. It is the most trusted VPN when it comes to security, privacy, and streaming purposes. Having said that, here is a list of the top features that set apart this VPN from the others available on the Amazon Appstore.
Blazing Fast Speed
This VPN is one of the fastest VPNs you might ever come across, just as the name suggests. ExpressVPN has a speed-optimized network that consists of more than 3,000 servers that are spread over 160 plus locations in 94 countries.
Wherewith average VPNs, you cannot stream in HD and 4K smoothly; this VPN allows you both, which makes it the perfect choice for your home and office.
Solid Security and Privacy
The impressive zero-logs policy offered by ExpressVPn comes with an AES 256-bit encryption that makes sure that all your internet activities are secure, private, and anonymous. This becomes important if you are using third party or Kodi, Android streaming application such as Cinema HD, CatMouse, and Titanium.
The third-party Kodi addons and other such applications offer content that might be pirated, and by any chance, you happen to stream this content, you can end up facing legal issues. However, ExpressVPN not only protects your ID, but also allows you to view the content as seamlessly as possible.
Unblocked Streaming Services
Another reason you need a VPN is when you need to unblock all the restricted content. The most popular and notorious of these services is Netflix that provides different content for different countries across the globe.
ExpressVPN is one of the very few VPNs that can consistently provide an access to Netflix. All you need to do is get an account and install this VPN to unblock Netflix Canada, US, Netherlands, Japan, India, and other libraries.
If you want to access other geo-restricted services such as iPlayer BBC, Hulu, and HBO, this is the go-to option for you.
Ease of Use
An important feature of this VPN that cannot be ignored is a Network Lock Kill Switch, and VPN Split tunneling that makes the interface easy to use.
It offers unlimited bandwidth and is safe for torrent use and P2P. You can also get five simultaneous connections with 24/7 live chat customer support for your ease.
The best part is that it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you change your mind, which I am sure will never happen.
How to Install ExpressVPN on Firestick
This VPN has a dedicated application that is compatible with Amazon Firestick, Fire TC Cube, and Fire TV. It is readily available on the Amazon store and hardly takes a few seconds to get installed.
Before we get into the installation process, make sure you buy the ExpressVPN subscription. It is best to get the annual subscription as you can avail of a discount of 49% on it. Whether you need help sideloading it or want the application installed, we might help you with both.
1. Installing The Application
- Open the home screen of Firestick, and write ExpressVPN in the search option. If you see ExpressVPN click on it to proceed
- ExpressVPN will appear as the first suggestion, click on it, and then hit the:” get” option
- Download ExpressVPN, once done, go to the “open” option and start using it
Video Guide: How to Setup ExpressVPN on FireStick
2. Sideloading ExpressVPN APK on FireStick
If you are not able to get the ExpressVPN on the Amazon store for whatever reason,
you always have the option to download its APK file and get it installed. However, for that, you might first want to make sure that Firestick can install applications from an unknown source.
For your ease, here is how to enable this option:
- Go to the home screen and click on “settings.” You will see the “My Fire TV/Device” option, hit it
- Next is clicking on the “Developing Options” from the list right after About
- You now are to turn on “Apps from unknown sources,” and you are done
The next thing to do is to get the APK file downloaded for installing ExpressVPN.
- Enter https://www.firesticktricks.com/expresson the URL field of the downloader
- Now download it to proceed
- When the download is finished, click on “install”
- Click “done” and select “delete” to save some space
And with that, the app should have been added to your app list.
Now that you have installed the ExpressVPN APK on your Fire TV device successfully, you can access this newly downloaded VPN by navigating to your App list.
- For the initial setup, click on the “open” option and select the “sign-in” option
- Now enter your credentials. If you still do not have an account, get the login credentials from the official website of ExpressVPN
- If you are done signing in, click “OK” to set up the configuration
- The ExpressVPN should now appear on the app home
- Click on the red circle button for connecting ExpressVPN on your Fire TV
- Congratulations! You are now good to go
ExpressVPN is an all-round product that will sort out all your privacy and unblocking restricting content problems, unlike the other VPNs. This guide will help you install it, but if you have any queries or suggestions, leave a comment in the comments sections below.t