Dimitrology Popcorn Time Repository
Popcorn Time itself is an online media streaming platform that has integrated BitTorrent client. However, Kodi add-on developers thought it would be great to bring this streaming platform on Kodi.
So they made a Popcorn Time Kodi add-on, allowing users to expand their entertainment horizons and stream movies unbounded to add-on libraries.
Nevertheless, while using such add-ons, securing your network is highly recommended. Use a VPN for Kodi to encrypt your traffic and provide you better streaming experience.
This guide provides detailed steps on how to install Popcorn Time on Kodi. So follow the steps below:
How to Install Popcorn Time on Kodi Leia or Krypton Versions
- Launch Kodi Krypton > Select Settings icon that you see on top > Click on File Manager.
- On your left-side of your screen, scroll down to double click on Add Source > Type Dimitrology Repository URL https://archive.org/download/repository.lazarus-0.1 > Click OK > Now type the name of the repository i.e. ‘Lazarus’ > Click OK.
- Go to Kodi Home by pressing on ‘Backspace’ key > Select Add-ons > Click on Box-shaped icon called Package Installer located on top-left corner.
- Select Install from Zip File > Scroll down and select Lazarus > Click on repository.lazarus-0.1.zip > Now wait for the repository to install. > Click on Install from Repository > Now find Lazarus Repository.
- Go to Video Add-ons > Select Kodi Popcorn Time > Hit the Install Button.
- To view the add-on, go to Kodi Home > Click Add-ons > Then Video Add-ons > Kodi Popcorn Time
How to Install Popcorn Time on Kodi Jarvis Version 16 or Below
- Launch Kodi Jarvis > Go to System > Then File Manager > Double click Add Source.
- Now type the URL http://dimitrology.com/repo/ where it says ‘None’ > Click Done > Type Repository Name ‘Dimitrology’ > Click Done > Click OK.
- Go back to Kodi Main Menu > System > Add-ons > Then click on Install from Zip File > Dimitrology > kodipopcorntime.repository-1.0.0.zip
- Click on Install from Repository > Markop 159 Repository > Video Add-ons > Kodi Popcorn Time > Install > Enjoy!
How to Install Popcorn Time on Kodi Firestick
Installing Popcorn Time on Kodi Firestick is similar to the steps that have been mentioned above. However, there are certain steps and requirement of VPN on Firestick, that needs your attention, so follow the guideline below:
- Launch Firestick > Click on System > Settings > Developer Options > Enable Apps from Unknown Source and ADB Debugging.
- Go to Firestick Home > Click on the Search bar > Type Kodi and click on it > Launch Kodi.
- Now follow the steps as outlined for Kodi Leia, Krypton or Kodi Jarvis.
Download Kodi Popcorn Time Zip File
There is a way of installing Kodi Popcorn Time directly onto your Kodi. First, it is necessary that you download Kodi Popcorn Time Zip File, and then follow the steps outlined below:
- Launch Kodi > Tap on Add-ons menu > Go to Package Installer icon on top-left corner > Click on Install from Zip File.
- When the box appear you need to ‘Navigate’ or ‘Upload’ the Zip File which you had download prior to starting these steps.
- The file will take time to download > Now click on Install from Repository > Select Markop 159 Repository from the list > Go to Video Add-ons > Click on Kodi Popcorn Time > Hit Install > You are done, Enjoy!
Popcorn Time can also be downloaded from the following download links:
- Download Kodi Popcorn Time via GitHub
- Download Kodi Popcorn Time via Lazarus Repository
- Download Dimitrology Repository
Kodi Popcorn Time Reviews
Popcorn Time is probably the comfiest way of watching shows and movies. Especially when paired with a kodi box.
— 8spook (@8synced) October 30, 2017
Watching Movies and TV shows is far easier than anything in this world and that is what exactly Kodi users think. The two giants meet for the first time in Kodi world.
Ooh!! I know about it. I use popcorn time a lot more than showbox. I don’t use Kodi at all anymore.
— Frank Boateng (@AFYB01) June 30, 2017
Kodi users to the bulk are still unaware of the fact that there is a Kodi Popcorn Time add-on that you can install on Kodi. Kodi software is a lot bigger than Popcorn Time and there should be no comparison. Installing Popcorn Time addon made the Kodi software even bigger.
Kodi Popcorn Time Not Working/Errors/Issues
Failed to Install Dependency
This error may occur due to the fact that you have been using a false repository that does not have an updated version of Kodi Popcorn Time.
Installing Kodi Popcorn Time from Dimitrology Repository will resolve your problem since it will have an updated version ready for Kodi users. The above steps mentioned in the guide discusses installation of Popcorn Time from Dimitrology.
No Stream Available
You may often see that when you stream some latest media content on Popcorn Time, a message appears that says ‘No Streams Available’. This is because Popcorn Time picks a source from torrents, and sometimes these torrents are unavailable.
There is no immediate solution to this problem because this is the only drawback of Popcorn Time. However, you can still switch to Kodi and install Covenant add-on and stream free movies and TV shows.
To Wrap Things Up
Popcorn Time Kodi is the fan favorite streaming player that streams torrent sources directly on Kodi software. You can directly watch movies and TV shows on Kodi with ease. In this guide, we discussed how to install Popcorn Time on Kodi so that you can enjoy ling hours of entertainment. See this comparison guide on popcorn time vs kodi.