BBC iPlayer Kodi 17.6 – How to Install And Watch on Krypton, Jarvis And Firestick
If you are a fan of British television, then BBC iPlayer must be a go to streaming service. BBC iPlayer is one of the best kodi addons in the UK, as it offers unlimited content. There is good news for Kodi users! The official BBC iPlayer add-on for Kodi lets you watch popular shows, live events, news, radio broadcasts, sports, and much more.
This article not only provides easy steps on how to install BBC iPlayer Kodi, but also provides information on how to unblock BBC iPlayer addon outside the UK.
BBC iPlayer Kodi Repository (IPlayer WWW)
“IPlayer WWW” is the repository from where you can install BBC IPlayer addon and enjoy unlimited British shows. You don’t have to add this repository manually as it is already available in Kodi.
Sadly, the addon only works in the UK. Although, there is a way to access this addon by using a Kodi VPN and bypass geographic restrictions – we will come onto this topic later.
How to Install BBC iPlayer Kodi on Krypton Version 17.6 or Lower
Here are the steps to install BBC iPlayer on Kodi Krypton 17.6 or lower. Note that the below-mentioned pictures are taken from Kodi 17.6 version Krypton.
- After installing Kodi version 17.6 or lower, launch the software in your system and Select addon option from the main menu.
- Click the above package shaped symbol (Addon Browser).
- Click “Install from repository” option.
- Now Select “Video addons” option.
- Find “IPlayer WWW” repository and Select it.
- Now after selecting the IPlayer repository Click the Install option.
- Now wait for the notification “Addon enabled”.
How to Install BBC iPlayer Kodi on Jarvis Version 16 or Higher Steps
The steps for how to install BBC IPlayer on Kodi is not very different from the above steps. Here are the steps to install BBC IPlayer on Kodi Jarvis or Higher:
- After installing Kodi version 16 or higher, open Kodi and Select Videos option.
- Click Add-ons option.
- Navigate to the Get more option by scrolling down.
- Look for “IPlayer WWW” repository and then Select it.
- Click on install option.
- Wait for the confirmation through notification “Addon Enabled”.
The BBC IPlayer add-on is now installed and you can access by going to Videos>Add-ons>IPlayer WWW from the main menu.
BBC iPlayer Kodi Download (Direct Method)
On the other hand, you can download the addon directly from Kodi’s official website. Just follow these steps:
- First, download the Zip File from Kodi official website.
- Open Kodi App on your system, Select “Addon” option from the main menu.
- Now Click on the above package shape box (Addon Browser).
- Select Install from Zip file, navigate to where you downloaded the ZIP file, and install “Plugin.video.iPlayerwww-3.0.22.zip”
- Wait for the notification “Addon Enabled”.
How to Watch Kodi BBC iPlayer Outside the UK
One of the ways to watch BBC IPlayer on Kodi abroad or outside the UK is through a Kodi VPN. With a VPN server in the UK, you can change your IP address and access any content on BBC iPlayer.
But remember that not all VPN’s are able to provide access to Kodi BBC IPlayer. It is important to choose the right VPN, which unblocks BBC iPlayer outside UK.
If you are looking for VPN to unblock BBC IPlayer outside the UK, always search for the VPN that offer a server in UK, delivers fast performance, and has a money back guarantee. In this manner, you will be able to test the VPN and in case it fails to unblock the BBC IPlayer, you can get your money back.
Steps to Unblock BBC IPlayer on your System
- Register for your desired VPN service.
- Download the setup and install the VPN on your system.
- Login to your account.
- Go to server option and connect to a UK server.
- Now access BBC iPlayer addon on Kodi and enjoy unlimited streaming.
How to Watch Kodi BBC iPlayer in USA
Don’t worry if you are living in the USA and want to watch Kodi BBC IPlayer. The procedure to watch Kodi BBC IPlayer in USA will remain the same. By using a VPN service, you can access Kodi BBC IPlayer addon in the USA or anywhere around the world. Although there are other methods of accessing content from BBC iPlayer, but VPN remains the best solution to unblock Kodi BBC IPlayer outside the UK.
Another added benefit of using the official addon is that the British live channels and shows are directly pulled from official website of BBC. This makes the stream smooth, and you don’t have to face BBC IPlayer Kodi buffering issues frequently.
BBC iPlayer Kodi Not Working/Errors/Issues
Check the Log Error
The most common error that is faced by most of the users is “Check the log for more information”. This issue arises when you are trying to access geo-block content such as BBC IPlayer outside the UK.
The most effective solution for the above mention error is through using VPN. Due geo-restriction, you must have UK IP location to access the addon. A VPN service provides the option to change your location by connecting to a UK server. Setting the IP location to UK will remove this error within minutes.
Failed to Connect the Repository
The second most common issue is failed to connect the repository. This issue pertains to the missing files in the repository or incorrect installation.
In order to prevent this error always check your internet connection. If your internet is not working properly or there is disruption during download, chances of missing files from the repo increase. To overcome this problem, delete the existing repository and go for a fresh install.
BBC iPlayer Kodi Faqs
How do I get BBC iPlayer on my Kodi Box
- Install and Download Kodi on your Kodi Boxes.
- Open the Kodi application and follow the similar steps mentioned above on how to install BBC iPlayer addon for Krypton 17.6 or lower and Jarvis 16 or higher.
- Now enjoy your favorite British live channels and shows on your Kodi Box.
Can you get BBC iPlayer on Kodi Amazon Firestick
You can also get BBC iPlayer add-on on Amazon Firestick as well! Here are the steps to install BBC iPlayer Kodi add-on:
- First, download and install Kodi on Amazon Firestick.
- Open Amazon Firestick and Select “System”.
- Now find “Settings” options from the menu and Select it.
- Select “Developers Options”.
- Enable “Apps from Unknown Sources” and “ABD Debugging”.
- Now go to the home menu and write “Kodi” in the search option.
- Now Open the Kodi application and follow the similar steps mentioned above to how to install BBC IPlayer addon for Krypton 17.6 or lower and Jarvis 16 or higher.
Is BBC iPlayer Free on Kodi
Yes! BBC iPlayer is absolutely free on Kodi and you can enjoy unlimited British live channels and shows. You don’t have to pay monthly subscription to watch your favorite show or movie on BBC iPlayer Kodi.
However, if you are living outside the UK, then VPN is a core requirement to access BBC iPlayer shows and live channels on Kodi because of geo-restrictions.
BBC IPlayer addon on Kodi is one of the best iptv kodi add-ons for the users who love to watch British live channels and show. I hope this article will help you how to install BBC IPlayer Kodi. In addition, it also provides answers to all your queries related to issues while using BBC iPlayer xbmc.
Still, if you want to know more about BBC iPlayer please mention your comments below.