IPVanish is another popular name in the industry and it started making headlines when it entered the market. However, the question that many users have is whether it is the best VPN for Kodi?
To cater such queries, I have discussed all the important aspects of IPVanish related to Kodi and have described how to install IPVanish on Kodi.
Is IPVanish the best VPN for Kodi?
Considering the fact that IPVanish has a great network of servers and strong security protocols, we can consider it as one of the best VPN for Kodi.
- 1300+ Servers in 70+ countries.
- AES-256 bit Military Grade Encryption.
- Apps for more than 8 different platforms and devices.
- Kill Switch feature included.
- Good speed servers with instant VPN connection.
- Under14 Eyes Jurisdiction
- Controversial in terms of data logs
- Fails to bypass Netflix restrictions
- It is offering a 7-day money back guarantee only.
Whenever we discuss a VPN for Kodi, we keep three underlying factors in consideration:
- Speed and number of servers
- Device Compatibility
Judging by all of these three factors, I am sure that IPVanish has earned its spot in the list of the best Kodi VPN providers. However, the pricing is an important factor above all and I do not think that any user will be willing to pay $6.49 per month for such features.
Is IPVanish Compatible with Kodi?
Yes, IPVanish is compatible with Kodi as it does not have its own dedicated IPVanish Kodi addon but it is available in the Zombodied repository.
Other than that, you can also install IPVanish app on your system and use in the background while using Kodi. The basic motive of Kodi users, using a VPN service, is to secure themselves and to bypass geo-restrictions.
This is why it would not be an issue if they have IPVanish VPN installed on their device as long as they are connected to a secure server and their IP address is encrypted.
IPVanish VPN has a user-friendly client, which works pretty well and does not disturb at all while streaming on Kodi after establishing VPN connection.
Addons Kodi Users can Access with IPVanish
Many users are aware of the fact that a VPN on Kodi is required while streaming with a third-party Kodi add-on, especially if you are using an IPTV add-on. In such instances, a VPN software becomes necessary for streaming.
With IPVanish, users can stream content through various geo-restricted official and unofficial Kodi addons. Some of the examples are:
1. BBC iPlayer
iPlayer www is a Kodi addon providing content from British online TV service; BBC iPlayer. Through this Kodi addon, can stream live BBC TV channels, live sports and other popular shows like Peaky Blinders, Bodyguard, Killing Eve, Our Girl, The Graham Norton show etc.
However, this is a geo-restricted Kodi addon and its content is only available in UK. This is where using IPVanish will be helpful because you will need a VPN connection to stream this service on Kodi from outside UK.
2. HBO Go
HBO is an American cable network that is popular all over the world because of its content and premium service. However, HBO Go is their premium online service allowing users to stream their favorite shows, currently on-air or from the past.
Kodi users can avail this service quite easily, only if they are residing in US because it cannot be accessed from anywhere else. IPVanish US servers will help you access this content on Kodi as well as online, without any hassle.
SoundCloud is an online music service popular globally because of its vast library. However, many songs available on this platform are geo-restricted and cannot be accessed in many regions other than the host ones.
IPVanish on Kodi will help users to access all of the content available on SoundCloud and enjoy music without any barriers.
PopcornFlix is an official Kodi addon having free streams of movies and TV shows but its content is only accessible in UK and US. This is why it is necessary to have a VPN like IPVanish, which can remove these restrictions and grant users the accessibility to stream.
Crackle is an online TV streaming service by Sony having its original content as well as other content hosted on site. This service can be streamed on Kodi through its add-on but will be limited to US region only.
To access Sony Crackle outside US, you will need IPVanish US server. Thorough this, you can 7watch all of its content through a single click because you will have an encrypted IP address.
How to use Kodi with IPVanish on Android
IPVanish VPN is available for Android as well; you can install it over your device by following these steps:
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Click on the search bar and search for “IPVanish”.
- Click on the first result that appears (that will be) IPVanish VPN: The Fastest VPN.
- Now click Install and wait for the app to download and install.
- Once the app is installed, click Open and login to your IPVanish account.
- Now, connect to the server you want to and then open Kodi to start secure streaming.
How to use Kodi with IPVanish on Windows
Follow these steps to install IPVanish on Kodi on Windows:
- Go to the IPVanish Sign-up page and subscribe to any of the package plan that suits your need.
- Download the IPVanish desktop client for Windows and install it.
- Open the app after installation and login using your credentials.
- Now choose your desired server location and connect to it.
- Now minimize the app and Open Kodi.
- You will now be able to access all the geo-restricted streams and Live TV Kodi add-ons, while the app is running in the background.
Install IPVanish on Kodi through VPN Manager
You can integrate IPVanish VPN on Kodi through this method. It allows you to save time and enhance your streaming experience.
- Download Zomboided repositoryzip file on your device
- Open Kodi
- Go to the Add-ons tab
- Click on the box icon from the top-left corner
- Select Install from zip file option
- Browse your system and open the downloaded zip file > Wait for the notification
- Now click on the Install from repository option
- Scroll down the list and open Zomboided Add-on Repository> Go to Services > Click on VPN Manager for OpenVPN > Hit Install
- Once the installation completes, go to Program Add-ons and open VPN manager.
- Now configure the VPN by going to Settings.
How to use Kodi with IPVanish on FireStick
FireStick has taken the whole online streaming industry by storm and the fact that you can stream Kodi over it has made it much more interesting.
- Connect your FireStick and Turn it on
- Open Settings.
- Click on Device tab
- Click on Developer Options
- Enable Apps from Unknown Sources
- Head back to the main menu and open the Amazon app store
- Go to the search option and search for IPVanish
- Click on IPVanish from the search results
- Click Install > Click Yes
- After the installation completes, open the app and sign–in to use it
IPVanish is a good enough option for Kodi users because it has all the features that a good VPN should have and it supports a variety of platforms. However, one concerning thing is that IPVanish is not reasonably priced like other VPN providers and that might be a discouraging point for many users.
Other than that, the service and performance are amazing and I personally faced no issues while streaming. One thing to commend over here is that its user interface is quite decent and user-friendly. If it was not for the price, I would have definitely recommended IPVanish for Kodi users but the facts speak otherwise.