Kodi is an open-source streaming application allowing users to stream their favorite content over the web. It has made online streaming quite simple and convenient through a large variety of Kodi addons. Nevertheless, despite their tremendous effort of making life easier for binge watchers, certain complications and threats still bother users.
Online streaming is fun but issues like ISP Throttling, Malware attacks, Authorities’ monitoring, data breaching etc. are what bothers a user the most. This is the reason why using a VPN is recommended while streaming online.
SurfShark is currently one of the best VPN for Kodi because of its super-fast servers and amazing features. Moreover, it offers military grade AES 256-bit encryption that protects users’ identity and enables them to stream and surf anonymously.
Follow this guide to learn more about SurfShark and its compatibility with Kodi.
Is SurfShark the best VPN for Kodi?
I cannot just label any provider as the best VPN for Kodi without analyzing them. There are three things to be taken into consideration before claiming a service to be best for Kodi:
When it comes to security, SurfShark offers top of the line security features along with AES 256 bit encryption and does not keep any logs. SurfShark is one the VPN providers, who have earned users’ trust and are completely reliable in terms of security.
2. No of Servers and Speed
SurfShark has more than 1000 servers in 61+ countries and the best thing is that all of its servers offer great bandwidth.
Speed was one of the main factor behind its rapid growth and overnight popularity. Very few VPN providers possess instant connectivity virtue.
3. Device and OS compatibility
SurfShark is compatible with all the major OS and devices like Windows, Linux, Android, MacOS, iOS, FireOS, Roku, FireStick and FireTV etc.
Based on the analysis of these three factors, there is no doubt that SurfShark is another best VPN for Kodi.
- 1000+ Servers in 61+ countries.
- AES-256 bit Military Grade Encryption.
- Apps for more than 8 different platforms and devices.
- Kill Switch feature included.
- High speed servers.
- Does not fall under 5,9,14 eyes jurisdiction.
- Its 1-month package overpriced
Is SurfShark Compatible with Kodi?
Yes! SurfShark is compatible with Kodi. However, it does not have its own dedicated Kodi addon but you can install the desktop client and then run Kodi. It will still work fine, bypass all geo-restrictions for you, and protect you at the same time.
How to use Kodi with SurfShark on Android
SurfShark is available for Android as well; you can install it over your device by following these steps:
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Click on the search bar and search for “SurfShark”.
- Click on the first result that appears (that will be) Secure VPN app – Surfshark VPN for privacy.
- Now click Install and wait for the app to download and install.
- Once the app is installed, click Open and login to your SurfShark account.
- Now, connect to the server you want to and then open Kodi to start secure streaming.
How to use Kodi with SurfShark on Windows
Follow these steps to install SurfShark for Kodi on Windows:
- Go to the SurfShark order page and subscribe to any of the package plan that suits your need.
- Download the SurfShark desktop client for Windows and install it.
- Open the app after installation and log-in using your credentials.
- Now choose your desired server location and connect to it.
- Now minimize the app and Open Kodi.
- You will now be able to access all the geo-restricted streams and Live TV Kodi add-ons, while the app is running in the background.
How to use Kodi with SurfShark on FireStick
FireStick has taken the whole online streaming industry by storm and the fact that you can stream Kodi over it has made it much more interesting.
- Connect your FireStick and Turn it on
- Open Settings.
- Click on Device tab
- Click on Developer Options
- Enable Apps from Unknown Sources
- Head back to the main menu and open the Amazon app store
- Go to the search option and search for SurfShark
- Click on Surfshark VPN for Fire TV from the search results
- Click Install > Click Yes
- After the installation completes, open the app and sign–in to use it
SurfShark is a great choice for Kodi users because of its amazing features, speed and security protocol. Cyber security is a very serious concern and choosing a service provider is not that easy. A user has to take certain things in to account like the factors discussed in this guide.
Many VPN providers claim to be the best but a few (highly renowned) VPn providers, have been a part of controversies. This has really shook the industry and has sparked trust issues amongst users.
Under such circumstances, I recommend users to opt for SurfShark because it is truly secure and trustworthy. I have personally tested this provider and found it to be true to its claims.