ZenMate is a Germany based VPN provider, who was popular because of its free VPN service, now striving to offer Premium service. Follow this guide as we look at some of the key aspects to determine whether it is one of the best VPN for Kodi or not!
Is ZenMate the best VPN for Kodi?
ZenMate is not such a popular name in the cyber-security industry as it has only been around for approximately 7 years now. ZenMate started as web proxy but it has expanded its horizon over the last few years, evolving into a VPN providers.
Though it has not developed enough to compete with the industry leading VPN providers, yet it has covered a great mile. In addition, ZenMate has a well spread network of servers but the services it is offering are not competitive to the other VPN providers. This is why, calling it one of the best VPN for Kodi would be a little ill-judged.
- Kill switch feature included
- AES-256 bit encryption protocol for desktop client and mobile App
- Reasonably Priced
- Supports major operating systems like Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android
- Large Network of 2200 servers across 37 countries
- Falls under 15-eyes Jurisdiction
- Only 7-days free trial
- Does not support Linux
- App crashes and slow connectivity
Is ZenMate Compatible with Kodi?
ZenMate does not have a dedicated Kodi add-on, nor does it support OpenVPN integration over Kodi. However, it can be used in the background and it works just fine that way.
ZenMate is offering premium services at very low prices, check out these packages they are offering:
How to use Kodi with ZenMate on Android
Users who use Kodi on Android can use ZenMate, as it has a dedicated Android client available on Google Play Store. Follow these steps to download and install ZenMate for Kodi on Android:
- Install Kodi on your Android Device
- Now Go to Google Play Store
- Click on the search bar and search for ZenMate
- Select ZenMate VPN from the search results and click Install
- Once the app is downloaded and installed, open the app and login using your credentials
- Then connect to a server of your choice and minimize the application
- Now Open Kodi and then the addon that you wish to stream with
How to use Kodi with ZenMate on Windows
Follow these steps to install ZenMate on Widows and use with Kodi:
- Visit ZenMate Official Website and subscribe to a plan of your choice
- Download the ZenMate desktop client from the downloads section
- Now install the client and open it after installation completes
- Login to the client using the credentials obtained while subscribing to the service
- Now connect to a server of your choice (e.g. if you wish to unblock streams from UK then connect to a UK server)
- Open Kodi and open the Kodi add-on you want to stream with and enjoy unrestricted access.
ZenMate is overall a fine VPN provider, having all the basic features and a decent desktop client and mobile app. However, it does not offer top of the line features compare to the industry leaders, which is why I would not recommend it as the best VPN for Kodi.
Nevertheless, choose ZenMate for Kodi, if you wish to opt for a VPN provider that is not heavy on your pocket and removes restrictions.