For enjoying seamless streaming with high-speed servers and supreme security, choose ExpressVPN for Kodi. Take a walk through this guide to see everything that you need to know about ExpressVPN and its compatibility with Kodi.
Why is ExpressVPN the best service around VPNs
ExpressVPN is considered as a tyrant because it provides top-notch security protocols and it has never been called out for any DNS or IP leaks. Choosing a best VPN for streaming Kodi is like taking a leap of faith for users and to ensure that they do not lose faith is the first priority of any service provider. Hence, it is recommended to choose a VPN provider that is reliable in terms of security and speed.
One of the best thing about ExpressVPN is that it connects instantly to a server you choose from the list. Other VPN providers would take some time in connecting to the servers but ExpressVPN servers are amazingly fast. This is an important thing to keep in consideration when choosing a VPN for Kodi.
All of these aforementioned qualities affirm that ExpressVPN is the best service around other VPNs. The feedback form ExpressVPN users is positive, which shows that people are highly satisfied with its service. You can see some user reviews present in this guide.
ExpressVPN for Kodi Speed Test
As ExpressVPN has been praised as the fastest VPN for Kodi, I had to make sure that this claim was true before I recommend it to you people. So, I connected to a US server and started streaming on Kodi.
This was the speed I was getting through the ExpressVPN (NewYork) server, while I was streaming on a 2 Mbps connection, which is really amazing. I connected to the ExpressVPN server within 3 to 4 seconds. The streaming was smooth and I faced no lags or interruptions (disconnections).
ExpressVPN for Kodi IP Leak Test
A reliable VPN must have strong encryption protocol and it should ensure that there are no OP or DNS leaks. Therefore, I took an IP and DNS leak test while I was connected to an ExpressVPN server and the results are as follows:
No IP leaks or DNS leaks were found, proving that ExpressVPN is indeed a secure and trustable service provider.
ExpressVPN for Kodi Geo-restricted add-ons check
One of the main reason for using VPN on Kodi is to access geo-restricted add-ons and streams. Almost all of the Live TV add-ons are geo-restricted as their streams cannot be accessed from any other region than the authorize ones.
We tried using ExpressVPN for bypassing the geo-restrictions of Maverick TV and this is what happened:
We were able to access the streams without any problem and the streaming was flawless, no buffering issues or lags.
Is ExpressVPN Compatible with Kodi?
Yes, ExpressVPN is compatible with Kodi though it does not have a dedicated Kodi add-on but it runs in the background. ExpressVPN is indeed one of the best VPN for Kodi as it has high-speed servers and it bypasses the geo-restrictions well without leaking IP or DNS.
Does not matter if you are using Kodi on Windows, Android or any other platform like iOS, macOS, Linux, FireStick and FireTV, Roku, RaspberryPi , ExpressVPN can be used on almost all major operating systems.
How to use Kodi with ExpressVPN on Android
A large number of people use Android devices all over the world for streaming purposes. As the use of Android devices for streaming has increased, cybersecurity issues have also started to grow subsequently. Privacy has become a serious concern for Android users, especially for the ones using their devices for streaming purposes.
Use Kodi with ExpressVPN on Android devices, to ensure your online safety while you enjoy streaming. Follow the procedure mentioned below to install ExpressVPN on your Android device:
- Go to Google Play Store and search for ExpressVPN.
- Click on ExpressVPN – Best Android VPN from the search results.
- Now, click Install and the download will start. The app will be automatically installed after download is complete.
- Click Open.
- After that, click Sign-In from the app interface.
- Enter your account credentials to login to ExpressVPN. (You will be asked if you want to share crash reports etc. click Ok or No Thanks, depending on your preference.0
- Now click Ok to set up your VPN > Click Ok on connection request pop-up.
- Now choose your desired server location and click the power button to turn ON VPN and connect to the server.
Once you have connected to the ExpressVPN server, open Kodi on your device and start streaming. If you have not installed Kodi on your android device yet, then visit our “How to Install/Setup Kodi on Android Devices” guide.
How to use Kodi with ExpressVPN on Windows
Most of the streaming geeks use Kodi on Windows and there is no doubt that it works great on Windows. Follow the procedure demonstrated below to see how to use Kodi with ExpressVPN on Windows:
- Go to ExpressVPN order page and subscribe to any package plan that suits you best.
- Download ExpressVPN windows desktop client.
- After downloading, install the app on your device.
- Open the ExpressVPN client after installation and enter your login credentials provided to you by ExpressVPN upon subscription.
- Now select your desired server location from the list of 160 locations.
- Click the power-icon button to turn VPN ON.
- There you have your ExpressVPN installed and connected. Now launch Kodi and start secure streaming on Windows, while ExpressVPN is running in background. If you haven’t installed Kodi on windows, then follow this guide, “ How to Install Kodi on Windows”.
Install ExpressVPN on Kodi through VPN Manager
If you wish to install ExpressVPN directly on Kodi, you can do so through VPN Manager. Simply follow these steps:
- Go to VPN Manager> Click on VPN Configuration > Click on Settings
- Enter your credentials to login to your ExpressVPN account.
- Click on VPN Connectionstab > Select First VPN Connection.
- Choose any server that you want to connect to, from the list.
- You’ll be connected and now you can enjoy streaming on Kodi with ExpressVPN integrated to it.
How to use Kodi with ExpressVPN on FireStick
Amazon FireStick is indeed one of the best streaming device, especially when you have Kodi installed on it. The best part is that you can use Kodi with Express VPN on FireStick by following these steps:
- Boot your FireStick device > Click on the search bar from the home screen.
- Search for “ExpressVPN”.
- Click “Get” > The app will be downloaded and installed.
- Once the installation is complete, click “Open“.
- Now Sign in to the app, by using your ExpressVPN credentials.
- Click OK to complete configuration and set up a VPN connection
- Choose your desired server location and then click the power button to turn VPN ON.
It’s that simple! Now enjoy streaming with Kodi and having privacy protected through ExpressVPN on FireStick.
Alternate VPN services for Kodi
Despite being the best VPN service provider in the industry, many people have complained about its price i.e GB£6.32/mo . If you are looking for a VPN service that costs lower than ExpressVPN then you can try the following alternate VPN services for Kodi:
ExpressVPN for Kodi Reddit Reviews
I do not believe in misleading my readers and that is why I thought about letting you guys see some user feedbacks regarding ExpressVPN. Here, look:
This person used ExpressVPN for watching Netflix through a UK server and the feedback is positive. As I mentioned earlier, ExpressVPN has great server speed, which is a big plus for streaming.
This user’s concern of not having a dedicated Kodi add-on is quite relevant because it really does create a hassle. However, the accessibility and protection will not be compromised if you are using the best VPN for Kodi.
By now, you should have a clear picture of what is offered by ExpressVPN for Kodi and why is it the best VPN for Kodi. I have tried covering all the essential aspects related to ExpressVPN for Kodi, from its installation to its compatibility. ExpressVPN is indeed a great option for Kodi users and I personally recommend it to everyone, especially for streaming.
VPN is no longer an option but rather a need nowadays because of the growing cyber threats and privacy issues. Online streaming industry is growing day by day and keeping this growth in mind, spreading cyber security awareness is must.