How to Watch NHL 2017/2018 Live Online Free on Kodi Without Cable
The 2017-2018 season of NHL begins on Oct 4 which will also mark the league’s 100th anniversary. The league will begin with 31 teams that will play their matches in 31 different arenas. The championship will conclude on April 7, 2018.
In this guide, we provide a tutorial on how to watch NHL on Kodi. We have listed an official add-on guide along with a tutorial for third-party add-ons.
How to Watch NHL on Kodi Using Rising Tides Without Cable
There is a fine list of Kodi add-ons that features all the live matches of NHL on Kodi. We have provided an installation guide for Rising Tide Kodi add-on where you can watch NHL matches without any subscription. Other third-party add-ons include Elektra Vault and Sports World.
How to Watch NHL on Kodi Krypton Version 17 or Higher (Unofficial Add-on)
- Open Kodi on your system > Go to Settings (Gear-shaped icon on top) > Select File Manager box > Scroll down and double click Add Source.
- A box will open in front of your screen, click on ‘None’ > Now it will ask for you to type repository URL http://mullafabz.net.rw/Repository/ > Click OK > Now type the media source name which is also the name for Repository, so type ‘Mullafabz’ > Click OK to close the box.
- Once the box closes you need to go back to Kodi Home Screen > Go to Add-ons > tap on the Package Installer icon on top (a box-shaped icon).
- Select the option called ‘Install from Zip File’ > A box will appear where you need to scroll down and click on ‘Mullafabz’ > Now click on repository.Rising.Tides.zip > Now wait for the installation to end.
- Once installation is completed, go to Install from Repository option > Scroll down and click on Rising Tide Repository > Video Add-ons > Then select Rising Tide from the list > Then press Install.
- To view NHL games, then you need to go back to Kodi Home Screen > Click on Add-ons > Then select Video Add-ons > Rising Tide > Click on Sports Channel option > Here you will see a list of sports channels. Find NHL Network HD or NBCSN to view NHL matches live.
How to Watch NHL on Kodi Jarvis Version 16 or Below
- Open Kodi Jarvis > Click on System > Then go to File Manager > Here you see Add Source option, double click on it.
- Click ‘None’ when the dialogue box appears > Type Repository URL http://mullafabz.net.rw/Repository/ > Click Done > Type Repository Name ‘Mullafabz’ > Click Done > Click OK.
- Now going back to Kodi Main Menu > Select System Menu again > Then click on Add-ons > Install from Zip File > Mullafabz > Repository.Rising.Tides.zip > Install from Repository > Rising Tide Repository > Video Add-ons > Rising Tide > Click Install.
- Open Rising Tide Kodi add-on > Go to Sports Channels > Find NHL Network HD or NBCSN to view live matches.
How to Watch NHL on Kodi Krypton Version 17 or Higher (Official Add-on)
If you don’t want to be let down by low quality or any other interruptions, then you better install an official NHL Kodi add-on that features NHL live matches. There are two similar official Kodi add-ons i.e. NHL.TV and NHL Game Center. Subscription charges for NHL.TV is $19.99.month or $119.99/yearly.
Here we have discussed how to install NHL.TV on Kodi:
Open Kodi Krypton > Go to Add-ons > Then Box icon located in the top-left corner.
Now select Install from Repository option > Find and click on Kodi Add-on Repository.
Click on Video Add-ons > Scroll down to find NHL.tv and click on it > Select Install > Wait for the installation to complete.
Go back to Kodi Home Screen > Add-ons > Video Add-ons > NHL.tv > Log in with your credentials > Watch live games and highlights.
ICANUCK Kodi (ICANUCK NHL Streams)
ICANUCK was an old NHL repository which was found in the Fusion Repository. Since there was a crackdown against TVAddons, many other repositories fell with it, and ICANUCK NHL Streams was also the one.
NHL.TV has now become an official add-on that could be found in the Kodi Add-on repository. There is no need for installing ICANUCK repository which doesn’t exist anymore. There is a simple installation process for NHL.TV mentioned above.
NHL Streams Kodi Not Working
Due to the crackdown on Kodi third-party add-ons by law enforcement, there were multiple add-ons that stopped working. As a result, NHL streams were unable to show live matches. However, many other add-ons have stepped up that are currently showing NFL and NBA matches. By following our above-mentioned guides, you can watch NHL matches live.
Wrapping it All Up
With only a day left in the beginning of National Hockey League, we have provided various methods to watch NHL matches online. There is one official method with official add-ons, and there is one unofficial method with third-party add-ons. A subscription fee of $19.99/month applies for official Kodi add-on, while no subscription fee applies to third-party add-ons.