How to Install Vortex on Kodi Krypton And Jarvis in Less Than 6 Minutes
What is Vortex on Kodi
Vortex is the new sports and music add-on developed by the two giants of the tech industry i.e. Rock Crusher and Dreamweaver. This add-on cover many special sports events including Football, UFC, Motor Sports, and so much more.
Rock Crusher and Dreamweaver never compromises on quality, so you can expect nothing less than perfect from the two. In this guide, we discuss how to install Vortex on Kodi. To install this add-on, follow the steps highlighted below for Krypton and Jarvis.
How to Install Vortex on Kodi Krypton Version 17 or Higher
- Open Kodi Krypton 17 on your system > Tap on Settings icon (a gear-shaped icon) located at the top > Now select File Manager option.
- Here you see a list of repository sources, scroll down and Double Click on Add Source > A box will appear where you have to click ‘None’ > Then type the Repository URL http://www.rockodi.com/ and click OK > Now type the Name of the media source ‘Rock’ and click OK > Click OK again.
- To continue with third step, go to Kodi Main Menu > Click on Add-ons > Now tap on Package Installer icon (a box-shaped icon) top-left corner.
- Click on Install from Zip File > A box will appear in which you have to scroll down and click on ‘Rock’ > repository.Rockcrusher-1.6.zip > It will take some time to install the repository.
- Now click on Install from Repository > Rockcrusher Repository > Video Add-ons > Find and Click on Vortex from the list > Now click on Install > Wait for it to install the add-on.
- To view the add-on, go back to Kodi Main Menu > Click on Add-ons tab > Now click on Video Add-ons > If you look to the right side of your screen, you will see a list of kodi add-ons, scroll down to find Vortex and click on it. Start using Vortex add-on.
How to Install Vortex on Kodi Jarvis Version 16 or Below
- Open Kodi Jarvis 16 on your system > Click on Systems option located at the bottom of the screen > Now select File Manager.
- Double click Add Source that you may find at the end of the list > A pop-up box now appears, click ‘None’ > Type URL http://www.rockodi.com and click Done > Type Name ‘Rock’ and click Done > Now click OK.
- Go back to Kodi Home Screen > Select Systems option again > Then click on Add-ons > Install from Zip File > Select ‘Rock’ from the list > Click on repository.Rockcrusher-1.6.zip > Now wait for it to install.
- Now click on Install from Repository > Rockcrusher Repository > Click on Video Add-ons > Vortex > Install > Wait for it to install the add-on.
Download Vortex Repo
Vortex add-on is found in the Rock Crusher repository. You can also download this repository directly on your system which erases some of the steps highlighted above. Click Here to download the Vortex Repository and follow the steps below:
- Once you download the zip file and save it on your system, Open Kodi > Click on Add-ons > Package Installer icon.
- Install from Zip File > Navigate the zip file that you downloaded. Once you navigate the file, it will take few minutes to install.
- Now click on Install from Repository > Rockcrusher Repo > Video Add-ons > Vortex > Install > Enjoy!
Vortex Kodi Not Working/Errors/Issues
Vortex was previously available in Stream Add-ons Repository. However, it now has its own repository Rockcrusher where you can install Vortex with ease. The transition from Stream Add-ons to a separate Vortex add-on has led to the add-on to cause some issues. This blog covers the latest guideline to install Vortex which works perfectly.
Vortex Add-on Not Working
Vorte was working fine until the change of the repository. Now that it has a separate new repository, it is up and running well on Kodi.
Kodi Vortex Reviews
Vortex lets you watch many sporting events including Motor Sports racing live online. Many Kodi users switch on their Vortex add-on on Kodi for viewing online sports without subscription.
— Nick Anghel (@nickanghel) May 13, 2017
Kodi users also perceive Vortex as the top add-on because of its HD streaming. Most importantly, all of its streaming works brilliantly without failing to load the media content.
— Nick Anghel (@nickanghel) February 13, 2017
To Add Things Up
Vortex, a new name in the Kodi world has taken over the sports and music add-on category. It is the product of the two popular names in the Kodi world Rock Crusher and Dreamweaver. It covers many sporting events including the UFC PPV events which is difficult to view online for free. In this guide, we discuss how to install Vortex on Kodi and watch live sports. Check out our kodi vpn guide.