How to Install SALTS(Stream All The Sources) on Kodi in Less Than 2 Minutes
Update: SALTS Kodi add-on no longer streams any media content. It consistently gives an error ‘No sources Found’.
Streaming All The Sources (SALTS) is the best option for viewing HD movies and TV shows on Kodi. Competing with all-time popular Kodi add-on Exodus, it offers a complete set of entertainment for your family. Only a few best kodi add-ons would provide HD video quality with few broken links, SALTS is one of them.
This guide briefs Kodi users on how to install SALTS on Kodi. We mention the steps to install SALTS on Kodi Krypton and Kodi Jarvis.
How To Install SALTS on Kodi Jarvis Version 16
How To Install SALTS on Kodi Fire Stick
How To Install SALTS on Kodi Boxes
SALTS vs Exodus
SALTS Not Working/Errors/Issues on Kodi
SALTS Kodi Forum and Library
How to Install SALTS on Kodi Krypton Version 17 or Higher
- Open Kodi Krypton on system > Click on gear icon on top also called Settings icon > Then you need to select File Manager option > Now scroll down and double click on Add Source on left side of the screen.
- Click ‘None’ option when a box appears > Here it will ask of you to type Repository URL, so type http://kdil.co/repo/ > Then click OK > Just below it asks for the name of the Repository or media source, so type Kodil > Now click OK to close the box.
- Now go back to Kodi Home by pressing ‘Backspace’ key on your keyboard multiple times to proceed with further steps > Then click on Add-ons > Now select Package Installer icon.
- You will see a few options on your screen where you need to click on Install from Zip File > Then a box will appear, find and click on Kodil > Then kodil.zip > Wait few minutes for the installation to take place.
- Once the installation is completed, go to Install from Repository option > Now scroll down the list and click on Kodil > Now select Video Add-ons from options > Then find SALTS and click Install.
- Go back to Kodi Home if you need to view what’s inside of this add-on > Now select Add-ons > Video Add-ons > SALTS > Movies > Enjoy!
How to Install SALTS on Kodi Jarvis Version 16 or Below
- Open your Kodi software > It will open to a list of menu placed horizontally on your screen, now click on System menu > Now File Manager > Then double click Add Source.
- Click on ‘None’ option once the box appears on your screen > Now type Kodil Repository URL http://kdil.co/repo/ and click Done > Now type the media source name ‘Kodil’ and click Done > Now to close the box, click OK.
- You need to go back to Kodi Main Menu to continue with further steps > Then click on Add-ons > Box-icon > Then Install from Zip File option.
- Scroll down and click on Kodil > Then kodil.zip > Now click on Install from Repository > Kodil Repository > Video Add-ons > Now select SALTS > Click Install > Enjoy!
How to Install SALTS on Kodi Fire Stick
- Open Fire Stick > Go to Settings > Click on Developer Option > Then you need to Turn ON Apps from Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging.
- Select OK when a box will appear to give you warning.
- Get back to Fire Stick Home > Now select the Search option and type ‘Kodi’ and click on it.
- Once you open Kodi, you need to follow the same steps as discussed for Kodi Krypton and Kodi Jarvis.
- Read our kodi firestick/firetv easy installation guide.
How to Install SALTS on Kodi Boxes
Best Kodi fully loaded boxes are illegal in many countries, so if you have any of those boxes then you already have SALTS installed. But in case you have a Kodi box which isn’t fully loaded, then you must follow some basic steps.
If you have an Android Kodi box, then you can easily find Kodi from Google Play Store which you can install directly. Once installed, you can follow the steps that are highlighted for Kodi Krypton or Jarvis. The steps remain the same for all Kodi boxes.
SALTS vs Exodus
SALTS and Exodus Kodi add-on were introduced one after the other when Kodi hit the market. Exodus however, gain popularity amongst Kodi fans and soon hit the spotlight. SALTS also became a popular add-on but it was considered an equal to Exodus.
Rightly so, when law enforcement began its crackdown against third-party kodi add-ons, SALTS cracked soon enough, but Exodus held its ground. Over the years, Exodus has stood tall despite the hardship that came across, and that’s the major difference between the two add-ons.
SALTS Not Working/Errors/Issues on Kodi
SALTS was never the same when there was a crackdown by the law enforcement against third-party add-ons. Restrictions were enforced on showing copyright content which led to the closure of popular add-ons. Since then, SALTS faced many issues and amongst which some of them are provided below:
SALTS Failed to Install a Dependency
When you try to install the zip file to complete the add-on installation process, it gives ‘Failed to Install a Dependency Error’. This may be caused due to several reasons. One reason for this error to occur when repository is not working. Another reason why this error arises is because of any update being performed in the repository.
We have two solutions for the two reasons why this error appears. If its due to a failed repository, then we recommend that you use Kodil repository as discussed in this tutorial guide. However, if this error occurs because of any update being made in the repository, then you must wait out for an hour or so and try installing again.
SALTS No Sources Found
You might feel disgruntled when you see ‘No Sources Found’ error that occurs frequently in SALTS Kodi add-on. Whenever you hit any movie for streaming, it loads for a few minutes and then ditching you at the last moment.
If something like that happens, its because the stream is no longer available and you might need to try other movie or TV show.
You might want to clear all the cache before you start streaming sources provided by SALTS. Learn all about clearing cache on Kodi.
SALTS Kodi Forum
Since SALTS is a third-party add-on and is considered illegal in many countries, therefore there are no official forums available. However, if you want to get involved in SALTS related discussion, you need to consider Reddit post.
SALTS Kodi Library
SALTS offer variety of entertainment media content for Kodi users, the list for SALTS Kodi library is listed below:
- TV Shows
Wrapping it Up
SALTS Kodi add-on is famous for its all-round entertainment media content that it offers Kodi users. SALTS also offers HD viewing of its content which makes it a useful Kodi add-on. In this guide we discussed how to install SALTS on Kodi, so install this add-on and enjoy movies and TV shows in HD.