Phoenix Kodi is one of the oldest addon for Kodi with huge library of video content and Live TV. You can watch your favorite movies/TV shows and access thousands of quality streaming links through Kodi Pheonix addon.
However the older Pheonix Rises addons is inactive and not working anymore, but there is a newer version of this which is Phoenix Reborn and this guide lists the step for installing Phoenix Reborn Kodi addon on your device. Keep reading!
⚠️ Streaming free content through third party Kodi builds and addons like Phoenix is very risky and it sometimes get users in trouble with the law. This is due to streaming the pirated, copyrighted, or censored content through these addons. So, it is a wise choice to use a VPN Service with Kodi.
A Kodi VPN helps you be anonymous online from hackers, phishers, spammers, and even from ISPs and let you stream geo-restricted content even through torrent links.
Phoenix Repo Kodi
In the world of Kodi addons, old repositories abandoned and expires sometimes while new repositories replace their place. Even sometimes you have to wait a bit for the new working repository to replace already broken or outdated repository.
You’ll always find the latest and best working repositories for Phoenix addon here. We check for these repositories frequently and update them accordingly.
Kodi Phoenix Repo Name: Kodi Phoenix Reborn Repository
Kodi Phoenix Repo URL: http://phoenixrebornbuild.com.hr/phoenixrepo/
How to Install Phoenix Kodi Addon on Leia & Krypton (Version 17 or Higher)
1. Open Kodi media player and go to the Settings
2. Select System option
3. Click on Add-ons and then enable Unknown Sources
4. Click Yes when the message prompts
5. Now go one step back to the Settings menu and then click on File Manager
6. Double click on Add Source
7. A box will open, so click None
8. Now enter URL http://phoenixrebornbuild.com.hr/phoenixrepo/ and click OK
9. Enter the name i.e. Phoenix Repo and click OK to close the box
10. Go one step back to the Settings menu and then click on Add-ons
11. Select Install from Zip File
12. A box will open where you will need to click on Phoenix Repo
13. Now select repository.phoenixreborn-1.6.6.zip and wait till installation completed
14. Once installed, click on Install from Repository
15. Find and click on Kodi Phoenix Reborn Repository
16. Now select Video Add-ons and then click on Phoenix Reborn Free TV List Addon
17. Press Install
18. Click OK
How to Install Phoenix Addon on Kodi Jarvis (Version 16 or Lower)
- Open Kodi.
- Go to the System.
- File Manager.
- Double Click on Add source.
- Click ‘None’ > Enter http://phoenixrebornbuild.com.hr/phoenixrepo/ > Click Done.
- Name it Phoenix Repo > Click Done > Click OK.
- Go back to home screen > Click System.
- Click on Add–ons > Install from zip file
- Select Phoenix Repo > Click repository.phoenixreborn-1.6.6.zip > Wait for a few moments.
- Click Install from repository > Kodi Phoenix Reborn Repository > Phoenix Reborn Free TV List Addon > Install > OK > Wait again for the notification.
How to Get a VPN Protection on Kodi (49% Off Coupon)
Before you start streaming from the Phoenix Kodi addon, you must be using a secure VPN to stay away from your ISP tracking. The number one recommended VPN for Kodi users is ExpressVPN. You can use it on 5 devices simultaneously.
- Sign up for a ExpressVPN account and download its app on your device
- Run the app and sign in with your credentials
- Connect to the fastest server and start streaming videos on Kodi
Phoenix Kodi Addon Description & Details
While installing Phoenix Kodi addons you have different options like Phoenix Free TV Lists Addon, Phoenix Movie Addon, Phoenix Kids Addon. You can install based on your interests. You can watch new and old movies with tons of quality links as well as Live TV shows from across the world.
Phoenix Kodi older version (Phoenix Rises) is no longer working and it is being replaced by the new version (Phoenix Reborn) which is also as good as the older one. Below is the screenshot of the Travel Channel streaming live through Phoenix Reborn addon.
Phoenix Kodi Addon (Direct Installation Method)
Phoenix Kodi add-on has another installation method that requires you to download the Phoenix Repository zip file directly on Kodi. This method can cut off the initial 3 steps as highlighted in the Kodi Krypton setup above. Here are the steps below:
- Download the Phoenix Zip File and save it on your system.
- Launch Kodi > Click on Add-ons tab > Select Box-icon > Then Install from Zip File.
- When the box appears, you need to upload the downloaded Zip File > The installation will start.
- Now click on Install from Repository option > Kodi Phoenix Reborn Repository > Video Add-ons > Phoenix Reborn Free TV List Addon > Install > OK.
How to Install Phoenix on Kodi Firestick
Other than Amazon Firestick apps, Phoenix is one famous addon for Firestick. To directly install Phoenix on Fire TV Stick, it is necessary that you install ES File Explorer and then install the zip file.
- To install ES File Explorer, follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to Firestick Home Screen > Click on Settings > Select System > Developer Option > Turn ON Apps from Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging option.
- A box will pop-up to declare warning, select OK
- Now follow the same steps mentioned earlier in this guide
A lot of users face errors like no stream available on Phoenix while watching it on Firestick. However, the best way to fix this error is by installing the best vpn for Firestick.
Kodi Phoenix Not Working / Errors / Fixes
If you’re facing Kodi not working issues regularly and haven’t got a working solution yet, then we highly recommend you to check our guide on “8 Common Fixes for Kodi Not Working Errors“.
Kodi Phoenix Installation Failed
This error is prompted due to many reasons including failure of the internet and shutting down of the repository. If you had previously installed a repository that is currently been shut down, you might see the add-ons listed on its add-on section. However, when you proceed for the installation, it prompts ‘Installation Failed’ error.
Check your internet connection before proceeding towards installing Phoenix, otherwise the installation would fail again. Another technique that resolves the problem is to check for the repository that is currently working and hasn’t been shut down.
Phoenix Error Check Log
While trying to install an add-on you might have encountered this error. This error appears if there are some files missing in the add-on repository from which you are trying to install the add-on. Another reason behind this error is having a filled up cache or back-end data.
You can fix this error by first trying to clear cache on Kodi. If cache clearing helps then the repository is fine. Otherwise, try to use a different and reliable repository for installing the add-on. The add-on repository we have mentioned on our blog is tried and tested.
Kodi Phoenix No Stream Available
You may also face an error while using Phoenix stating, ‘No streams Available’. This means that either the stream you’re looking for is new and not yet available or either it is too old to grab.
As for the add-on, Phoenix might not be able to catch any stream from the provider. The reason may be because of your network connectivity, firewall, or your cache.
Well, this error can easily be fixed. Follow the following steps to fix this error:
- Go to the Main Menu> Open Tools.
- Click on Clear Providers> Click yes> A notification stating ‘Process complete’ will pop-up.
- Now click on Clear Cache> Click yes > A notification stating ‘Process complete’ will pop-up.
- Click on General > Go to Providers Timeout> Decrease it to 20> Click OK.
- Again click on General> Click on Playback from the left-hand menu> Turn off Hosters with Captchas> Click OK.
- Now select Subtitles from the Tools menu> Enable Subtitles> Click OK.
- If you have an unstable or slow internet connection then,
Go to Tools Menu> Select General> Click on Playback from the left-hand menu> Go to Max quality> Decrease the video quality for the better streaming experience.
Phoenix Can’t Connect to the Server
This is a rare error and does not occur usually but if it does, it means that either it is your internet connection that is unstable or the repository source has been moved to a new URL.
First, check the repository URL and see if it is online or not. Secondly, Check your internet connection and make sure that your network connection is stable. If the error persists, try installing the add-on from a different repository.
Phoenix Could Not Connect to Repository Error
This error occurs while trying to install the add-on and this might be because of a broken source link or the repository source that you have added might be incorrect.
Check the repository source link that you have entered in the file Manager and verify whether the add-on repository is working or not. If the repository is down then search for and add an alternate repository source.
How to Update Phoenix on Kodi
Although Kodi updates addons automatically, however you can manually update addons to watch the latest content. Here is how you can update an addon on Kodi.
- Go to the Add-ons tab > Video add-ons
- Right click on the Phoenix addon > Information
- Click on Update > Select the latest Version available
How to Uninstall Phoenix Addon on Kodi
Uninstalling an addon in Kodi is a simple 3 steps process. If you’re familiar with the Kodi environment, You can easily navigate and perform different actions on Kodi including uninstalling an addon.
- Go to the Add-ons tab > Video add-ons
- Right click on the Phoenix addon > Information
- Click on Uninstall > Yes > Yes
Kodi Phoenix Replacement: Alternative Addons
If Phoenix is not working for you, or you want to try other similar addons, here is our list of best Phoenix alternatives for Kodi.
How to Install Phoenix on Kodi: FAQs
❓ Will I Need a VPN for Phoenix Addon on Kodi?
Using a VPN with Kodi addons is not necessary but it is highly recommended. Phoenix just like other third party addons sources free content from the web which is sometimes pirated and cause copyright issues. So, you should remain on safe side by using a VPN if you’re from the country which has strong Internet surveillance and related law.
Moreover, a VPN let you access blocked content which you can’t stream otherwise.
❓ Can Phoenix Addon be Installed on Fire TV Stick?
Yes, Phoenix addon can easily be installed on Fire TV devices. We have discussed this above in detail. Refer to the section “How to Install Phoenix on Kodi Fire TV Stick” above for instructions.
❓ What’s the difference between a Kodi Addon and a Build?
A Kodi addon is a piece of code compiled for a specific function to perform on Kodi. There are addons for Video, Music, Programs etc. Whereas a build is a more complex code, written with a lot of addons, skins, wizards, and additional functions to give Kodi users a visual all in one platform for their Kodi entertainment.
❓ Is Phoenix Addon Legal?
Using Phoenix addon on Kodi is legal itself but you have to make sure the content you’re watching through Phoenix is not pirated or censored. As these addons get links from the web and there is a chance that these web sources may hosting copyrighted content which is not allowed to distribute freely. Always use a VPN with third party addons to remain on a safe side.
❓ What is the Best Addon for Firestick?
Phoenix is a good addon that is available for Kodi users. There are some alternatives to this that we have discussed above. However Kodi Covenant, Exodus V8, Exodus Redux, Magic Dragon, Venom, The Crew, and Seren 2.0 are some of the best addons working right now.
Adding Things Up
Kodi Phoenix addon was once one of the best choice for Kodi users. But it was abandoned a long time ago and the people have started using other alternatives. However, it is again available to the community with a newer version and a new name “Phoenix Reborn” with all the great features of its ancestor addon. I will recommend you to give it a try.
Using a secure VPN service with the Phoenix Kodi addon is highly recommended for safe unrestricted entertainment. It keeps your identity hidden from online threats and even from your ISP and helps you access geo-restricted content in your country even through torrent links.