How to Install Kong TV on Kodi – Estimate Time is 3 Minutes
Update: This add-on can no longer be found in the King Kong Repository or any other Kodi repository. Due to copyright reasons, the entire repository has been taken down.
Kong TV lets you watch hundreds of IPTV channels from around the world with the best video quality on your Kodi device. It has separate sections divided for many categories i.e. Movies, Sports, Live TV, Documentaries, Kids, and so much more. Sources for the content provided by Kong TV have very few bad links and that is what makes this add-on great.
In this guide, we have discussed a complete process on how to install Kong TV on Kodi. Let us begin.
- How to Install Kong TV on Kodi 16
- Kong TV Not Working/Issues/Errors
- Download Kong TV APK
- Kong TV Kodi Reviews
- Kong TV Kodi Repo Download
How to Install Kong TV on Kodi Krypton Version 17 or Higher
- First you need to Open Kodi Krypton > Then select Settings icon on top menu > Go to File Manager.
- Scroll down to the menu and double click on Add Source on left side of your screen > A box will open where you have to click on ‘None’ option > Type the URL http://devraiden.com/repo/ > Click OK > Now type the name of the repository i.e. King Kong Repo > Click OK to close the box.
- Go back to Kodi Home by pressing on ‘Backspace’ key on your keyboard > Go to Add-ons menu > Click on Package Installer (Box-icon) on top.
- List of options will be presented, so click on Install from Zip File > From the box opened on your screen click on King Kong Repo > Repository.KingKong.zip > It will take a few minutes to install.
- Tap on Install from Repository option > Find and click on King Kong Repository > Then Video Add-ons > Kong TV > Install.
- To view the add-on, go to Kodi Home > Then Add-ons > Video Add-ons > Kong TV > Enjoy live TV!
How to Install Kong TV on Kodi Jarvis Version 16 or Below
- Launch Kodi Jarvis on your system> Select System option from the menu > Click on File Manager from the sub-menu option > Then Double Click on Add Source.
- Click ‘None’ when the box opens > Type the URL http://devraiden.com/repo/ > Click Done > Then type the name i.e. King Kong Repo > Click OK.
- Go back to Kodi Main Menu > Select System menu again > Tap on Add-ons > Now click on Install from Zip File > King Kong Repo > Then select repository.kingkong.zip
- Go to Install from Repository > Then select King Kong Repository > Click on Video Add-ons > Kong TV > Install
Kong TV Not Working/Issues/Errors
You may various types of errors and bugs with a kong tv add-on. Since these channels are aired from all around the world, therefore many Kodi user face these errors. Some of them are highlighted below:
Failed to Install Dependency
Whenever this error occurs, this means two things. It could mean whether the add-on or repository no longer exists, or the add-on or repository is updating. There could be no third option when you view this error.
Resolving this issue often involves waiting a few minutes and then trying again to install the particular add-on. If it still doesn’t work then it means there is some problem with the add-on that needs to be fixed. Waiting for a few minutes will ensure that the add-on gets updated.
No Streaming/Source Available
Although Kong TV airs most of the channels that are mentioned on their list, but some of them are geographical restricted. This means, these channels won’t air unless they are viewed in their own specific country origin. Otherwise, it will show ‘No Source Available’.
There is a simple solution to resolve this issue, and that is to get a Kodi VPN. It will allow you to unblock geo-restrictions and keep your system safe from external threats and spammers.
Kong TV APK
Kong TV currently does not have its own APK. Therefore, it is recommended to download Kong TV on Kodi Fire Stick device. Similar steps are followed as discussed for Kodi Krypton in the above section.
Kong TV Kodi Reviews
@_PYDev_ Hi. Love the Kong addons. In Aeon Nox Silvo, I can’t add KongTV or KongKids to my build. Freezes every time I click add shortcut
— Ronald Kapeller (@rkapeller) August 2, 2017
Viewing the response of Kodi users, it may seem that Kong TV does not seem to work properly when installing a new Kodi skin. One Kodi user pointed out that Kong TV does not blend well with Aeon Nox Silvo Skin, and therefore freezes after every few minutes.
@ASB_YT Ref the KongTV App ……. all channels go off after 3 or 4 minutes.
— Pat (@Whelts) August 1, 2017
Another common review posted by Kodi users is its failure to maintain IPTV channels. Many complaints are targeted towards shutting down of channels after every 3 to 4 minutes. This means that Kong TV has a bug to fix that are frequently occurring.
Kong TV Kodi Repo Download
King Kong Repository can be installed with a Zip File and from there you can install Kong TV add-on directly on Kodi. Follow the steps highlighted below:
- Download Kong TV Repository
- Open Kodi > Go to Add-ons > Select Box-icon on top > Then Install from Zip File > Navigate or Upload the downloaded Zip File.
- Go to Install from Repository > King Kong Repository > Video Add-ons > Click on Kong TV > Then Install.
Wrapping it Up
Kong TV is gaining tremendous popularity due to its coverage of hundreds of IPTV channels. Kong TV can be found in KingKong Repository along with other great kodi add-ons. It offers channels in good video quality and has fewer bad links. In this guide, we discussed how to install Kong TV on Kodi.