How to Install IceFilms on Kodi in Less Than 4 Minutes
Update: The add-on has been shut down by its developer because its errors could not be resolved. The add-on was working when its tutorial guide was written.
For many years around, IceFilms has lived up to its expectations as one of the best movie add-on in the Kodi world. Addition of some great movies and TV shows add-ons under the umbrella of best kodi addons have made it difficult for IceFilms to gain much in popularity after the demise of Fusion repository. However, it is now available in Smash Repository.
In this guide we will provide detailed steps on how to install IceFilms on Kodi so you can movies all day long.
How to Install IceFilms on Kodi Krypton Version 17 or Higher
- Open Kodi > Then go to Settings > Click on File Manager > Now double click Add Source > A box will appear so click ‘None’.
- Type the URL for Repository http://dimitrology.com/repo/ > Then click OK > If you look at the bottom it will ask for the media source name, so type ‘Dimitrology’ > Then click OK.
- Go to Kodi Home > Then select Add-ons option that appears on the left-side menu > Now click on Box-icon located on top menu.
- On this page you need to select Install from Zip File option > Scroll down to click on ‘Dimitrology’ > Scroll down again to select repository.smash-1.0.1.zip > It will take time to install the repository.
- Once installed, click on Install from Repository > Then select Smash Repository > Go to Video Add-ons > Then IceFilms > Press Install > Now wait for the installation to take place.
- Once completed, go back to Kodi Home Screen > Click on Add-ons > Then Video Add-ons > Finally you get to click on IceFilms > Select Movies section and Enjoy!
How to Install IceFilms on Kodi Jarvis Version 16 or Below
- Open Kodi Jarvis > On front of your screen click on System > Then click on File Manager > Scroll down to double click on Add Source.
- Click on ‘None’ when the dialogue box open > The type this URL http://dimitrology.com/repo/ and click Done > Now type this name ‘Dimitrology’ and again click on Done if the option appears > Then click OK to close the box.
- Now go to Kodi Home > Click on System > Then Add-ons > Install from Zip File option > This brings you to another box where you need to click on Dimitrology > Then repository.smash-1.0.1.zip
- Now click on Install from Repository > This would lead you to a number of repositories, so click on Smash Repository > Video Add-ons > IceFilms > Install > Enjoy Movies and TV shows!
IceFilms Download Zip URL
There is a possibility that you can skip the first three steps in the installation of IceFilms Kodi 2017 by following below steps:
- Download IceFilms Zip File from HERE and save it onto your computer.
- Open Kodi Krypton > Then go to Add-ons > Box icon > Click on Install from Zip File option and from there Navigate the downloaded file and wait for the installation.
- Go to Install from Repository > Smash Repository > Video Add-ons > Then IceFilms > Install > Enjoy!
IceFilms Not Working/Fixes/Issues on Kodi
When Fusion Repository was taken down by the law enforcement, IceFilms had to find other kodi repositories to fit in, and that’s where errors started to occur. Some of the errors and their fixes are provided below:
IceFilms Failed to Install Dependency
IceFilms Kodi 2017 was first available on Fusion Repository. After the collapse of Fusion, many Kodi users tried to install the add-on but it displayed ‘Failed to Install Dependency’ error. This means that the repository on which this add-on was available, lacked some necessary files.
IceFilms is now available in Smash Repository that works perfectly. In our guide above we have discussed the same approach pertaining to Smash Repository.
IceFilms Fails to Stream
Kodi users are also found complaining regarding the add-on’s failure to stream anything. These issues are related to the developers of IceFilms i.e. Eldorado. The add-on fails to catch the outside links and is unable to provide streaming service.
For this type of error, it is better to wait for the developers to fix this issue and then try accessing the add-on after a few minutes. Sometimes even an update can cause the add-on to behave in such a manner.
IceFilms Kodi Reviews
Those 3 are working great icefilms not scraping well. Have it from smash repo and he says not fixed
— MO (@kh_mar) September 20, 2017
Daily errors and bugs have led to a stronger response from Kodi users in the past month. The most common of them is its scraping problem. IceFilms is introduced by Smash repo after it was ditched by Fusion Repository. Since then, it has lost its charm.
Why use icefilms when convenant has everything mate?
— Shaun Bradley (@ShaunBradders) August 19, 2017
It seems like Covenant has got all the spotlight in such a short span of time that it has uprooted a great video add-on of its time. As there are too much errors in IceFilms add-on, Kodi users prefer a most simple solution i.e. installing Covenant. This has resulted in the decrease in popularity for IceFilms.
Wrapping it Up
IceFilms might not be the same as it was before, but it still provides long hours of entertainment. You can watch all the latest movies when you install Icefilms on Kodi. This add-on can be found in Smash Repository and has since lost its charm.