How to Install Genesis Reborn on Kodi – Video Tutorial Included
From the ashes of Genesis, a new add-on was born and named Genesis Reborn. With enhanced features and updated links, Genesis Reborn has truly earned its name in the Kodi world. It is soon to become one of the most popular video add-on for Kodi and match its preference with Exodus or Covenant.
In this guide, we provide detailed steps on how to install Genesis Reborn on Kodi. With Genesis Reborn installed, you can watch movies and TV shows all day long. Genesis Reborn is among some of the addons which works on Xbox One Kodi as well.
Special Offer: 77% Off
Special Offer: 63% Off
How to Install Genesis Reborn on Kodi – Video Guide
How to Install Genesis Reborn on Kodi Krypton Version 17 or Higher
- Open Kodi on your system > Click on Settings icon, a gear-type icon located at the top > Click on File Manager option > Now scroll down to double click on Add Source.
- When you double click on Add Source you will see a box appear on your screen > It would require a repository URL so type http://jesusboxrepo.xyz/repo/ > Now type the name of the repository ‘Jesus Box’ > Click OK and Click OK again so that the box closes.
- Once the box closes, you need to go back to Kodi Home Screen by click on ‘Esc’ button on your keyboard > Now click on Add-ons tab > Here you are to click on Package Installer box icon.
- From there you need to click on Install from Zip File > Click on Jesus Box > You are now been provided with multiple options, click on Repository.Jesusboxtv-1.0.3 > It will take few moments to install the repo.
- Now select the option Install from Repository > Click Jesus Box Repository > Video Add-ons > Genesis Reborn > Install > Wait until the add-on is installed.
- To watch movies and TV shows on Genesis Reborn Kodi add-on, go to Kodi Main Menu > Click on Kodi Add-ons > Video Add-ons > Genesis Reborn.
How to Install Genesis Reborn on Kodi Jarvis Version 16 or Below
- Open Kodi Jarvis on your computer > Then click on Systems option located at the front > Now click on File Manager > Double click on Add Source where you get a box > Copy and Paste the URL http://jesusboxrepo.xyz/repo/ and click Done > Name the repository ‘Jesus Box’ and click Done > Click OK.
- Now go back to Kodi Home Screen > Click on System > Then Add-ons > From here you need to select Install from Zip File > Find Jesus Box in the list and click on it > Now click on Repository.Jesusboxtv-1.0.3 > It will take some time to install.
- Now click on Install from Repository > Jesus Box Repository > Video Add-ons > Genesis Reborn > Install > Now enjoy watching movies and TV shows.
Genesis Reborn Review
Many reddit users have an impression that Zen (Elysium) and Genesis Reborn are currently the best Kodi add-ons for streaming movies and TV shows. However, Elysium is currently not working which leaves Genesis Reborn the lone warrior.
Exodus Kodi add-on was previously called Genesis. It was when Genesis stepped down took it over. Genesis then revived its old brand, which was named Genesis Reborn. Both these sources are good for watching movies and TV shows.
#kodi Good news Kodi fans, there is a new program like exodus used to be it’s called Genesis Reborn and it’s really good for movies/tv 1/2=
— DJ X-TRA (@djxtra74a) July 15, 2017
Genesis Reborn Not Working/Issues/Errors
There could be many reasons why Genesis Reborn could fail to work. Some of the failures to work along with their solutions are provided below:
Couldn’t Retrieve Directory Information Error
This error is due to a failure in the repository, or the repository source. It occurs when the repository source is gone or has been shut down. Apart from that, this error may also occur due to human error of typing incorrect repository URL.
To avoid human error, it is required of Kodi users to check if there is an end slash (/) at the end of the repository URL. You need to type a slash (/) key at the end of the URL to avoid this error.
But how to know when this error occurs due to shutdown of repository? You can check whether if the repository is working, simply type the URL into your web browser. If it opens the link then it means the repository is working.
Check Log for More Information
This error may drive anyone crazy. The reason why this error occurs is because the add-on is longer available, or the content is geo-restricted.
If the add-on is no longer available, it means it has been shut down. If its geo-restricted, you can get Kodi VPN to solve the problem. VPN bypasses geo-restrictions and you can easily stream videos on Kodi.
Genesis Reborn Failed to Install a Dependency
Failed to Install a Dependency error mostly occurs when the repository from which the add-on is installed, is damaged. This error can also appear when the source of the repository is damaged, but the repository or the zip file remains intact.
To fix this issue, you need to consider installing Genesis Reborn Kodi add-on from a reliable source i.e. from Jesus Box repository. The installation process for Genesis Reborn mention in this blog is from the Jesus Box Repository. So feel safe and install Genesis Reborn.
Genesis Reborn Download
To install Genesis Reborn Kodi add-on directly on your computer, you are required to follow some steps. But before that, you need to download Jesus Box Repository Zip File on your computer.
- Once the download is complete, open Kodi > Click on Add-ons > Package Installer icon > Install from Zip File > Here you need to navigate the downloaded zip file from your computer > Wait for installation to occur.
- Now select Install from Repository > Click on Jesus Box Repository > Video Add-ons > Genesis Reborn > Install > Enjoy!
The Wrap Up
Genesis Reborn is an emerging Kodi add-on which is quickly gaining its foothold in the Kodi community. It requires a recognition from Kodi users which would make it unparalleled to Exodus. This is why we provided a complete guide on how to install Genesis Reborn on Kodi.