Hide.Me VPN offers a free plan for FireStick users without any credit card requirements but has limited servers.
It has around 1,700 servers with a strict no-logs policy. With its feature ‘IP leak protection’, everything that you do over the internet remains anonymous.
Even though the app isn’t available on Amazon Store though the provider claims that it does, I have discussed how to Hide.Me VPN on FireStick using APK method.
I have also discussed how to use Hide Me VPN on FireStick once you have installed it successfully.
Does Hide Me VPN work on FireStick?
Yes! Hide.Me VPN had an official app on the Amazon Store, but since I didn’t found any, I provided an APK method to install Hide.Me VPN.
It works amazingly well and in this guide, I have also discussed how to use this app once done with installation.
How to Install Hide.Me VPN on FireStick
Step 1: Subscribe or Sign up with Hide.Me VPN
Step 2: Open FireTVStick Home
Step 3: Click on the Search menu
Step 4: Type Downloader and click on the search result
Step 5: Click on the Downloader app from the list
Step 6: Press Get
Step 7: Once installed, click Open
Step 8: Now enter URL https://bit.ly/hide-me-fire-tv and click GO
Step 9: A page will appear, just find Hide.Me website URL and click on it
Step 10: The download will now begin
Step 11: Once the download ends, click Install
Step 12: Press Install again
Step 13: Once completed, press Open
Video Guide: How to Install Hide Me VPN on FireStick
How to Use Hide.Me VPN on FireStick
Once you have subscribed and installed Hide.Me VPN, follow these instructions on how to use it:
#1 Open Hide Me VPN app and click on either Sign Up OR Log In
#2 Enter Username and Password
#3 This is the interface of Hide Me VPN
#4 Search for any country server
#5 Once connected, enjoy safe and secure streaming
What is the Amazon Rating of Hide.Me VPN?
Hide.Me VPN has a fair 2.8 stars rating on Amazon Store with only 246 user reviews.
If you look at the stats in the image below, you will see that only 31% of users have rated it 5-stars but a majority (i.e. 39%) have rated it 1-star.
Here are some of the user reviews from Amazon store:
This user is not happy with the service and doesn’t know how to check if a VPN is working. If you open any browser on FireTVStick and search IP leak test, you could find out if your VPN is working. Hide Me VPN does give a green signal when it’s been connected.
Another dissatisfied customer has a complaint that this VPN slows down other apps. That might be true if anyone is using the free version because a huge load in the server might slow down your FireStick. That is why we recommend using a paid version.
Hide.me Features on Amazon FireStick
- 1,700 Server Around the World: You can choose from 70 locations and 1,700 servers in Asia, America, and Europe. These are optimized servers having a fast speed that gives you great streaming experience.
- IP Leak Protection: If you’re streaming any free content, don’t worry Hide Me VPN has a DNS leak protection that will hide your IP address from ISPs, Government, and Hackers.
- Strong AES-Protection: With strong encryption, there is no way your ISP or any skilled hacker can have a peek at your internet traffic. It’s nearly impossible with the AES 256-bit encryption.
- Strictly No Logs: This VPN service does NOT keep any logs and they really mean it. Since logs can easily link actions back to you, they’re strictly against it. Even if the law enforcement wants to have a look at the logs, they can’t because they don’t have any.
- Free Plan: It offers a free plan for FireStick users where you can test out the service at zero cost and with no credit card required.
- 10 Connections Simultaneously: With a single Hide Me VPN, you get to use this service on 10 devices at the same time. The freedom to connect up to 10 devices means that you can use this VPN on your mobile, desktop, FireStick, Router, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Hide.Me VPN compatible with Fire TV?
Yes, Hide.me VPN is compatible with Fire TV and FireStick. FireTV and Fire Stick both use the same operating system that is FireOS, which is why they share the same apps.
How to use Hide.Me Split Tunnel feature?
You can use the Hide Me VPN split tunneling feature by allowing specific apps to pass through the VPN connection and encrypt the traffic directed through them.
To learn how to use the Split Tunnel feature with Hide.Me Windows App client, visit Hide.me Knowledge base page.
Hide.me is overall a great option for Firestick users because of its free package as well as its amazing services.
It does not require any credit card information for the free plan, but the servers are quite limited.
Once you use the free plan you will be amazed to see how good this VPN is. Even though if you do not like what you see, you can always try using the best VPN for Amazon Fire TV.