Hide.me is a Malaysian VPN provider, offering a decent service with a large server network for FireStick users. It has the potential to be called the best VPN for FireStick and you will get to know ween you will go through this guide.
Hide.me VPN app is available over the Amazon App Store and you can easily download and install it on FireStick and FireTV devices. Online streamers should always use a VPN while streaming on FireStick, to protect their privacy and to unblock restricted streams.
Hide.me FireStick Features
- User-friendly client
- 1400+ Servers in 50+ Countries
- Kill switch Feature
- AES-256 bit Encryption protocol for desktop client
- Dedicated apps for multiple operating systems like Windows, MacOS, Linux, FireOS, iOS, Android
- Strong Encryption protocol
- 4 different packages including a Free VPN package
How to Setup Hide.me on Amazon Fire Stick
Downloading and InstallingHide.me VPN on FireStick is quite easy as it is available over the Amazon app store. Follow these steps to install Hide.me on FireStick without any issue:
- Boot your FireStick device
- Open the Amazon app store and click on the search bar
- Now search for Hide.me VPN and click on the first search result i.e. “hide.me VPN”
- Click Install/Get and wait for it to download and install on your device
- Once the installation completes, open the App and login by using your credentials
- Now connect to a secure server from the region you want to access
Now you can access the streams from any region without worrying about the restrictions. You can also install Kodi on FireStick and enjoy streaming like never before.
Hide.me on FireStick FAQs
There are certain Frequently asked questions that I noticed over multiple social media channels. So, I thought that I should post them over here and answer them for you to help you if needed.
Is Hide.me VPN compatible with Fire TV?
Yes, Hide.me VPN is compatible with FireTV as well. It is obvious that whatever is compatible with FireStick will definitely be compatible with FireTV as well. FireTV and Fire Stick both use the same operating system that is FireOS, which is why they share the same apps.
How to use Hide.me Split Tunnel feature?
You can use the Hide.me Split Tunnel feature and allow specific apps to pass through the VPN connection and encrypt the traffic directed through them.
To learn how to use the Split Tunnel feature with Hide.me Windows App client, visit Hide.me Knowledge base page.
Can I use Hide.me free plan for OpenVPN configuration?
To use OpenVPN configuration files, you will need Hide.me premium package as it is not nor free package users. If you are looking for the installation procedure, refer to this “OpenVPN configuration method”.
Hide.me is overall a great option for Firestick users because of its free package as well as for its amazing services. It has all the required features that an online streamer would look for a VPN except that it is a bit over-priced. I would personally recommend it for Firestick users who are looking for a free VPN for FireStick with great safety features.