In this guide, I will be discussing how to install GAIA Kodi addon on any device.
GAIA Kodi Addon is mainly a premium addon that only works with Real Debrid and Trakt users. It is a fork of the famous Kodi addon called Bubbles.
It is a video addon that includes sections like Promotions, Movies, Shows, Documentaries, Shorts, and Kids.
⚠️ Streaming free content through third party Kodi builds and addons like GAIA is very risky and it sometimes get users in trouble with the law. This is due to streaming the pirated, copyrighted, or censored content through these addons. So, it is a wise choice to use a VPN Service with Kodi.
A VPN helps you be anonymous online from hackers, phishers, spammers, and even from ISPs and let you stream geo-restricted content even through torrent links.
How to Install GAIA on Kodi
- GAIA Addon Repository
- How to Install GAIA Addon on Kodi Leia & Krypton (Version 17 or Higher)
- How to Install GAIA Kodi Addon on Jarvis (Version 16 or Lower)
- How to Get a VPN Protection on Kodi (49% Off Coupon)
- GAIA Kodi Addon (Direct Installation Method)
- How to Install GAIA on Kodi Fire TV Stick
- Kodi GAIA Not Working / Errors / Fixes
- How to Activate Real-Debrid on GAIA
- How to Setup Trakt.tv in GAIA
- How to Update GAIA on Kodi
- How to Uninstall GAIA Addon on Kodi
- GAIA Addon Alternatives for Kodi
- GAIA Addon for Kodi: FAQs
GAIA Addon Repository
In the world of Kodi addons, old repositories abandoned and expires sometimes while new repositories replace their place. Even sometimes you have to wait a bit for the new working repository to replace already broken or outdated repository.
You’ll always find the latest and working repository for GAIA addon here. We check for these repositories frequently and update them accordingly.
Kodi GAIA Repo Name: GAIA Repo
Kodi GAIA Repo URL: http://repo.gaiakodi.com/
How to Install GAIA Addon on Kodi Leia & Krypton (Version 17 or Higher)
1. Open Kodi media player and go to the Settings
2. Select System option
3. Click on Add-ons and then enable Unknown Sources
4. Click Yes when the message prompts
5. Now go one step back to the Settings menu and then click on File Manager
6. Double click on Add Source
7. A box will open, so click None
8. Now enter URL http://repo.gaiakodi.com/ and click OK
9. Enter the name i.e. Gaia Repo and click OK to close the box
10. Go one step back to the Settings menu and then click on Add-ons
11. Select Install from Zip File
12. A box will open where you will need to click on GAIA Repo
13. Now select repository.gaia.zip and wait till installation completed
14. Once installed, click on Install from Repository
15. Find and click on Gaia Repository
16. Now select Video Add-ons and then click on Gaia
17. Press Install
18. Now click on Gaia Repository Version 5.6.0
19. Click OK
How to Install GAIA Kodi Addon on Jarvis (Version 16 or Lower)
- Open Kodi.
- Go to the System.
- File Manager.
- Double Click on Add source.
- Click ‘None’ > Enter http://repo.gaiakodi.com/ > Click Done.
- Name it GAIA Repo. > Click Done > Click OK.
- Go back to home screen > Click System.
- Click on Add–ons > Install from zip file
- Select GAIA Repo >Click repository.gaia.zip > Wait for a few moments.
- Click Install from repository > Gaia Repository > Gaia > Install > Wait again for the notification.
How to Get a VPN Protection on Kodi (49% Off Coupon)
Before you start streaming from the SportsDevil Kodi addon, you must be using a secure VPN to stay away from your ISP tracking. The number one recommended VPN for Kodi users is ExpressVPN. You can use it on 5 devices simultaneously.
You can get ExpressVPN at US $6.67/mo (49% Off) for 12 months Plan with additional 3 months free.
Here is how to install ExpressVPN on Kodi media player.
- Sign up for a ExpressVPN account and download its app on your device
- Run the app and sign in with your credentials
- Connect to the fastest server and start streaming videos on Kodi
GAIA Kodi Addon (Direct Installation Method)
GAIA Kodi add-on has another installation method that requires you to download the GAIA Repository zip file directly on Kodi. This method can cut off the initial 3 steps as highlighted in the Kodi Krypton setup above. Here are the steps below:
- Download the GAIA Zip File and save it on your system.
- Launch Kodi > Click on Add-ons tab > Select Box-icon > Then Install from Zip File.
- When the box appears, you need to upload the downloaded Zip File > The installation will start.
- Now click on Install from Repository option > Gaia Repository > Video Add-ons > Gaia > Then Install.
How to Install GAIA on Kodi Fire TV Stick
Other than Amazon Firestick apps, GAIA is one famous addon for FireStick. To directly install GAIA on Fire TV Stick, it is necessary that you install ES File Explorer and then install the zip file.
- To install ES File Explorer, follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to Fire Stick Home Screen > Click on Settings > Select System > Developer Option > Turn ON Apps from Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging option.
- A box will pop-up to declare warning, select OK
- Now follow the same steps mentioned earlier in this guide
A lot of users face errors like no stream available on GAIA while watching it on Fire Stick. However, the best way to fix this error is by installing the best vpn for fire stick.
Kodi GAIA Not Working / Errors / Fixes
If you’re facing Kodi not working issues regularly and haven’t got a working solution yet, then we highly recommend you to check our guide on “8 Common Fixes for Kodi Not Working Errors“.
Kodi GAIA Installation Failed
This error is prompted due to many reasons including failure of the internet and shutting down of the repository. If you had previously installed a repository that is currently been shut down, you might see the add-ons listed on its add-on section. However, when you proceed for the installation, it prompts ‘Installation Failed’ error.
Check your internet connection before proceeding towards installing GAIA, otherwise the installation would fail again. Another technique that resolves the problem is to check for the repository that is currently working and hasn’t been shut down.
GAIA Error Check Log
While trying to install an add-on you might have encountered this error. This error appears if there are some files missing in the add-on repository from which you are trying to install the add-on. Another reason behind this error is having a filled up cache or back-end data.
You can fix this error by first trying to clear cache on Kodi. If cache clearing helps then the repository is fine. Otherwise, try to use a different and reliable repository for installing the add-on. The add-on repository we have mentioned on our blog is tried and tested.
Kodi GAIA No Stream Available
Recently an error has been popping up on Kodi while using GAIA stating, ‘No streams Available’. This means that either the stream you’re looking for is new and not yet available or either it is too old to grab.
As for the add-on, GAIA might not be able to catch any stream from the provider. The reason may be because of your network connectivity, firewall, or your cache.
Well, this error can easily be fixed. Follow the following steps to fix this error:
- Go to the Main Menu> Open Tools.
- Click on Clear Providers> Click yes> A notification stating ‘Process complete’ will pop-up.
- Now click on Clear Cache> Click yes > A notification stating ‘Process complete’ will pop-up.
- Click on General > Go to Providers Timeout> Decrease it to 20> Click OK.
- Again click on General> Click on Playback from the left-hand menu> Turn off Hosters with Captchas> Click OK.
- Now select Subtitles from the Tools menu> Enable Subtitles> Click OK.
- If you have an unstable or slow internet connection then,
Go to Tools Menu> Select General> Click on Playback from the left-hand menu> Go to Max quality> Decrease the video quality for the better streaming experience.
GAIA Failed to Install Dependency Error
GAIA add-on is available on many repositories, but there are only a few where it actually works. There are repositories where you install GAIA add-on but it gives an error ‘Failed to Install Dependency’.
As a result, you are unable to install GAIA on Kodi ending up Kodi GAIA not working. Some of the add-ons contain Trojan viruses and you may accidentally install them through these repositories which is a bigger risk.
To fix this problem, you can install GAIA from the official repository which is safer than any other repositories.
GAIA Can’t Connect to the Server
This is a rare error and does not occur usually but if it does, it means that either it is your internet connection that is unstable or the repository source has been moved to a new URL.
First, check the repository URL and see if it is online or not. Secondly, Check your internet connection and make sure that your network connection is stable. If the error persists, try installing the add-on from a different repository.
GAIA Could Not Connect to Repository Error
This error occurs while trying to install the add-on and this might be because of a broken source link or the repository source that you have added might be incorrect.
Check the repository source link that you have entered in the file Manager and verify whether the add-on repository is working or not. If the repository is down then search for and add an alternate repository source.
How to Activate Real-Debrid on GAIA
- Open Kodi > Go to Settings > Click on System settings > Change the Basic menu to Advanced.
- Click on Add–ons tab from the left-hand menu > Click on Manage dependencies > Click on URLResolver from the list > Click Configure.
- Click on Universal Resolvers > Choose Real-Debrid > Click Priority> Set the value to 90 > Click Done> Click OK
- Click Configure > Select Universal Resolvers > Go to Real-Debrid section > Click on (Re)Authorize My Account > sign in to your debrid account.
- Enter the code that you see on your screen at this https://real-debrid.com/device > Now click Continue, Real Debrid has been installed.
How to Setup Trakt.tv in GAIA
- Open GAIA Kodi add-on
- Click on Tools > Click on Settings: Accounts
- Click on Trakt from the list > A window will popup showing a URL and Pin code.
- Enter the PIN code > Authorize Trakt.
How to Update GAIA on Kodi
Although Kodi updates addons automatically, however you can manually update addons to watch the latest content. Here is how you can update an addon on Kodi.
- Go to the Add-ons tab > Video add-ons
- Right click on the GAIA addon > Information
- Click on Update > Select the latest Version available
How to Uninstall GAIA Addon on Kodi
Uninstalling an addon in Kodi is a simple 3 steps process. If you’re familiar with the Kodi environment, You can easily navigate and perform different actions on Kodi including uninstalling an addon.
- Go to the Add-ons tab > Video add-ons
- Right click on the GAIA addon > Information
- Click on Uninstall > Yes > Yes
GAIA Addon Alternatives for Kodi
GAIA Addon for Kodi: FAQs
❓ Will I Need a VPN for GAIA Addon on Kodi?
Using a VPN with Kodi addons is not necessary but it is highly recommended. GAIA just like other third party addons sources free content from the web which is sometimes pirated and cause copyright issues. So, you should remain on safe side by using a VPN if you’re from the country which has strong Internet surveillance and related law.
Moreover, a VPN let you access blocked content which you can’t stream otherwise.
❓ Can GAIA Addon be Installed on Fire TV Stick?
Yes, GAIA addon can easily be installed on Fire TV devices. We have discussed this above in detail. Refer to the section “How to Install GAIA on Kodi Fire TV Stick” above for instructions.
❓ What’s the difference between a Kodi Addon and a Build?
A Kodi addon is a piece of code compiled for a specific function to perform on Kodi. There are addons for Video, Music, Programs etc. Whereas a build is a more complex code, written with a lot of addons, skins, wizards, and additional functions to give Kodi users a visual all in one platform for their Kodi entertainment.
❓ Is GAIA Addon Legal?
Using GAIA addon on Kodi is legal itself but you have to make sure the content you’re watching through GAIA is not pirated or censored. As these addons get links from the web and there is a chance that these web sources may hosting copyrighted content which is not allowed to distribute freely. Always use a VPN with third party addons to remain on a safe side.
❓ What is the Best Addon for Firestick?
GAIA is a good addon that is available for Kodi users. There are some alternatives to this that we have discussed above. However Kodi Covenant, Exodus V8, Exodus Redux, Magic Dragon, Venom, The Crew, and Seren 2.0 are some of the best addons working right now.
Adding Things Up
GAIA Kodi is a wonderful Kodi addon for all the binge-watchers as it allows them to stream their favorite movies and TV shows in HD. Very few Kodi addons offer high quality streaming with a single click.
I have personally tried this addon and found it quite interesting, as I did not encounter any lags while streaming. The add-on runs smoothly without any errors or crashes and does not slow down your system.
Using a secure VPN service with the GAIA addon is highly recommended for safe unrestricted entertainment. It keeps your identity hidden from online threats and even from your ISP and helps you access geo-restricted content in your country even through torrent links.